How much $$$ would you spend on a verse -Messy Marv/Lil B/Ap-9/E-40

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Why should 40 WATER let up on his asking $$$? That nigga been on/selling gold & platinum records for over 15 years strong and he still getting it in independently.

May 20, 2006
Shit...If I were to pay 10 racks to an artist..he better gas his verse ...

but yeah...If you want premium gas...you pay it...that's how I see it..

E-40 is premium gas......
we felt like 10 racks was love......
if it was some industry shit he mos def wouldve charged more...

Jul 29, 2009
East Palo Alto, Ca
I didnt pay anything for any of the verses on my Compilation, its 27 rappers on there, I have Mars, ADR LaVey, Redrum, Cali Sick Record homies, Big Oso, and hella others. I think it just depends on how close of a connection you have with them and also how much of a guarantee that that record will sell. I just promised them a copy of the album when it came out. Much love to everybody that got on it!

May 20, 2006
I didnt pay anything for any of the verses on my Compilation, its 27 rappers on there, I have Mars, ADR LaVey, Redrum, Cali Sick Record homies, Big Oso, and hella others. I think it just depends on how close of a connection you have with them and also how much of a guarantee that that record will sell. I just promised them a copy of the album when it came out. Much love to everybody that got on it!

how many copies did you sell???

Feb 16, 2006
i wonder how they feel now, since you basically bragging that you ain't pay them. 'promised them a copy of the album' lol!! you sounding lightweight like you pimped them.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
MY POINT IS....

SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY BOUT BUSINESS AND SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKIN 4 A HANDOUT. I WORKED WITH BLOCCLIFE ALSO AND EVERYTHING WAS 100. THEY SPECIFICALLY PAID ME WHAT I WANTED AND NOT WHAT "THEY" FELT I WAS WORTH. ARTISTS RESPECT THAT. I'VE HAD OFFERS IN THE HUNDREDS AND I USUALLY DECLINE CUZ IT WONT HELP ME WITH MY BILLS. IF U WANT QUALITY...IT COSTS. ON THE 31ST OF THE MONTH I MIGHT DO SOMETHING 4 THE LOW BUT IT PROBABLY WONT BE MY BEST WORK. RESPECT THE GAME....SO THE GAME CAN RESPECT U.GG

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
$ is $ and when u aint got it, might as well pull the best offer on the table when its needed? i dont see why an artist wouldnt gas every verse they get on, its a much better look for them if they do

May 6, 2002
SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY BOUT BUSINESS AND SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKIN 4 A HANDOUT. I WORKED WITH BLOCCLIFE ALSO AND EVERYTHING WAS 100. THEY SPECIFICALLY PAID ME WHAT I WANTED AND NOT WHAT "THEY" FELT I WAS WORTH. ARTISTS RESPECT THAT. I'VE HAD OFFERS IN THE HUNDREDS AND I USUALLY DECLINE CUZ IT WONT HELP ME WITH MY BILLS. IF U WANT QUALITY...IT COSTS. ON THE 31ST OF THE MONTH I MIGHT DO SOMETHING 4 THE LOW BUT IT PROBABLY WONT BE MY BEST WORK. RESPECT THE GAME....SO THE GAME CAN RESPECT U.GG
So your saying if they ain't paying you what you want you ain't given it your best? Of course an artist is gonna "respect" getting what they asking for. haha. that's funny.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
@ Mr. Manolo-

IM SAYIN U GET WHAT U PAY 4.IM SAYIN I MIGHT DO A VERSE 4 THE LOW AS A GOOD GESTURE 2 HELP THE LESS FORTUNATE BUT LETS NOT BE NAIVE,MONEY BRINGS THE BEST OUT OF PEOPLE ON SEVERAL LEVELS.WHAT I STARTED DOING WAS TELLING THEM WHAT I CHARGE 4 16 BARS AND IF THEY TRIED 2 SHORTCHANGE ME THEN I OFFER 8 BARS 4 WHATEVER THEY GOT. THATS JUST ME ON MY HUSTLE THO.I MAKE SURE ITS WORTH SOMETHING WHENEVER I GET IN THE BOOTH. ITS CALLED PROFESSIONALISM. YALL HAVE A GOOD SUNDAY.IM BOUT 2 GO PLAY SOME HOOP SINCE THE EAGLES LOST...THATS A BUMMER.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
AND I KNOW IT MIGHT HURT SOME FEELINGS BUT AS A BUSINESSMAN I CAN SAY THIS-
MOST PEOPLE THAT SPEND HUNDREDS ON ARTISTS AND HUNDREDS ON PROJECTS,SELL THE SAME AMOUNT OF RECORDS.....HUNDREDS. IF ITS A NUMBERS GAME..I THINK BIG SO I CAN GET BIG. NOBODY LIKES PUTTIN IN REAL WORK 4 FREE.