How much $$$ would you spend on a verse -Messy Marv/Lil B/Ap-9/E-40

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
it's a long bridge btwn puttin yo product on the shelf (on cosign) and folks picking it up and paying for it...... this is 2011, not 1997
couldnt have said it better....it will be interesting the see the quality of this product, because nowadays in music, these predictions are about as accurate as the weather predictions for Jan 22,2039

Ugly Nigga, leak one song from the album that will make us believers in the quality of this product

whats one song when your gonna sell 10k in a few weeks...its nothing to a boss right...

AP9

Of The Mobb Figaz
Feb 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
This shit is crazy........ Music business is not like it used to be ofcourse as in people buyen your album at the stores!!! If I sell 5,000 CDs I'm happy as fuck!!! I sell them at 7 dollars a piece to city hall so 7 times 5,000...... You do the math!!!! That's some "OK" money to me!!!! It's not the best but it's not the worst!!! That's why we sell ring tones and and songs for a dollar each!!! Every month I pick up a check from city hall for zbout 2,000 up to 2,500 and that's not from my album sales........ That's songs and ring tones off the Internet that people have bought!!!! Plus I sell hella albums over seas....... I sell more overseas then I do in the states!!!! That's where the moneys at........ Trust me!!!!!! I got a overseas distributer who buys 7 thousand of my CDs everytime it drops and they buy thdn for 10 dollars each!!!! Ass for Ugly Nigga I got a quick question, I font know your music or what you sell when you drop your shit I just wanna know if that "Ugly Nigga" thing has been worken for you????? I ask that cause I deal wit alotta corporate white people and I couldn't picture them walken around wit "Ugly Nigga" shirts on or even sayen "Ugly Nigga" out they mouth!!! I just wonder if I was in the mall wearen a shirt that said that and how they would be looken at me wit a word like "Nigga" on my shirt!!!!! Different strokes for different folks and I'm not knocken yo hustle cause to be real it's lil shit like that that people fall for and it ends up sellen great!!!! I just look at shit from all aspects of the game as a true business man!!! If it's worken for you........... Get yo money my nigg!!!!!!

May 10, 2002
When I put out my album almost 10 years ago I had the opportunity to get a Mac Dre feature for $400... and I turned it down. It was through someone who knew him closely and was encouraging me to get it but as crazy as it sounds nowadays, I didn't like the thought of not being in the booth with him recording it (I preferred having a studio session with the artist to catch their vibe etc) and at that time I wasn't sure it would help with album sales. Of course now, that's the one regret I have with my album. http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/GrantTheft

The most I got paid for a verse was $200 to be on a Colby O song (guy that Akon signed) before he made a lil name for himself. I would have done it for free.

I respect any artist that can get paid for a verse.. and the ones that love it for their craft.

May 4, 2002
remember when u looked foward to features tho?

Mc Eiht & Scarface......
Spice 1 & Redman....
that was that shit...

anyway...lemme come back to 2011 *swag* lol