HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
HijackThis v1.98.2

It is a small but very effective program, and in some cases difficult to use. It requires expierence with internet explorer, or the borwser which you are running. What it does, upon execution, is list all of the changes and additions that have been made to your browser since it was initially installed. For instance, if you download the google toolbar, it will show a reference of it on the list. However, it will list parts of internet explorer that you need in order for it to function properly (i.e. critical updates). You must have a general knowledge of what should be and shouldn't be installed with your browser.

It might sound difficult, but it is really not that complicated. I was hit a couple of times with the BargainBuddy spyware, and so when I loaded this program I deleted everything with the word "bargain" and "buddy" in it.

[download]

Google Toolbar [download]

Apr 25, 2002
Seriously though, you could eliminate 90 percent of your problems if you just stay the fuck away from Internet Explorer, try a different browser such as Mozilla.

Apr 25, 2002
MeloTrauma said:
Seriously though, you could eliminate 90 percent of your problems if you just stay the fuck away from Internet Explorer, try a different browser such as Mozilla.
Yup I aree to that. As soon as I swithced browsers, I quit having pop up problems. It definitely helps.

Aug 20, 2004
Heresa tight virus/spyware finder...http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

It willnot only find every damn piece of spyware you have..it will also eliminate em for ya.And if it cant erase em automatically....like the ones that clone and embed themselves real deep...it will point out EXACTLY where they are on your hard drive....i recommend usin it once a week if you are on the net frequently...

Apr 12, 2003
IF YA LIKE PLAYING HOLD EM', DOWNLOAD THE GAME AT TRUEPOKER.COM

OH YEAH, WHEN MY SHIT WAS FUCKED, I DOWNLOADED SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY. NOW MY COMPS BACK ON QUE. GOOD LOOKIN' OUT TA EVERYONE'S INPUT. WITHOUT THE OPEN FORUM I'D BE STRANDED.

Mar 18, 2003
******** XP USERS ********

If you are ever infected with a virus or any type of spyware: Go to Start, then Run, type in restore, and then run rstrui.exe.

I stumbled across this tool when something vicious hit my computer and ruined Internet Explorer. I went to delete a couple of things and lost my internet connection as well. What this does is allow you to restore your computer to the settings of any previous date. I just went in, picked the day before (when my computer was uninffected) and it completely restored it to those exact settings. Not only that but it didn't erase any of my documents I created during that day.

I've only tried it once and it worked to perfection.

This feature is likely on newer versions of windows but I don't remember ever seeing it on Windows 98.

Has this ever failed for anyone?

Feb 9, 2003
Why is it that my Windows XP takes soooooooo long to load? It used to load in a few seconds now it takes up to 5-10 minutes! I donwloaded this Bootvis shit which is supposed to help but i dont know how to use it.

Jul 1, 2003
YALL WHASSUP IM HAVN PROBLEMS WID MY PC OK..LYKE MT PC HAS BEEN RUNNIN SLO L8TLY IDK WUH DA MATTA WID IT CUZ I RUN MY MCAFEE VIRUS SCAN..MY AD-AWARE.. N MY PC IZ STYLL RUNNIN SLO N DEN I STARTED N SAFE-MODE N IT DINT FYND NO VIRUSES N IDK I GOT SBC DSL ..SO IF NE 1 KNOS WUH UP WID IT TELL ME THANKZ IZ N ADVANCE.PAYCE