HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
wow that HouseCall outside scanner is the shit! It found a lot of crap that AVG & Bazooka didnt even clock. Thanks!

btw if you have problems manually removing virusues.. it may be becuase in tools--->folder options---->view, your hidden files and folders & protected operating system files are invisible. Check em off!

I used to delete viruses from my old ass computer this way. Completely forgot about it til the other day. Works a treat. Note: restore the old settings after virus is eliminated!

Sep 12, 2002
ALL YOU NEED

Here is the rundown on all you need; fuck the other bullshit:

Assuming you are a user of a microsoft operating system:

1. Hardware firewall properly configured [most convenient being one built in to your router, if you dont have one, get one]
2. Software firewall properly configured [go with free zonealarm, get @ download.com]
3. XP SP2 with all the latest security updates
4. Antivirus program with all the latest updates (or just go without and use housecall and/or free avg and remove the viruses yourself if you happen to become infected)
5. Ad-aware w/latest updates[get @ download.com]
6. Spybot search & destroy w/latest updates, first scan then immunize [get @ download.com]
7. Use mozilla firefox [getfirefox.com]

Dec 2, 2004
For like a year now my computer has been running all day and all night. i don't turn it off becuase it hard to get it to turn back on. when i turn it back on this blue screen shows up. It says "dell" across the screen.
Almost everytime when i turn my computer of or restart it that blue dell screen comes on. so now i just don't turn it off. I assuming that if computer runs is never turned off it will die out. mine hasn't yet but anyone know a way to stop that blue dell screen from showin up? so i can turn my pc off without worring about turning it back on.

May 16, 2004
cbrennan04 said:
For like a year now my computer has been running all day and all night. i don't turn it off becuase it hard to get it to turn back on. when i turn it back on this blue screen shows up. It says "dell" across the screen.
Almost everytime when i turn my computer of or restart it that blue dell screen comes on. so now i just don't turn it off. I assuming that if computer runs is never turned off it will die out. mine hasn't yet but anyone know a way to stop that blue dell screen from showin up? so i can turn my pc off without worring about turning it back on.
yeah just let it keep running fuck some blue screen. Computers can last forever and its actully good for your hard drive to leave it running. One thing I suggest for you to do if you are going to keep it running all the time is take out the processor fan and the exhaust fans too. If you leave it running all the time the processor might get bothered becuase some wind is blowing on it and maybe decide to run slower or something

Jun 5, 2004
PLEASE HELP.

OKAY MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN RAPED AND IT LEFT THE TROJAN.

1. EVERYTIME I RUN YAHOO ANTI SPY IT PICKS THE VIRUS UP, DELETES IT , TELLS ME I HAVE TO RESTART, WHEN I RESTART ITS THERE AGAIN.

2. I HAVE WINDOWS XP, AND THE TASKBAR USED TO BE BLUE, IT DECIDED TO TURN GREY.

3. THE COMPUTER RESTARTS WHENEVER IT WANTS TO, OUT OF NOWHERE IT CUTS OFF THEN DOES A FULL RESTART.

4. I THINK THE SOUND CARD DISAPPEARED. WHEN I TRY TO LISTEN TO A SONG IN REALPLAYER, IT SAYS CANNOT OPEN, ANOTHER PROGRAM MAYBE USING IT. THEN I FOLLOWED THE STEPS WHEN IT SAID "SEND ERROR REPORT" AND IT TOLD ME TO GO TO A FOLDER THAT I NO LONGER HAD.

5. LAST WEEK WHEN I TURNED IT ON, IT SAID IT COULDNT FIND WINDOWS... SO I JUST CTRL ALT DEL AND IT LISTED A MENU OF SHIT, THEN I OPENED A AUDIO FILE, OR A WPS WORD DOCUMENT, AND THE REST OF THE START MENU AND TASKBAR AND ICONS SHOWED UP.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Reboot
Start hitting F8
Should take you to a screen where you can select "boot in safe mode" - Select it (no networking)
*This mode will allow you to clean the troj' without it starting up and simply copying itself somewhere else.*
Now hopefully your anti-virus s/w is up to date. Run it. It should find and clean this trojan. Once it's done it's thing go ahead and reboot. Should be all better.
If not, try trendmicro.com Free virus scan online. May give you some tips on a different method. Prolly end up pointing you to symantec.com to get a cleaner program.

May 11, 2002
I have been having trouble getting connected to comcast cable because I don't have Internet Explorer, I deleted it because I use FireFox. So what I have been trying to do is download internet explorer and it keeps popping up that I already have IE and that it wont be able to download IE6, so does anyone know how to fix this problem? Microsoft is really starting to piss me off.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
BaSICCally said:
I have been having trouble getting connected to comcast cable because I don't have Internet Explorer, I deleted it because I use FireFox. So what I have been trying to do is download internet explorer and it keeps popping up that I already have IE and that it wont be able to download IE6, so does anyone know how to fix this problem? Microsoft is really starting to piss me off.
You likely only deleted the shortcut to it. What OS are you running? In XP you can simply right-click on the desktop select the tab marked Properties, go to Desktop and select Customise Desktop. In there simply turn it back on by checking the appropriate box. OR even simpler, it may be sitting in your trash bin depending on how often you empty it. Right click on it and select Open. Look for the blue "e" shortcut, highlight it and select Restore from the menu on the left side of the window.