HAVE ANY OF U WORKED AT BEST BUY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2003
WELL IM ASKING BECAUSE I WORK THERE NOW AND IM WONDERING CAN YOU REALLY MAKE A CAREER OF BEST BUY OR IS IT BULLSHIT?ALSO DO BEST BUY EMPLOYEES EVER GET RAISES?
losers, handicapped, or retired people do all the time. im sure they get their simianual 10 cent raise every 90 days. not saying its a bad job. it helps get bills and school paid for. if you dont wish to leave your parent's basement...its a great career path

Dec 13, 2003
you should seriously look into merchandising. i merched for pepsi and coors back in 2000-2002 when i lived in monterey county. kinda physical (coors was waaay easier)..but its easy and you get more than 7/hr ...if you were good, you could finish an 8 hour shift in less than 5 and cat off for the rest of the day...and you could work almost as much overtime as you wanted (as long as it was resonably justified.). all you need is valid L's and a clean driving record.. and your own car. if you impress them in the intereview...they can work with you on they car aspect. keep in mind...this was back in 2000/2001...so things may have changed...maybe not.

working for a beer company was ill though...i used to sit in on the meetings getting wasted on the free beer they passed out. all them cats were either high on coke or drunk out of their mind. shit was enlightening...lol

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
And it begins....lol I remember after I was working there for about 8 months it that I realized this shit was too fake and cult like. All this fake pep and morning meeting cheers was bullshit!
the circuit city I worked for was like the horror store for managers....if you were a manager and was sent there it means you sucked and couldn't do your job right.....we were one of the busiest ones before the best buy opened close by it.....shit was all fun and games for a while until they decided to "clean the store up" they sent in some head manager from another store and hired some manager from best buy and they started doing them lame ass morning meetings....and meetings after the store closed.....shit was ridiculous.....but at least that manager started putting some tight shit up in the break room.....we got a big screen hdtv and a ps2....and some basketball hoop thing, but it was hella cheap and broke hella quick....then we got an air hockey table.....oooohhhh, that shit was hella fun when you're loaded, me and my potna would get into heated ass battles, sweating like we were actually doing some work at the job....lol.....I'd spend at least 3 of my 8 hours a day in the break room.....

Apr 5, 2005
The biggest annoyance I have about the 3 stores within my area is that whenever I'm browsing I hear the PA codes and all of the sudden I get greeted by like 3 people. It's pretty funny knowing the codes and then when they call a code orange and hella people show up in the isle they think you're about to steal something.

LOL! Give us all the codes! I'mma remember code orange. Sometimes I look a little thuggish so they may assume i'm a crook. I want to hear them call that shit on me! I'd fuckin slap one of them fuckin cock suckers if they surrounded me.

May 17, 2002
www.deebo.com
Man I should re-name this thread why does it suck to work at best buy so much?So I got 12 hrs this week which is bullshit.Then I call in to see about next weeks schedule and they tell me one day I work but thats It and I think because they gave me even shittier hours.To top it off my supervisor who is a bitch ass dike tells the operator on the phone for me to find out when I go in how many hours I got because her and the Merch team are too busy unloading the truck for her to be telling me my hours.bullshit they're never that busy when they're unloading the truck she just a bitch and shes playing games with me fuck her.

Dec 13, 2003
Man I should re-name this thread why does it suck to work at best buy so much?So I got 12 hrs this week which is bullshit.Then I call in to see about next weeks schedule and they tell me one day I work but thats It and I think because they gave me even shittier hours.To top it off my supervisor who is a bitch ass dike tells the operator on the phone for me to find out when I go in how many hours I got because her and the Merch team are too busy unloading the truck for her to be telling me my hours.bullshit they're never that busy when they're unloading the truck she just a bitch and shes playing games with me fuck her.
homeboy...dont even trip..keep those 12 hours and get a second job. when your 90 days are up at the new one...you have your options