HAVE ANY OF U WORKED AT BEST BUY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2007
I worked there and had a major sceme going with the inventory people. Got fired. Sure improved my collection of cds and dvds though. That was like in 2001 I think. I worked there for bout 2 years total and yeah I got a couple raises.

Feb 25, 2006
WELL IM ASKING BECAUSE I WORK THERE NOW AND IM WONDERING CAN YOU REALLY MAKE A CAREER OF BEST BUY OR IS IT BULLSHIT?ALSO DO BEST BUY EMPLOYEES EVER GET RAISES?
i don't think you can make it into a career by just selling merchandise..most cats just try and work there for a lil bit while in school or waiting for a better job...others just work there so they can steal a bunch of shit lol...btw how old are you?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Like Autustic said you can make a career out of anything, I don't know if Best Buy is the spot to make one though.

Then again my friend is the head manager of one out here and he makes some really good cash (plus gets himself and us some really good shit for next to nothing.) But he has a degree in business managment and that's how he got the job in the first place. It's pretty hard to work your way up from the inside unless you go and get a two year (AA) degree atleast.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I worked there and had a major sceme going with the inventory people. Got fired. Sure improved my collection of cds and dvds though. That was like in 2001 I think. I worked there for bout 2 years total and yeah I got a couple raises.
same shit with me....except I worked at Circuit City.....my potna knew the guy who installed & maintained the security cams....shit was lovely :cheeky: I got fired tho....fuck them muthafuckas

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
i worked for circuit city for 2 and a half years.... cant imagine making a career out of retail but if thats your thing go for it.. i know some managers who made pretty good skrill out of it.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Circuit City is like the cracked out little brother version of Best Buy. I fucking hate that store.
after working there I will always fuck with circuit city instead of best buy....no loyalty bullshit, but circuit city is hella cheaper....and when they ain't cheaper they beat the price.....most circuit citys are hella ghetto & unorganized tho, except the one in fremont is pretty clean

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
couple of my folks work there, make over 17 a hour, but they been there like 2 years, you wanna try to get off the floor asap.

Nov 20, 2005
well i make 21+ right now, i just have speeding tickets to pay. you know how that goes. :(

i applied to positions off the floor. so, we'll see.

~k.