Hacking

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
When I started on the internet, it was common knowledge NOT to teach someone--who strongly desires the knowledge--how to hack another computer. Mainly because of their intentions and hidden agendas. Most people who really hack don't do serious damage to other computers, they just gather information, and of course, utilize it as some sort of defense mechanism (if you are that into the shit). I will leave you with a few pointers...

Forget about DOS, that shit is older than dirt. Microsoft doesn't even code their operating systems with it anymore, so they claim. If you want to learn how to break into another system, then install some sort of unix/linux platform (I use FreeBSD, I highly recomend it to you). I would suggest buying a book on it as well, but the best way to learn is hands on, with a small command reference sheet. Don't install it as a work station, though. Buy another computer, it doesn't have to be a good one, just a hundred dollar 386 with a NIC card will be just fine.

Go study the "art" of exploitation and system vulnerability. Real hacking is not done through remote system administration, but by finding holes in another system. Scan a broad range of IP addresses for specific exploits, then study how and why they were created. Now the true, and I mean REAL hackers hardley do any of this, they learn the C/C++ language (highly used in coding the most popular computer software) and code/create the vulnerabilities themselves.

When I was younger, I had a huge thirst for hacking. I didn't want to read or learn anything. I wanted someone to slap a manual on my lap telling me exactly how to break into any system I wanted, but thats not the way it works. The best thing for you is to READ. Then READ some more until your eyes bleed.

LEARN:
Unix/Linux operating systems.
Networking (including the 7 layer OSI model), TCP/IP and the way computers talk to one another.
C/C++ is an option, not taken by many, but more useful then anyone will believe.

Just to get started...

Now of course im going to tell you that, I don't hack computers. This is just common knowledge that I have picked up over years of computing. Do with it as you wish, but the chances are that, like most, you are going to be turned away by the extensive amount of readying, studying, and research that is required.

Good luck.

Nov 14, 2002
thank you, ms-dos is old but its one of the easiest/best way to gather the information you need...
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Do with it as you wish, but the chances are that, like most, you are going to be turned away by the extensive amount of readying, studying, and research that is required.
This is true. These days I read up on the shit but rarely apply what I learn. You should pick up a copy or two of 2600 magazine (which you can get at some bookstores) and flip through it. If you can't keep up with that shit then you need to pick up some manuals and get to studying.

Good luck though.

Apr 25, 2002
WIth all that bullshit you have teach yourself why even bother with hacking? Invest all that time into something else. I guess yall need to feel some sense of power over things.

Oh by the way, please dont hack my shit.

Mar 18, 2003
MeloTrauma said:
WIth all that bullshit you have teach yourself why even bother with hacking? Invest all that time into something else. I guess yall need to feel some sense of power over things.
A great deal of knowledge that comes along with "hacking" can be used to land you a solid job in programming, networking, or security, just to name a few, all of which are high paying jobs. There are people that go to college for years to learn C/C++, Networking, and Unix/Linux (in depth). I used to want this type of career, hence some of the wisdom I have in this area, but I kind of lost interest. To each his own.

Mar 18, 2003
MeloTrauma said:
^^^ But if your using all that shit for just hacking, then whats the point? Sounds like a waste of time to me and a power trip.
I agree, for the most part, that the majority of users hacking into other computers are waisting their time. But to those that gain access to thousands of credit card numbers and passwords, maybe it was well worth it. Maybe someone wanted revenge; If someone banned you from a message board, it could quite possibly take you just a few commands to initiate a DOS (not ms dos) attack disabling the entire site. It all depends on how you look at it, like I said, to each his own. I think it's all fun and games for people with too much time on their hands. I would much rather spend my time *OUTSIDE*.

mustynutz said:
WHAT YALL KNOW ABOUT BOXING AND PHREAKING?
Have you ever heard of Kevin Mitnick? He is one of the most notorious hackers to have ever been arrested. He did a lot of serious computer hacking, but what he was arrested for (on one occasion) was cracking the passwords to cell phone companies so that, not only could he get free phone calls, but he could tap into other conversations via his own phone and listen in. If you want, watch "Takedown" which is supposed to be a sequal to the movie "Hackers" although it shows no resemblance. It is a movie based on the life of Kevin Mitnick, it is very interesting. From what I heard the movie was banned in the states and is only sold overseas but you can probably order a copy online.

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
yeah, he was in silicon valley him and this blind dude started it. they figured out to make long distance calls and everything for free. the blind dude could even do that shit wit his voice. he learned how to whistle at the right frequency. they figured out all kinds of shit and used to even hold big ass underground partylines over the phone.