Hacking

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
MeloTrauma said:
God damn, whistle the right frenquency? I guess you got a lot of time on your hands when you cant see shit
ROTFL!@~

MeloTrauma: I understand where you're coming from. For someone to spend their entire time on a computer doing this kind of shit, can not possibly have much of a social life. That is why "NERDS" are commonly associated with computers and hacking.

UKantCMe said:
yeah, he was in silicon valley him and this blind dude started it. they figured out to make long distance calls and everything for free. the blind dude could even do that shit wit his voice. he learned how to whistle at the right frequency. they figured out all kinds of shit and used to even hold big ass underground partylines over the phone.
Yeah, you know who else was doin that shit, Bill Gates. If you watch "The Pirates of Sillicon Valley" (based on the life of gates) they talk about a "blue box" that he created, giving free calls anywhere.

"Kevin Mitnick, who pleaded guilty to a series of federal offenses related to a 2½-year computer hacking spree, was sentenced today to 46 months in federal prison, United States Attorney Alejandro N. Mayorkas announced.

Mitnick, 37, pleaded guilty in March to four counts of wire fraud, two counts of computer fraud and one count of illegally intercepting a wire communication. Mitnick's prolific and damaging hacking career, which made him the most wanted computer criminal in United States history, was ended when he was arrested in North Carolina in February 1995."

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/mitnick.htm

Just look at the guy...

May 13, 2003
www.orakleworld.com
x-kalibur said:
thank you, ms-dos is old but its one of the easiest/best way to gather the information you need...
this is the dumbest shit I have read lately. Who the fuck even uses ms-dos anymore, its obsolete. Windows doesnt even rely on it, its not even in win2k and above......and no cmd or command.com isnt ms-dos its just a command interpretor.
:dead:

fuck windows, download freebsd 4.8

May 13, 2003
www.orakleworld.com
MeloTrauma said:
WIth all that bullshit you have teach yourself why even bother with hacking? Invest all that time into something else. I guess yall need to feel some sense of power over things.

Oh by the way, please dont hack my shit.
when you know how to hack.....you know the ins and outs of an OS.....and that is some valuable information. You basically understand all the basic concepts...like programming, system administration, networking and all that.

Nov 14, 2002
thas why he'll never learn. real hackers, elite hackers, don't study to be hackers. they study to be engineers, programmers and developers. hacking comes natural and therefore can't be taught PERIOD.
Same thing. Both ways you're just studying computer security. That's just typical hacker elitism bullshit.

^^^ But if your using all that shit for just hacking, then whats the point? Sounds like a waste of time to me and a power trip.
Well when you use hacking for say.... tying up phone lines to win cars in radio phone in contests, I'd say that's a validation of why it's not a waste of time.

WHAT YALL KNOW ABOUT BOXING AND PHREAKING?
It's dead.

Have you ever heard of Kevin Mitnick? He is one of the most notorious hackers to have ever been arrested. He did a lot of serious computer hacking, but what he was arrested for (on one occasion) was cracking the passwords to cell phone companies so that, not only could he get free phone calls, but he could tap into other conversations via his own phone and listen in. If you want, watch "Takedown" which is supposed to be a sequal to the movie "Hackers" although it shows no resemblance. It is a movie based on the life of Kevin Mitnick, it is very interesting. From what I heard the movie was banned in the states and is only sold overseas but you can probably order a copy online.
That wasn't a sequel to hackers. It was based VERY loosely on the true story of Kevin Mitnick and the book written by Tsutomo Shimumora (I think that was his name... I have it but it's not by me) called Takedown.

90% of that movie is false.

God damn, whistle the right frenquency? I guess you got a lot of time on your hands when you cant see shit
At the time it was 2600 htz.

Just look at the guy...
He doesn't really look like that.

I helped get that guy out of jail for fucks sake.

Mar 18, 2003
Mujahid said:
fuck windows, download freebsd 4.8
FreeBSD .we1.client2.attbi.com 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Thu Apr 3 10:53:38 GMT 2003 [email protected]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

11:40AM up 24 days, 19:24, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 (I was at 130+ until my power went out, got no backup).

Im reluctant to install FreeBSD 5.xx because this build suits all my needs, I also heard that it isn't any better. I've been running FreeBSD 4.8 for about 6 months now... I started at 4.3.

Zer0.MediA said:
That wasn't a sequel to hackers. It was based VERY loosely on the true story of Kevin Mitnick and the book written by Tsutomo Shimumora (I think that was his name... I have it but it's not by me) called Takedown. 90% of that movie is false.
Yeah, I did a Term paper on Kevin Mitnick last semester. Much of what I saw in the movie did seem like they were taking it to the extreme, but if you look at his record, there are many similarities. The thing I really didn't believe was the ending where he cracked the code to that super-virus... In any case, I thought the movie was pretty good.

Zer0.MediA said:
He doesn't really look like that.
I helped get that guy out of jail for fucks sake.
He does now. It was a photo taken by the Associated Press, posted at CNN.com 8 months ago.

Here is what he used to look like...

Jun 27, 2002
ok, when i mention phreakin i remember tryin to build red box....the one with the radio shack autodialer and the chip you solder in and you could make long distance calls free..i never ending up learning to solder and couldnt order the chip without a credit card....but i memorized how to do it, (i was 15)

2600 magazine was the shit, they had hella underground info like scanner frequencies and stuff like that