Gears of War lives up to the hype!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Sup all,

Just wanted to let you all know (especially those who are still on the fence) that the reviews for Gears of War are in.
The verdict, the game delivers on the hype!

IGN gives it a 9.4 out of 10
Gamespot 9.6 out of 10
1up.com 10 out of 10

The game is averaging a rating of 95% out of 100%
according to Gamerankings.com which compiles all magazine and online reviews and ratings.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/default_x360/1029

I'm picking up my copy during my lunch break today :cool:

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
lucky fuker,........i would go out and buy it too if i had a 360. 1st person shooters are my favorite and this game's graphics look crisp and clean and the gameplay must be fun and gripping(from the reviews i've read).

Feb 4, 2005
yeah, everyone gives high praises, ive got mine pre-ordered already but it dont drop till the 17th nov over here in britian.

Jus means youll get more practice before i hunt you all down online!!!!

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Blackandproud said:
yeah, everyone gives high praises, ive got mine pre-ordered already but it dont drop till the 17th nov over here in britian.

Jus means youll get more practice before i hunt you all down online!!!!
Oh it's on cuz we don't get along!
Haha....

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
just got back from Ebgames...it was fuckin packed in there,didnt know what the hell was going on until some guy came in with a box full of gears of wars. going to go back tomorrow and pick up a copy,only people that had them reserved were getting them

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
miggidy said:
Sup bro,
so have you picked up your copy yet?
Sure did, and I snatched it before I even copped the xbox 360 LOL! I don't know if I want that the 400 buck system or the 300 hookup. I need to decide by this weekend because I need to play this game. I should have snatched the collectors edition and sat on that as well. Oh well....

Aug 7, 2003
HERESY said:
Sure did, and I snatched it before I even copped the xbox 360 LOL! I don't know if I want that the 400 buck system or the 300 hookup. I need to decide by this weekend because I need to play this game. I should have snatched the collectors edition and sat on that as well. Oh well....
get the 400 dollar system, cus for 300 system you still gotta buy something to save the game with. a memory card is 40 bucks, and the hard drive is 100 bucks. so buy a 400 dollar system and you get the hard drive and a wireless controller instead of wired controller in the 300 system.

Feb 4, 2005
hella_numb said:
get the 400 dollar system, cus for 300 system you still gotta buy something to save the game with. a memory card is 40 bucks, and the hard drive is 100 bucks. so buy a 400 dollar system and you get the hard drive and a wireless controller instead of wired controller in the 300 system.
yeah its worth it in the long run, plus you get a free headset so you can talk trash online while playing!

Plus you get some free hexagon game and some tracks on your hard drive, and if you aint got a hard drive you cant download games/demos or content (Extra characters/levels/weopons for games).

Dec 9, 2005
* Kicks self for not reserving copy !

Damn, sold out everywhere ! Best Buy didn't even get 'em in tho ! So theres still hope ! I'm going at lunch today...

@ Heresy, definitely splurge the extra c-note for the premium. The Hard Drive alone makes it worth the money. Plus, all of the extras mentioned above...