Fuck a cable tv bill...fuck netflix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2010
Thinking about grabbing one of these. Any particular one I should get? Do you have to unlock these or anything To get the add ons For movies or anything?
Android/Windows/Mac/Linux are all supported, iOS just needs to be jailbroken to install the app. Once the app is installed you can add/remove any legal or illegal repository (repo = storage location) you like.

Nov 18, 2010
OK right on. Is it a bitch jailbreaking it? Anywhere I can find how to do it. Thanks
I've never done it, if it is like jailbreaking iPhones it is probably pretty easy. I just googled it quick and both Apple TV 1 and 2 have working jailbreaks, 3 doesn't.

I'm sure someone on here has it on their Apple TV in this thread, they can probably help you.

You can always install Kodi onto your laptop or desktop computer just to see if you like it before you invest in a box for it.

Best repos I know of:
http:// fusion.tvaddons.ag/
http:// superrepo.org/
http:// i.totalxbmc.tv/

You can look through repos and shit tryna find stuff to install but if you install the programs "TR Total Installer" and "Addon Installer", you can install whatever video addons from those apps, without having to search through repos and shit.

My fave video addons:
Genesis
Navi-X
SportDevil
1Channel
Veetle
Icefilms
iStream
Movie25

It is best to install multiple ones even if you mainly use one this way if one goes down for a day or two you're not stuck.

Nov 18, 2010
Also for everyone using the Kodi right now on your TV, I am sure you have a remote or mouse you use with it but there is two dope alternatives.

If your TV is from about the last 5 years it likely has CEC support (it's for HDMI), go into your settings and find it. Every brand calls it something different but the keyword is usually "Link", ex: Philips = EasyLink, Sharp = AquosLink. Enable this feature while running your device that plays Kodi and it will let you control Kodi with your television's remote control.

That is good but if you don't have a fancy ass remote it still sucks searching things and having to put in characters individually.

The alternative to that is a free app on Android (maybe iOS too, not sure) called Yatze. If you're on the same router with your phone as your Kodi box, it should automatically sync up and let you control it from your phone. If it doesn't automatically sync go to System Info > Summary, take down your IP address and manually put it in the app with the port 80 and it should work.

Nov 18, 2010
On a complete other note:

I bought 2 new raspberry pi's recently but I'd recommend against that for anyone who isn't computer savvy especially if they don't have patience.

I recently redid all my Kodi stuff and properly this time on my old raspberry pi. I overclocked it so it ran at 1GHz instead of 500MHz, increased the RAM frequency as well, this makes it overheat but if you don't put it in a case it is fine. At that speed it runs fast and has no problems plus only consumes 1 watt an hour so you can leave it on 24/7.

Now the new ones are all 1GHz clockable to 1.5GHz, quad core so they'll run XBMC/Kodi easily without modifying them. If you have comp skills and some patience they're a cheap alternative to buying multiple more expensive boxes and they have far more support due to popularity.

I'm gonna make my old one a NAS to share all my movies and shows across my entire LAN, and the other two, I'll make dual bootable as both Kodi media centers and old console (SNES, Sega etc.) emulators.

TLDR: raspberry pi 2 runs Kodi great but isn't a simple setup for people who aren't good with computers.

Nov 18, 2010
Found a jailbroken one already. You or anyone know if this is a good one I should cop.
Jailbroken M8 Kodi XBMC 4K Quad Core Android 4 4 Loaded Smart TV Box 2GB 8GB | eBay
Looks good enough but let
StillHustlin @StillHustlin or timebomb @timebomb verify, just cuz I don't use an android box so not 100%.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Man I got a S4 put kodi on it. I got xbmc with all the shit on my computer. But the new Kodi shit I cant find any good stuff. Sports Devils gone. 1 channel is gone. Icefilms. I know mashup is Rip. But the other ones should work I just cant find them in the repos?