for those who workout?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
Ive searched some threads but I didn't really get a clear answer. I havent worked out in years so I want to get back into it, I just want to know what I should take pre and post workout. I don't wanna take none of the Noxplode or animal pump shit like that. I wanna do it more naturally, ya know?
if you work out enough you might be able to change your username to just
'408'

Feb 25, 2006
i'm about to start using ON 100% Whey protein post-workout..muscle milk before bed..with green mag as my daily creatine source...do you guys use shakes in the morning too? and would it be better to use whey protein before workouts or muscle milk?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
what are some of the simple and complex carbs you guys use post and pre-workout??
I use complex preworkout... usually I eat whole wheat bread... usually a sandwich... just cause it's easy to eat at work... about an hour before I get off work... then I hit the gym

but you could also eat some whole grain pasta or rice... or some potatoes is some cool carbs... not french fries for you fattys

and simple carbs postworkout... like I've said earlier in the thread... Dextrose

dextrose is the shit for PWO

order some right here... shit is dirt cheap

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=510

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^^ do u know of any good food sources with simple carbs? and how many grams of dextrose do u take post workout?
simple carbs is pretty much sugar

so you could drink a gatorade or something... but dextrose is the purest form of sugar or the best kind for PWO... not exactly sure why... there's some scientific shit behind it... but I've read everywhere it's the best for PWO... and I've seen some gains since I started using it

I use somewhere around 70-75 grams dextrose postworkout with about 40 grams of protein

I just put he protein and dextrose in my shaker without water... leave it in my car while I work out... fill up my water bottle at the gym when I'm done with my workout... as soon as I get out to my car I pour water in my shaker... shake it up... and drink it on the way home... that way I get my shake right away