for those who workout?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
Ive searched some threads but I didn't really get a clear answer. I havent worked out in years so I want to get back into it, I just want to know what I should take pre and post workout. I don't wanna take none of the Noxplode or animal pump shit like that. I wanna do it more naturally, ya know?

May 2, 2002
a few carbs and protein (small bowl of pasta and tuna) before for energy and a shit load of protein after (high quality protein shakes) for muscle regeneration.

May 3, 2002
Muscle Milk too. What gym you gonna be hittin Gabe?

All I have is a banana 30 minutes before. Water during. and Muscle Milk after.
I got a cool little set up here at home, so I'll be doing that probably till i'm done for the semester. I don't have time for the gym right now, with work and school.

May 2, 2002
heres a direct quote from my weight lifting book:

"what you need to know is that your body can use protein to build, maintain, and repair muscle tissue. As your progress, your will need quick and easy means of getting sufficient quantities of protein. The best way to do this is by drinking a high quality whey protein shake. Whey protein has long been a staple for increasing lean muscle tissue because of its broad spectrum of essential and nonessential amino acids."

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Muscle Milk too. What gym you gonna be hittin Gabe?

All I have is a banana 30 minutes before. Water during. and Muscle Milk after.
it's better to have whey protein after... muscle milk is slow digesting and is better for any time throughout the day or before bed

if you don't wanna use any type of supps... I'd say pre-workout just eat a solid meal with some carbs and protein... about an hour before you work out no too fillling... but enough... lately I've been eating a turkey and ham sandwich on whole wheat roll, a banana, and a handful of almonds

post workout I use whey protein and dextrose (aka glucose aka corn sugar) I use 2 scoops of whey and 3 or 4 scoops of dextrose... mixed with water because water digests faster than milk

then about an hour to 2 hours after your workout eat a solid meal with some protein and carbs

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
I got a cool little set up here at home, so I'll be doing that probably till i'm done for the semester. I don't have time for the gym right now, with work and school.
dope.

it's better to have whey protein after... muscle milk is slow digesting and is better for any time throughout the day or before bed

if you don't wanna use any type of supps... I'd say pre-workout just eat a solid meal with some carbs and protein... about an hour before you work out no too fillling... but enough... lately I've been eating a turkey and ham sandwich on whole wheat roll, a banana, and a handful of almonds

post workout I use whey protein and dextrose (aka glucose aka corn sugar) I use 2 scoops of whey and 3 or 4 scoops of dextrose... mixed with water because water digests faster than milk

then about an hour to 2 hours after your workout eat a solid meal with some protein and carbs
almonds, my homie was telling me how almonds and some walnuts are hella good for you and got me taking some Chewable Omega 3 Fatty Acid shit

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
dope.

almonds, my homie was telling me how almonds and some walnuts are hella good for you and got me taking some Chewable Omega 3 Fatty Acid shit
yeah almonds are hella good

I eat em all throughout the day... got a bag of em in my drawer at my desk at work

and yeah omega 3 fatty acids aka fish oils... I take those too

they're good for your heart, help keep you lean, and also help prevent you from inflammation

Apr 25, 2002
Ive searched some threads but I didn't really get a clear answer. I havent worked out in years so I want to get back into it, I just want to know what I should take pre and post workout. I don't wanna take none of the Noxplode or animal pump shit like that. I wanna do it more naturally, ya know?
it's only not natural if you use steroids(androgens count,same with pro-hormones) or pharmaceuticals

STS

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
i need to get back into it also. work be killin me. 9-6 then come home and be too tired to work out. i bought some quick workout stuff like dumbells and bench downstairs but still lazy as fuck. i blame my ex gf. because before i met her i was on point doing my shit. then got too lazy. just broke up wit her after 2 years and lazy as fuck lol.

but i would always take some citrus type energy drink they had at gnc before and then protien shake after.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
mix between casein and whey is good they've done studies muthafucka , studies science don't lie . dont see a problem drinkin muscle milk if you're consuming it with whey protein
yeah... IF you're drinking it with whey protein

but if you're drinking muscle milk by itself it's not the best... I mean if that's all you have drink it... it isn't BAD... just not as effective as whey

and one thing a lot of people don't realize is they need simple carbs after they workout along with the protein... this is where dextrose comes in...

at least pound a gatorade or something with sugar in it...

sugar after workour = good