for those who workout?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
damn 60 grams? that's a lot... damn near dont even need that much

how much do you pay for it?

I've always used ON whey... but I dunno about the complex... is it ideal for pre-bedtime?

because other than the flavor the thing I like about syntha-6 is the slow digestion... but I might look into that
yea, i think a persons body can only digest but 50gr a time. but STILL tho, with each shake, i get the 50 PLUS whereas syntha-6, i would only get, i THINK bout 46 grams. but i go to gnc (i kno, i kno), and i go at the beginning of the month and use my gold card. i spend about $150 on sups every month. i take the gnc sport vitapaccs. they cost $50 and i get the protein shakes for bout $100. i get a big tub and a half. i drink ALOT of that shit. i weigh 205. i drink about 180 grams of shake a day, plus a poached egg muffin before i train in the morn, and a tuna sandwich before i train in the evening. then i'm sure i get good protein from wutever i eat for dinner. not really tryna GAIN weight (that's y i stay away from muscle milk, etc). jus tryna stay ABOVE 200, BUT lose this little i gut i got. but yea, u should checc out the ON pro. i could tell the difference when i switched to that shit, in my lifting power, and my mma training. jus more energy. fold.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yea, i think a persons body can only digest but 50gr a time. but STILL tho, with each shake, i get the 50 PLUS whereas syntha-6, i would only get, i THINK bout 46 grams. but i go to gnc (i kno, i kno), and i go at the beginning of the month and use my gold card. i spend about $150 on sups every month. i take the gnc sport vitapaccs. they cost $50 and i get the protein shakes for bout $100. i get a big tub and a half. i drink ALOT of that shit. i weigh 205. i drink about 180 grams of shake a day, plus a poached egg muffin before i train in the morn, and a tuna sandwich before i train in the evening. then i'm sure i get good protein from wutever i eat for dinner. not really tryna GAIN weight (that's y i stay away from muscle milk, etc). jus tryna stay ABOVE 200, BUT lose this little i gut i got. but yea, u should checc out the ON pro. i could tell the difference when i switched to that shit, in my lifting power, and my mma training. jus more energy. fold.
I tried to cut back on protein shakes

I've been eating a lot more food instead...

I used to switch off every 2-3 hours eating and drinking a protein shake... now I just eat every 2-3 hours

I drink a whey protein shake after my workout and syntha-6 before bed... I might drink a shake every now and then if I need somthin real quick... but thats it

since I've been doing that I've see a lot more gains

Feb 25, 2006
Does the noexplode make you feel all jittery and wired after the workout ?

I tried it once, and I felt cracked out.

I don't drink much coffee, so maybe my body just isn't used to the stimulants.
tried NO Xplode earlier this month for the first time..tried it for about 2 weeks..HATED THAT SHIT..i took 1 scoop and didnt feel shit..took 2 and felt nuthin...tried 3 and felt anxious as fuck in the gym..i didn't even wanna be there, just wanted the feeling to go away lol..

with three scoops i would get a tingling sensation and then my ears would start to itch like a crack fiend..with 3 scoops i would say i had extra energy, but definitely not worth it for me..

oh yeah, i would normally take it at like 4PM and couldn't fall asleep till like 2AM..i would be lying in bed with my eyes closed frustrated as fuck!

May 3, 2002
One last question. I have been going for a run after my workout and post work out shake. Should I run before I workout, or after i work out but before the shake?

Feb 25, 2006
^^ personally i would run before...i would want my muscles to rest and to be able to absorb the PWO shake..ideally i would separate cardio days and lifting days

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
One last question. I have been going for a run after my workout and post work out shake. Should I run before I workout, or after i work out but before the shake?
I would run before just as a warm up

but it's actually better to run after as far as burning fat goes... but not for too long... 15-20 minutes tops

when I'm bulking I do 10 minute warm up and that's it

when I'm cutting I do 10 minute warm up and 15 minutes after my workout

I've actually seen a lot of stuff about HIIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training

supposed to be a good way to burn fat without sparing a lot of muscle

I haven't tried it... but I might whenever I decide to start cutting.... (if I do... I fuckin hate cutting... fuck cardio and fuck eating light... I like to rip the weights and eat like a hog)

Dec 9, 2005
A lot of research has been done as far as LISS cardio being better for fat loss, but from my personal experiences a fasted state HIIT session (no longer than 20 minutes) worked wonders.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
A lot of research has been done as far as LISS cardio being better for fat loss, but from my personal experiences a fasted state HIIT session (no longer than 20 minutes) worked wonders.
yeah in the past I've always been under the impression that low intensity cardio was better for fat loss

but recently I've seen a lot more about HIIT... so I might give it a try

Sep 24, 2006
i do 20 minutes on a treadmill at a 15 incline and a 4mph and then lift weights and then do another 30 minutes on treadmill at the same and im burning like 600-700 calories that way and as far as supplements in the morning i take a multivitamin and fish oil and right before i lift weights i take half a l-glutamine pill and then the other half after working out while i do my last 30 minutes of cardio i take a whey protein shake then when i get home i eat and as soon as im done eating i drink a muscle milk shake slowly (takes me bout half hour to drink just to make it last) im still a big guy ive only lost bout 20 lbs in 5 months but ive gained alot of muscle mass and i workout 4 days a week monday i do legs especially squats if you dont do squats i suggest doing them. Every week i do calf raises but one week ill do them on the leg press and the next i do 6 to 7 sets starting at a certain weight and doing 12 dropping some weight and doing 12 until i do a final set of just bodyweight calf raises. On tuesdays i work out my chest and triceps since they are both pushing muscles you can do them same day. on thursdays i do back and biceps same concept since they are both pulling muscles u can do them same day. every other week for biceps i only do 5-20's if anyone wants to know what it is just ask but i suggest doing them if you want to get bigger biceps. and on fridays i do shoulders. i usually do 7 exercises for legs 4 exercises for chest, triceps, back, and biceps, and i do 7 exercises for shoulders. i do 3 sets of each exercise. one week i do heavy sets where ill do two warm up sets and then one heavy set of each exercise on the warm up sets you only go to 8 reps and on the heavy set you should only be able to do 6 to 8 reps before failure. and the other week i do 3 sets of each exercise but i do a weight where i can get between 12 and 15 reps and i dont max out. if anyone has any questions just ask im more than willing to try to help others.