for those who workout?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2009
Protein before and after working out. Look at it like this, would you drive your car with no fuel? That's why you need protein before you get your yokes on. Slow burning carbs like plain ass Quakers Oats. No carbs 2 hours before you go to sleep and a shake before you fallout and one when you get up. So that's at least 3 shakes a day.

May 3, 2002
thanks everyone. Just one more question, on the Protein shake I bought it says to mix 31grams with 8 fl oz of water. Should I up the serving size or is that a good serving size. I'm a bigger dude (6'5 1/2" 230 lbs) so I was thinking maybe double the serving?

Feb 14, 2009
Are you trying to get swole or lose weight? If you're trying to get your yokes on, you need 1 to 2 grams of protein per pound you weigh. So if you weigh 100lbs you need 100 to 200 grams of protein a day through shakes and whole foods. If your tryin to lose weight hella cardio and weights plus the protein.

May 2, 2002
thanks everyone. Just one more question, on the Protein shake I bought it says to mix 31grams with 8 fl oz of water. Should I up the serving size or is that a good serving size. I'm a bigger dude (6'5 1/2" 230 lbs) so I was thinking maybe double the serving?
230 lbs.. I would say as long as your take in over 30 grams, you should be straight..

but aye, instead of mixing it with water, mix it with some skim milk cuz that has a good amount of protein in itself. plus it tastes better.

Jan 24, 2006
230 lbs.. I would say as long as your take in over 30 grams, you should be straight..

but aye, instead of mixing it with water, mix it with some skim milk cuz that has a good amount of protein in itself. plus it tastes better.
No dont mix it with milk, milk is casein protein which means slow digesting protein. You want water because the body absorb water quicker.

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Muscle milk is not supposed to be used immediately post workout
30 MINUTES AFTER

i need to get back into it also. work be killin me. 9-6 then come home and be too tired to work out. i bought some quick workout stuff like dumbells and bench downstairs but still lazy as fuck. i blame my ex gf. because before i met her i was on point doing my shit. then got too lazy. just broke up wit her after 2 years and lazy as fuck lol.

but i would always take some citrus type energy drink they had at gnc before and then protien shake after.
I WORK 11 HOURS DAYS AND STILL GET OUT THERE, ITS ALL ABOUT MOTIVATION

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
No dont mix it with milk, milk is casein protein which means slow digesting protein. You want water because the body absorb water quicker.
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

milk is good if you're using protein as a meal replacement any time bedides after your workout... but postworkout you want that shit to absorb as quickly as possible... so use water

and as far as how much to use after your workout... use at least 30 grams... but it wouldn't hurt to throw in an extra 10-15... double the dose would be a bit much probably

personally, I'm 205 5'9" and I take about 40 g protein after a workout... and about 75 g dextrose

and yeah... make sure you take in a total of at least 230 grams of protein a day if you 230 lbs. I would try to take in more than that... but def not less

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I WORK 11 HOURS DAYS AND STILL GET OUT THERE, ITS ALL ABOUT MOTIVATION
yup I work and go to school full time... but you just gotta do it

after a certain point once you see results you're gonna wanna keep going

I don't look at the gym as something I HAVE to do... but something I enjoy doing... the last hour I'm at work I can't wait to get off so I can go hit the weights

Oct 18, 2008
Yup once you do it and make it a routine you like the way you look and feel your more confident bout yourself....
I have 2 works out classes in school and enjoy them both

Dec 9, 2005
Getting up to do the actual workout is harder than the workout itself.

Working out is almost like autopilot.

But shit, you feel great afterwards, and there's never been a time where I'm not glad I forced my lazy ass to do it.

Oct 18, 2008
You just got to push yourself sometimes I come home tired as fuck just want to lay on my bed but I force myself to work out that's the toughest part to keep commuted to your workout most people will quit

Dec 9, 2005
One thing that hella helped in forcing me to hit the gym after work/school is brining my bag with all of my shit in there with me, and just heading straight there.

Sep 16, 2002
Ive searched some threads but I didn't really get a clear answer. I havent worked out in years so I want to get back into it, I just want to know what I should take pre and post workout. I don't wanna take none of the Noxplode or animal pump shit like that. I wanna do it more naturally, ya know?

take some type of complex carbs , and whey protein at least 20 grams ... about 30-45 min pre workout... ex an apple/ or bananna with a shake

post workout simple carbs with protein .. something like a protien shake smoothie, at least 30 grams or so is good ..

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
take some type of complex carbs , and whey protein at least 20 grams ... about 30-45 min pre workout... ex an apple/ or bananna with a shake

post workout simple carbs with protein .. something like a protien shake smoothie, at least 30 grams or so is good ..
^ yup

complex carbs + protein pre and simple carbs + whey protein post

Feb 14, 2009
Showing up to the gym is 1/2 the battle, working out is an excellent stress reliever. Like Morebass said, just bring your shit with you. That's what I do, cause if I go home and sit down it's a wrap and I won't wanna do shit.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
personally I don't usually have that problem... as far as just getting to the gym

I just put it in my head that I wanna work out... I get myself amped up to go hit the weights before

I'll be sittin at work for the last hour and throw on my "workout playlist" on my ipod and listen to that shit... by the time I get off I'm hella ready and can't wait to get in the gym

in fact I almost have to force myself to not go sometimes... I try to limit myself to 4 days a week so I get enough recovery time... but I really feel like goin everyday

I dunno... I guess I'm hella weird...

May 6, 2002
I go late, usually around 9 or 10pm. It's a lot better since there aren't so many people in there. You dont have to wait on machines or benches, or have people hit you up to work in with you.

The thing that motivates me is that its really the only thing that I do for myself. I work to take care of other peoples problems. Sure, it pays me but that money doesnt even really go to me either. When I go to the gym its ALL ME. Everything about it is for ME and ME ONLY. The rest of my day/night is dedicated to other people...