Food Network

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
Any one else a fan of this channel? What are your favorites? Cant go wrong with Diners, Drive-ins & Dives & Chopped(minus that fuckin bitch that they have as a judge)

Apr 25, 2002
Bout the only thing I'll watch on Foodnetwork anymore is Good Eats and only if I catch it channel surfing.

They got rid of every other good show they had on there in favor of lame concepts and non-chef TV personalities.

Oct 9, 2008
I dig chopped...it always gets me all hungary and i head to the kitched to grab some fruit loops, sardines and broccoli and see what i can make happen..lol

Feb 5, 2006
I started out watchin Food Network 4 "Iron Chef" and Rachel Ray, but now while I still catch Iron Chef I now wanna fuck the shit outta Sunny Anderson on top of them counters....lol

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I like the Latin bitch on Simply Delicioso. I will watch anything except some of the Challenge shows. Dinner:Impossible is my favorite show. I'm glad they brought back chef Robert back to the show.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i just check out giada..lol...and there's a thick english chick or somethin on there she's kinda cute...

personally i'd rather watch anthony bordain....dude's a sav.

Dec 9, 2005
I swear I've been watching Food Network since the mid 90's, I don't know what it is but I love watching cooking shows!

Funny thing is, I never try to make any of the stuff I see, and usually don't take much from the shows except for little tips and what not!

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I watch a bunch of them shows, but for some reason, I can't stand Good Eats, Unwrapped or Rachel Ray.

I make shit I see on there all the time. Or I try too.....LOL...last week a made a country fried steak recipe I saw on paula deen, and this weekend I am making this:

Steak and Greens

Ingredients
Rub:
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 pounds round steak, thinly sliced
Directions
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups chopped onion
6 cups beef broth
15 cups washed and chopped greens (suggested mix of mustard, turnip and collard)
1/2 stick butter
Steamed white rice, for serving
For the rub:

Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons on sliced steak, tossing to insure the meat is covered. Reserve for later use.

In a cast iron skillet, add flour over low heat. Brown flour, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, about 5 minutes.

Heat heavy 5-quart cast iron pot; over medium heat, add oil. Brown seasoned meat for 2 or 3 minutes, turning once. Add onion and browned flour. Pour 1-cup of broth and stir to combine well. Add some of the greens, and then add more broth. Repeat this until there's no more broth and greens. Lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of rub and 1/2 stick of butter. When the butter has melted and greens and meat are tender, transfer to a serving bowl and serve over rice.

I know I know, this should go in the Food Forum!

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I forgot Dinner:Impossible! I love that show! and the Challenges...Watchin them make them cakes amazes me. I could never do that shit!