Favorite position on football field

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The RB slot was ill as fuck for me. I rushed, blocked, ran routes, caught, even passed sometimes. I played FB when I was younger and I loved it, but once I got the skill to do everything at the RB position I never looked at any other position.

On the defensive side of the ball I played MLB most of my days. I got to play FS my freshman year in High School though, and I fuckin loved it. I had a lot of freedom and was able to get my hands on a good amount of INTs (which is the best thing you can do on D IMO). I was able to come up and make hits.. After that I beefed up and became a power runner on offense and switched to LB on defense. LB is ill too, I just enjoyed FS a little more. I was able to make more big hits as a LB though.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
WR I WAS A BEAST IN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE,UNDER SIZE FOR THE PROS 511 190 BUT RAN A 4.48 IN THE 40.SHIT MY SON IS DOING HIS THING AT RB IN THE POP WARNER LEAGUE SO I GUESS ITS RB NOW

Does your son play in Peninsula Pop Warner, etc? Is it Division 1, 2 or 3? I'm just curious, because we send D2 and D3 teams down to Santa Clara/Palo Alto every year. Woodside H.S. would be the location where we play regionals at down there.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
My favorite positions I used to play is:

Offense: Tight end
Defense: Outside Linebacker

I used to like both positions because I was always in the mix. I like defense better though because I used to hate running backs.

Nov 27, 2006
O- i played a running full back, i played a little WR cause i had good hands but i was always to short
D- i played corner, loved it cause you gotta be smart and know how to react in a split second

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Does your son play in Peninsula Pop Warner, etc? Is it Division 1, 2 or 3? I'm just curious, because we send D2 and D3 teams down to Santa Clara/Palo Alto every year. Woodside H.S. would be the location where we play regionals at down there.
My son plays pop warner and our team right now is in D2. Our team is garbage though (not my son). Too many politics and too many of the kids want to play running back just to score TD's. They're not concerned with "winning" that's why we averag 2 wins a season.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
My son plays pop warner and our team right now is in D2. Our team is garbage though (not my son). Too many politics and too many of the kids want to play running back just to score TD's. They're not concerned with "winning" that's why we averag 2 wins a season.
Let me guess, the coach's son plays starting QB or RB? Nepotism, kids are put in positions due to popularity with parents and coaches. The coaches probably haven't even worked with the Offensive Line? They failed to teach them Trap, Cross and Zone Blocking? Are they trying to run Pro formations with these kids? They only spend time with the so called Skill Positions and ignore the rest of the players? They wasted too much time in practice on conditioning, karaoke and other non-football non sense that they see in movies! These are just some of my guesses on why the season failed for your son's team. Let me know Tony and then I wanna holla at you about coaching.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^You're right on....this past year my kids coach would have them running, running, running. When I leave practice they're running when I get back they're still running gasping for their breath. I am like damn... all they do is run. They don't work on executing plays much. And then when the game comes... they're not prepared and they get smashed. It got so bad that the other team would have to take a knee after they scored so they wouldn't run up the score. Their coaches didn't teach them about Trap, Cross, and Zone Blocking. And every single game they would run the same trick play.

And you guessed right again... the year before last my son was on the JR. Pee Wee's right. The head coach and his son were the coaches. Their kid was garbage period and they gave him a shot at receiver (skilled position) and he dropped two passes in a row at practice and then put his head down and walked back to the huddle. My son never got an opportunity at a skilled position like tight end/receiver and my son catches (with his "hands", he doesn't let the ball hit his pads) and he never got an opportunity. My son knows how to run routes too but they just put him on the o-line.

Yeah this past year's Jr. Pee Wee coach would just brag about how many TD's his son scored the previous year. It's gets tiring because I am a winner and I would rather hear about winning instead of a kid scoring all these TD's and the team still losing. If I was head coach I wouldn't favor putting my son at running back just because he's my son. It's not fair to the other kids that maybe even better but they're getting held back because of Nepotism. It's BS.

Holla at me about that coaching mayne!!

Mar 26, 2006
Sounds like you guys had fun playing your favoured positions.

I'm still in training at the moment so maybe in about a year when I have beefed up a bit I will start playing in our sunday leagues instead of soccer. As far as I know there is not many people that play it down under.

Not sure what position, but I have decent pace and good bombing technique with leg strength (punting) However I don't want to be only a punter, I'd like to play all the positions

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
My son played for the Menlo Atherton Vikings #14 he had 10 touchdowns this past year over 1,200 yards rushing first time starting his best game agaisnt Gilroy 3 touchdowns 5 rushes 247 yards touchdown runs of 83 yards 67 yards and 58 yards.Against Redwood City 4 rushes 145 yards 2 touchdowns runs of 26 and 50 yards. Burlingames Rams 4 rushes 157 2 touchdowns and others his second year playing fucked up thing was they would pull him out by half time most games and put him in at db. His first year he had one of those coaches that wanted his son to shine and his son was garbage my son was 5th in the state in the 100yard dash for ages 7-8 year olds in track fastest on his team and only got to run the ball 3 times his frist year sorry so long but I'm a proud parent ill post some of his runs up,he is in a spring football league now in San Jose