Favorite position on football field

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 26, 2006
so what is your favorite position for offense and defense?

I was watching superbowl 11 highlights (I think) Raiders v Vikings and it was great to see the blocking on the running plays and even the main running back made so many yards that season but gave running the ball up for the majority of the play, just to block, I thought that was cool. So I'm guessing he was the HB and the FB was the one running through the gaps yeah?

For defense its the Safety that stands behind the main line of scrimmage and puts on big hits to the ball carier right?

but yeah if you can put down here your favorite positions and why that would be great and help me learn more about the game.

cheers

Mar 10, 2007
no.. the FB is the one doing most of the blocking.. the HB is the running back.. like Frank Gore. The Safety's are the 2 all the way in the back of the defense.. they do big hits but you're talking about the linebackers(Like Patrick Willis), the ones about 4 yards infront the line of scrimmage

Mar 26, 2006
no.. the FB is the one doing most of the blocking.. the HB is the running back.. like Frank Gore. The Safety's are the 2 all the way in the back of the defense.. they do big hits but you're talking about the linebackers(Like Patrick Willis), the ones about 4 yards infront the line of scrimmage
Yup, but I think they made mention in that particular superbowl the HB was doing the blocking instead of the FB, I could be wrong. Sorry for not being clear about that mate.

Ah yes the linebackers. So on offence instead of doing big hits they just block and clear the way for runs right?

Feb 15, 2006
doggy style in the endzone. with the trademark thumb in her ass....thats what i thought when i read the title...

i gotta give it to th qb's: cuz its the QB...cmon

and the corners: cuz they get first crack at WRs, usually.

and i gotta give it to the punter on special teams: takes skill to get it within the 20 and not make it bounce out.

Nov 7, 2006
when i watch the game i love watching safety and i like receivers but when i was playin LB was easily the funnest on defense and on offense FB or TE was fun. i fucking hated playing DE and i dont know why but there wasnt that much freedom on the field and the way i was coached on DE was to go for QB everytime and let the LB's worry about the run. my coach was a drunken idiot lol

Feb 15, 2007
when i watch the game i love watching safety and i like receivers but when i was playin LB was easily the funnest on defense and on offense FB or TE was fun. i fucking hated playing DE and i dont know why but there wasnt that much freedom on the field and the way i was coached on DE was to go for QB everytime and let the LB's worry about the run. my coach was a drunken idiot lol

i also hated playing de, it was fun sacking the qb but that was about it

Jun 15, 2005
WR. Juking to get open for a second and catch one, knowing you could get cracked a second after.

Good ones block on running plays, and when your QB throws a suspect pass, you gotta turn into a CB.

Nov 7, 2006
i also hated playing de, it was fun sacking the qb but that was about it
whenever they put me in as a DE i would purposley hit the QB late so they wont put me in lol. in my senior year i was always LB and FB cause i love to fucking hit. i would hit ppl that wouldnt even effect the play lol. gotta love highschool ball

Nov 7, 2006
^^^i played mike. was never good on the edge at LB for some reason but if i played DE then i was decent lol. but my bread and butter was in the middle