Extended Jobless Benefits Will Pass House

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
it depends on what you made

i see nothing wrong with unemployment....its not like you get it if youre fired..the people who get it lost their jobs, it wasnt their fault...trust me if i could be back at work making 17 dollars sitting on siccness i would.beyond it helping the economy (the people who have unemployment, spend it) to me its a question of morals...do we need a bunch of people who lost their jobs going hard in the streets, robbing people to eat?

should i really have to sell drugs and risk my freedom to eat?

the problem with them cutting off unemployment how they did is there was no prior warning of this happening. so the people who thought they had checks coming in, all the sudden didnt....i dont think that shits right...to me it would be different if they said aiight we gon vote on this in a month, be ready for that. but everyone got cut off. losing your job is bad enough but losing unemployment cuts deeper...

NOW OF COURSE i could suck up my pride, go work for mcdonalds and call it a day...go get a temp job....in that sense i may be lazy....but im not gonna go to 17 dollars to 7 dollars because of that.....i cant live on it...i honestly cant even live on unemplyment, that just helps along with hustling.

so shit until i get back on my feet and find a new job....its needed...i was never on welfare...but i had bills to pay and shit got real....its not worth me being homeless

been 4 weeks and ive gone hard looking for a job, i actually have a good resume filled with government jobs and cash handling...no call backs....i hear its 7 people for every job position available fighting for it

which aint bad i mean i can get picked outta 7 people, but even getting to that point is seeming to be alot harder...

i got my last job in a week of looking...honestly i been about 3 applications a day at the minimum for the last 2 1/2 weeks and i still aint heard shit..all bad
^ I feel you on this shit 100%

for anyone who just assumes people on unemployment are lazy, and don't wanna work... you're wrong

sure, some people don't even wanna work... but a lot of people really want jobs... and there's more unemployed people than there are job openings... it's a bitch trying to find a job out there

Jan 18, 2006
I know I went through the whole process in 2007, you can also get on unemployment if u get fired. You go through a temp service like labor ready, work for them 1 day and show up late the next day and they won't have work for you and after that just call umployment and u will be eligible. Still most folks think they worth more then what are being offered, sooner or later you have to suck it up and take less money

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I know I went through the whole process in 2007, you can also get on unemployment if u get fired. You go through a temp service like labor ready, work for them 1 day and show up late the next day and they won't have work for you and after that just call umployment and u will be eligible. Still most folks think they worth more then what are being offered, sooner or later you have to suck it up and take less money
part of it has to do with pride, no doubt

but part of it has to do with the fact that you can make more from unemployment than you can at s lot of shitty jobs

Apr 21, 2006
The max for unemployment is $450 a week in Cali. With the stimulas payment I was getting $1900 a month. Before my layoff I was making that Almost every two weeks, so it slashed my income in half. When the grant I was on ended three of my employees were going to get laid off and I was staying. I was losing though, $1200-1600 in childcare, $400 kids medical. Shit was backwards. I asked to go and keep my employees. Now my kids have medical coverage, subsidized childcare. My income for this year will allow me assistance with completing my BS and save me 10k out of pocket. 3 people got to work because I left. I volunteered at my old job during my unemployment. To bring me back they had to let people go. Just not my people. Jobs are hard right now. I'm approaching the game way different right now. I can't make over 46k or they'll douche me in child care again. I just incorporated my name, gotta do like the rich. They get applauded for not paying their share. The working class get fucked every time.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
I Just Found a Job, Was Making 22 an hour Framinig Houses And Vinyl Siding Now Im Making 8.25 An Hour All Bad But Its a Good The Unemployment In Nevada is 400 Max But Taxs An Shit I Was Getting 375 A Week I Just Hope Something Happens In This Country It's Scary Not Known If You Going To Be Laid Off One Week To The Next

Apr 26, 2006
I'm glad I got a job and stayed with it. My job has actually been pretty consistent lately. I'm actually a bit tired of working. Worked 6 days last week and about to finish another 6 days. Worked OT today as well.

It's time to re-build America you fuckers.

Aug 24, 2003
i just hope everyone gets a job and wish you good luck
its unnatural for someone to not do anything but yet they get to eat and have a place to sleep, i wouldnt be comfortable with my life if i were in that position

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
there could be a few reasons... but from what I see in Cali is people are turning down jobs cause they could make more $ on unemployment than what some of these companies are willing to pay.

i've seen some retarded ass job postings....its amazing what companies are looking for these days you have to be super qualified, able to work nights, holidays, weekends, flexible as fuck and still have a great attitude all for minimum wage...my friend went in for an interview and he said that his appointment was at 11 and wasnt seen until 12 because there were so many people applying for the same position...skilled or not....glad im not in that position

the job market is seriously fucked with more and more businesses going under its only going to get worse

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I got a homie that has been on unemployment for like 2 years, i doubt hes even trying to find a job.

In arizona they pay you 240 a week tops, ain't no way in hell i could be on unemployment at all out here. It wouldn't even cover my living expenses

Mar 13, 2003
To all the people who are saying that the "unemployed" are just sitting on unemployment and raking in that "money" FUCK YOU...I have 4 kids and a wife (she works) and the amount that i get on unemployment no matter how much it is, isnt enough to sit comfortable...We are basically living of bare essentials while im on unemployment to me this isnt living "the life"...Shit it's fucked up! I have even stopped smoking weed all together cuz i've been looking for a job since November.....We went from going every where doing every thing like disneyland, water parks, Great America when i was working to staying home and at the most having a little barbeque.....I have felt a huge impact since this economy has taken a shit, from living in a house with a mortgage to selling it cuz our fucked up mortgage company wouldnt let us modify out loan.....We went from having our own house in san jose to renting a house in san jose....It was to be long term but i lost my job and couldnt afford the rent for another year so we had to do what we had to do and that is move into an apartment (which i fucking hate!!!!) It doesnt make financial sense for me to take a job that offers less money than i would be making on unemployment (that equals less food on the table for my family...Could you do that to yours just to say you have a job???) and yes i have turned down jobs like that!!.......When i was working i was just over $20 hr.( edit: almost forgot about the pay raise we got in October a month before i got laid off from the union) I went from that to getting in over barely $1600 a month on unemployment....that aint shit and it definetly isnt no fuckin vacation for me!!!!! I have applied to a shit load of fuckin jobs out here in the bay (mainly south bay since thats where i am) and even out in the Livermore area and nobody (for exception of $12 hr or lower) has given me any kind of call back.....I have been notified from a couple of potential employers that i am "over qualified" their main reason for not hiring me lately even though i need money and my thing is "some money is better than no money" since my unemployment checks have stopped....I have been to so many temp agencies I am getting sick of these so called "interviews" and all i have ever been offered there is exactly what didnt make sense to me financially ($12 or less and hr)....It seems that since all these checks have stopped coming in that people are taking any kind of job that comes their way no matter the pay....The only problem with that is now since im willing to take a huge (almost $8-10 hr pay cut) all those temp agency calls have stopped....HHmmmm wonder why?!??!? I know that im not going to get a job paying me $19 or 20 hr off the bat to almost equal the pay where i was working at before but i have been putting as low as $14 hr on applications for desired salary......Interesting enough no call backs for interviews. For the government to leave us people who barely make it on unemployments "huge" checks they give us is wrong in so many ways and forcing us to basically take any kind of employment so that what jobless number claims could drop??? fuck that i have responsibilities and my family is first on my mind when I wake up in the morning and get in gear for another day (or hours) of filling out job applications and going to temp agency interviews....i get up @ 5:30 in the morning almost every week day to fill out applications cuz i am going off of the notion "the early bird catches the worm" and still nothing (that shit gets really discouraging after a while!!)....So for those "people" wether political or not that think most of us are getting "lazy" sitting on unemployment, i'll change places with you for the last six months and let me know how it goes......But im sure most of you will be so egotistical saying "i can find a job" "no big fucking deal"....Become unemployed and try and get another job that will keep your family financially afloat...Or shut the fuck up biaaaatch.....haha

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
To all the people who are saying that the "unemployed" are just sitting on unemployment and raking in that "money" FUCK YOU...I have 4 kids and a wife (she works) and the amount that i get on unemployment no matter how much it is, isnt enough to sit comfortable...We are basically living of bare essentials while im on unemployment to me this isnt living "the life"...Shit it fucked up! I have even stopped smoking weed all together cuz i've been looking for a job since November.....It doesnt make financial sense for me to take a job that offers less money wise than i would be making on unemployment and yes i have turned down jobs like that!!.......When i was working i was 40 cents shy of $20 hr. I went from that to getting in over $1600 a month....that aint shit and it definetly isnt no fuckin vacation for me!!!!! I have applied to a shit load of fuckin jobs out here in the bay (mainly south bay since thats where i am) and even out in the Livermore area and nobody (for exception of $12 hr or lower) has given me any kind of call back.....I have been notified from a couple of potential employers that i am "over qualified" their main reason for not hiring me lately even though i need money and my thing is "some money is better than no money" since my unemployment checks have stopped....I have been to so many temp agencies I am getting sick of these so called "interviews" and all i have ever been offered there is exactly what didnt make sense to me financially....It seems that since all these checks have stopped coming in that people are taking any kind of job that comes their way no matter the pay....The only problem with that is now since im willing to take a huge (almost $8-10 hr pay cut) all those temp agency calls have stopped....HHmmmm wonder why?!??!? I know that im not going to get a job paying me $19 or 20 hr off the bat to equal the pay where i was working at before but i have been putting as low as $14 hr on applications for desired salary......Interesting enough no call backs for interviews. For the government to leave us people who barely make it on unemployments "huge" checks they give us is wrong in so many ways and forcing us to basically take any kind of employment so that what jobless number claims could drop??? fuck that i have responsibilities and my family is first on my mind when I wake up in the morning and get in gear for another day (or hours) of filling out job applications and temp agency interviews....i get up @ 5:30 in the morning almost every week day to fill out applications cuz i am going off of the notion "the early bird catches the worm" and still nothing....So for those "people" wether political or not that think most of us are getting "lazy" sitting on unemployment i'll change places with you for the last six months and let me know how it goes......But im sure most of you will be so egotistical saying "i can find a job" "no big fucking deal"....Become unemployed and try and get another job that will keep your family financially afloat...Or shut the fuck up biaaaatch.....haha
well said

Mar 13, 2003
the fucked up part about my situation is that i was about to go to either Heald or Wester Career College and get my edumication on in either health care or computers, that way i am doing something productive since i am not working but since all this shit came about i have now switched back to looking for a full time job cuz my government left me out to dry...That doesnt sit well with me knowing i have other mouths to feed. So now my focus has switched to either finding a full time (temp or perm) plus a part time or 3 part time jobs...I gotta do what i gotta do for my family's well being!

Nov 24, 2003
I see a lot of people talking about not taking jobs for pay lower than they were receiving before. I understand that, but this is the scary truth;

Part of the problem really simplifies down to simple Econ 101, supply and demand.

There are more people than there are good jobs.

The scary part is, as technology increases productivity and the global (cheaper) workforce continues to emerge; competition for jobs is going up, while the supply of jobs is going down.

Irrespective of the "Great Recession" this is a trend that is going to continue into the foreseeable future.

Something to consider. It should definitely influence your attitude towards saving and careless spending.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
TLALOC - your one of the people using the system for what its suppose to do.

I have a homie who lives at his parents, no kids, no car payment... on unemployment for over a year not looking to accept any job.