Extended Jobless Benefits Will Pass House

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
So for four weeks they knew Byrd would be replaced. What were they doing for four weeks? People were filing their claims the whole time. It's in the computer. Now they cut the check and mail it. New York has already released funds to their unemployed. This is not rocket science.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
wba = weekly benefit amt

and obama signed into law the extension bill thurs at 4pm. how the FUCK do u expect to have your check so fast?
i dont expect that, i just expect them to be on top of their shit. i thought the shit passed on tuesday...but does a bill pass and then obama signs it or some shit?

it takes a day to mail something from sac to san diego..more or less i woulda liked an clear understanding of what was going on..instead of me like a week and a half after getting nothing in the mail, im like "wtf is going on??" and check google.....maybe thats my bad for not being up on politics.....i guess i just expected them to be on the ball and have some sort of plan ready to roll as soon as the shit was signed instead of like "dont call us, well call you"

i already know that the claim forms are sent and then its two weeks of filling out paperwork...but honestly..after 4 weeks (maybe more?) of no checks, it just seems pretty obvious we were all looking for jobs during that time...so to me, and this is just me, i feel like the claim forms should be back-weeked.....so theres less of a wait for relief...but i doubt thatll happen

im just more bothered by the entire process this has been. at first i thought i was the only one who unluckily ran out of his first extention while they were doing this...come to find out that wasnt the case......it just seemed planned to me...and that shows little or no respect to those struggling to make ends meet..shit reminds me of seeing all the people in new orleans displaced at the stadium during katrina...obviously it wasnt as big of a issue as katrina was but it had alot of people with no fucking idea what they were gonna do in the meantime...

another thing that bothered me was that they cut everyone off no matter what tier youre on...so all these peopel on tier 5 got to sit on their fucking ass forever and us new people on the claim get treated just like them...

if i knew better i prolly would do better...i wouldnt have spent so much money ass soon as i got off pc1000 classes....i woulda saved that shit and braced for this..but thats my bad really

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
anyone know if it's possible to collect while doing an unpaid internship?

I got offered an internship position, it doesn't pay anything, I was thinking about doing it just to gain some more skills and qualifications, but if they cut off my UI benefits and I'm working for free.... well fuck that shit....

it's like I know I can go to school, because I go at night, and I'm available 9-5 hours like I was working before... but if I did the internship I wouldn't be available those hours

I was thinking maybe I could just tell them I'd continue to look for work and I'd be willing to quit the internship as soon as I found an actual job that pays

it's probably too late to do it now anyways, cause I was supposed to agree to do it by Thursday if I wanted to, and I didn't know how it would affect me, so I said fuck it

Jun 23, 2002
its not a state thing its a fed thing. im callin u out on the ny claim. thats bs. the bill passed the senate on tues, then had to pass a house vote which happened thurs and obama had to sign into law before (which he did around 4pm thurs) before any action could be taken. i swear some of yall want your checks hand delivered by a private jet

plus, do u know how many people are on unemployment right now, in california alone? it takes hella long to process that many peoples extenstions.

again. blame the feds

Apr 21, 2006
http://laborbuzz.labor.ny.gov/

Please scroll down to July 23rd "Oh, What a Relief it is!". This is the New York Department of Labor's Labor Buzz page. I just saw this. I knew people were getting their backpay because they are on New York Department of Labor's Facebook page thanking God they got their dough and my family is from there.

This is my issue. There is a backlog and our state government is once again showing their inability to move in a systematic, panned, efficient manner. I ran a grant for EDD before (CALGRIP) and have been to their offices in Sac many times. They are stuck in the 80s, like most of the state offices including the DMV. All of this shit should be electronic like technologically savy states (NY) included.

I don't expect to have my check today or tomorrow. But hell yeah I expect to have answers on how they will be dissemenating the checks. They don't even have a fuckin plan! They are just now starting to plan?????? They saw this coming three weeks ago! Me, I am ok I have some money saved up but when I go to Target like I did today and spend $110 on pampers and shit like that I want answers. Period point blank.

The chaos, lack of answers, archaic governement, lack of mobility, lack of streamlining etc is a STATE Issue right now my friend.

God help us if there is a huge earthquake. You'll feel me then.

Apr 21, 2006
If you were on a 1,2,3 or 4 extention before you got a job then you are eligible for backpay up until you received your job IF the ONLY reason you stopped getting a check was because the senate did not have enough numbers to get the bill out of fillibuster. It depends on how long you were on before your unemployment stopped and when you got your job.

Apr 21, 2006
havent gotten anything on it. a few days after i was approved i got a letter saying extensions were being cancelled
You're straight then. When you get your claim forms you put you were unemployed for the weeks they ask about. Then for the week you started working you put employed. Congrats!