Exotic Fish for 55 Gallon freshwater tank..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
I just realized this thread is about fish and snakes, and MrToungetwista is nowhere to be found! Doesn't he own that big ass yellow python or whatever it is? I used to see it in his sig all the time.

Nov 7, 2002
5ive1en so when you going to get a blue or green phantom? Did you ever go on any of those website and check out how many different types there are?

May 7, 2002
Yea I actually did. I went to petco this weekend because its right next to my house, but they only had one pleco to choose from and it was all by itself and looked inactive/sick, so I didn't buy it. I got midterms and been busy all week, so in a few weeks after my quarter ends I'm going to stop by one of those stores you recommended.

I'm not sure if I'll get the blue phantom though, as you mentioned it cost you $65, which is kind of a lot to spend. I'm a rookie when it comes to fish tanks, and some of my fish have died, so I don't want to spend that much and have it die, you know what i mean? So I'll do some research in the meantime, and when I got it all down, I can spend more on my fish and not worry about them dying.

Nov 7, 2002
One of the more hardy pleco's out there thats is not that expensive is the royal you can find a juvenile for around $27 but you need wood cuz they do chew on it. It a great looking fish plus there are a lot of other exotic pleco's that go for around $30 to $40 bucks if you hit up aquarium concepts on a friday they have 15% of all freshwater fish would save you some cash. But I do know what you mean I have lost two pleco's but not because anything I did but sometimes fish just die and it piss you off cuz you spend so much money on them. But keep looking into which pleco you want and let me know if you need any help with price or what foods or wood you might need for your tank. Here is a pic of the royal again is a good first pleco to look into. This is a baby cuz they get big like 10 to 14 inches.

May 7, 2002
Thanks man! And the Royal pleco looks really cool too. There's something about plecos, they just look so slick and mysterious. I'm definitely going to get some!

Nov 7, 2002
Yea there something about pleco there different then what most people have in there tank looks like some kind of prehistoric fish you either like them a lot or hate them. My brother says there super ugly and look evil but I think there best fish I've bought and dont know why more people dont have them in there freshwater tanks. My biggest thing was I didnt want to get over charge but I had no idea what they were going for but now I know a good price when I see one I had to stop myself until I get a bigger tank. So if you have any question about that just let me know happy to help.