Exotic Fish for 55 Gallon freshwater tank..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
Thats a black moor right how long have you had him? I have one in my tank if you look at the pics but he turn orange for some reason I heard thats because of poor breeding. But he looks like the black is coming back a little bit. One or two juvenile plecos would be fine in your tank. You would need to get a piece of driftwood but it looks like you have the room.

May 7, 2002
You bought yours in black and it turned orange? Thats strange.

Why would I need a peace of driftwood for the plecos? I don't think I would have room for one. If you see my tank up close, its actually pretty congested.

Nov 7, 2002
When I bought my black moor he was very small about 1 inch I've had him for about 5 years now and about 3 years ago he started to turn orange now he almost has no black at all. Driftwood is good for plecos some eat wood but over all driftwood help them digest food so its good to have a small piece in your tank. You might have to take something out of your tank to make it fit.

Nov 7, 2002
Really not sure which one is better I have a whisper 30 - 60 but I was thinking of getting a bio wheel but I dont know which is better to be honest.

Jun 27, 2003
@Chree I'd rather buy a snake online than at a petstore tho, like petco or whatever? Usually them snakes carry mites or might have other diseases u don't know about. Also they don't really care for the snakes that straight, so you'll prolly get a stressed snake that'll be a pain when u first get it. A normal ball python at petco will be like 60-80 dollars, most breeders will let male normals go for 12 dollars to 20 dollars. Plus they usually a lot easier to get started. Check out kingsnake.com they have ads and shit.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
@Chree I'd rather buy a snake online than at a petstore tho, like petco or whatever? Usually them snakes carry mites or might have other diseases u don't know about. Also they don't really care for the snakes that straight, so you'll prolly get a stressed snake that'll be a pain when u first get it. A normal ball python at petco will be like 60-80 dollars, most breeders will let male normals go for 12 dollars to 20 dollars. Plus they usually a lot easier to get started. Check out kingsnake.com they have ads and shit.
Yeah i know lol, petco = a huge no no, sometimes though, u can find a diamond in the rough there, i got a few expensive adult female leopard geckos there for dirt cheap, bred them sold the babies and make 4-5 times the amount i paid for the mother, with 1 baby.

Male normals go for cheap because they are pratically useless in breeding lol.

The only downside to getting from a breeder and having it shipped, is the stress they go through as well, at a point i was buying cornsnakes by 50 lots @ wholesale, and flippin em, and it was a bitch to get some of them to eat because of the stress the trip creates.

Some breeders are shady too, there is far less known diseases they can get, that arent visible, for Example IBD, which affects boids, there is a mutated form of that that affects pythons too, gotta watch for them star gazers, that shit will wipe you out and render your projects useless, just remember to quarentine your new additions in a seperate room, and wash hands between handling....

Apr 25, 2002
Lookin at this thread is wantin me to go get a fishtank. Some nice lookin fishes, Id like to see some snakes pics too....

That blue phantom is sick....

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
yeah, what size tank? and what wattage for the bulb? What kinda corn snake?

heres some of the snakes i bred

EAstern Hognose

Grey Kingsnake

Gopher Snake

Various Corns (Striped, Candy Cane)

Brooksi Kingsnake

Albino Califonia Kingsnake

That fucker was evil, it would bite everytime i held it lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
ah a anery? or a ghost?

You should get a thermostat dimmer thing and set it to 88 on the hot side of the tank
what color bulb did u get?

Nov 7, 2002
CHREE u know of any good places online to order a pleco like the one u got??

any reccomendations?
What State are you in? Because it might be better to see if any Local Fish shops carry the Blue Phantom. But here are two of the best sites to order from if they will ship to you. But it might be cheaper and less stress on the pleco if you find it local.

1.www.riverwonders.com
2.www.exoticfinds.net