Exotic Fish for 55 Gallon freshwater tank..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
No big deal plecos are the only hobby I have just find them interesting for some reason alway cool to spread the word. And yea its cool that you can sell your fish back because they are worth more money the bigger they get cuz its hard for them to ever get larger sizes from whole salers but it also depends on the breed of fish you have. I sold my common pleco to Aquarium concepts he was way to big for my tank when I bought him from walmart almost 5 years ago he was only about 2 inches when I sold him this past friday he was almost 10 inches i didnt get much 10 bucks but i think I only paid 3 bucks for him so I put that 10 buck to use and bought a Blue Phantom which is one tight ass pleco fucking $64 dollor pleco most money I have spent on a fish but it was worth it looks so sick in my tank.

May 7, 2002
Any advice on how to help keep the aquarium clear? I use the gravel vac every 2 weeks and clean the gravel, and change 25% of the water, and clean the filter. But I still get algae growing on the glass of the tank and on the decorations. Glass I can clean, but the algae that grows on the decorations is really hard to clean. Any suggestions on how to prevent algae from growing and keep the water as clear as possible?

PS: I bought those algae stopping solutions, and they don't really help at all.

Nov 27, 2006
im gonna check out the local pet store this weekend and see whats up with the snakes, ive always wanted one but never really got around to getting it. only problem is my apartment doesn't allow ANY pets but its not like a dog that makes noise so i should be ight.

Nov 7, 2002
get it outta contact with sunlight..
If your tank is in a lot of direct sunlight algae will grow 24 hours a day even if its not in direct sunlight and you have the tanks dome light on 24/7 agae will grow all it needs is light and its on. If you get the two pleco's in your tank they will help but you will still have to keep it in check look into maybe getting a hellstream loach they love to eat algae or even some cory cats and most cory cats are small and stay small very slow growing. Cory cats are bottom feeders and there are a lot of different ones like panda, salt n pepper, clown, sterbi, julie and more.

May 10, 2002
Well heres my setup nothing special right now but its up, just decided i would go with a few bala sharks for now and see where i wanna go with it...

May 7, 2002
I agree. Nice pics and great setup. I have to warn you though, I bought those same plants for my tank, and within a few months they start growing this hair like algae around the edge of its leaves and end up looking nasty. You might want to do some research on how to take care of real plants. I stick with plastics now.

Nov 7, 2002
A good piece of driftwood and a pleco or two and you'll be good. Nice set up I want to get a new tank just not enough room right now. This fool would like sick in your tank its a Blue Phantom would look sick with your white gravel.

May 7, 2002
^^^ Damn! I want one! That thing looks sick!

Impalas, you got a pic of your entire aquarium? I see bits of a dragon and a castle. I'm curious to what it looks like.