Dr. Dre Headphones

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2002
I got the solo HD red ones. Paid $200 at best buy. Worth every dollar IMO. Only way you can tell the fake ones is by the sound. There's absolutely no bass on them fake ones. I bought a pair at the flea market for $40 brand new still shrink wrapped. Sounded like crap! Sold those fakes on CL & made my $40 back.

Apr 10, 2006
Cheap beats headphones on ebay are fake. My boy got some and when he compared them to mine (studio's), they did not sound the same at all. Stick with a legit retailer like Best Buy for beats

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I have the Beats Solo HDs and I love em. I would recommend those because they come with 2 audio cords, one of them has the volume control and mic, so you can answer calls with it. They aren't huge, good travel size, and they fold up and also come with a little carrying case.

The regular Solos have heavy bass on songs that don't necessarily need it. I've owned both and would say it's better to pay a little extra for the HDs.

I don't regret my purchase but like others have said, you can find a similar pair for cheaper and at the same quality. My first pair of Beats were the in ear iBeats, they were good quality and cost from $100-120. They have a steel encasing so no sound bleeds out for anyone to hear what your listening to. My only complaint was that the volume control/mic was a weird triangle shape and felt like cheap plastic. The headphones eventually broke and i exchanged those for some Solos, and eventually Solo HD over the ear ones. I still wanted some earbuds so I bought some Skullcandy Titans and the sound quality is the same,if not better than the iBeats. I only paid $17 on their official eBay store too. They don't have a mic/volume control, but there are models that do.

So if you really want to own pair of Beats by Dre, go for it...they're quality headphones, and they got nice design to em. but you can find some just as good for cheaper.

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
I GOT THE SPECIAL EDITION SKULL CANDY DERRICK ROSE 1S ONLINE FROM BEST BUY 50$ I ASKED THE LADY WICH 1S R BETTER THE DR DRE 1S OR SKULL KANDY SHE SAID SKULL KANDY CUZ ALOT OF THE CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DR DRE 1S......THE 1S I GOT R HELLA LO NOT BEAT ALL LOOK.....

Dec 6, 2005
yea but if your spending 300 bucks on sum dre headphones whats gon happen when the second editions come out they gon cost even more because the "consumer" was dumb enough to spend 300 bucks on em that probably cost less then a 100 dollars to make..everything in the world is going up in price while people are making less money den they were before..im just sayin people need 2 spend there money wisely..n 4 da record i aint saying its bad to spend your hard earned money on headphones or whatever it is yall wanna buy cuz thats up 2 yall datz just my 2 cents

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
I GOT THE SPECIAL EDITION SKULL CANDY DERRICK ROSE 1S ONLINE FROM BEST BUY 50$ I ASKED THE LADY WICH 1S R BETTER THE DR DRE 1S OR SKULL KANDY SHE SAID SKULL KANDY CUZ ALOT OF THE CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DR DRE 1S......THE 1S I GOT R HELLA LO NOT BEAT ALL LOOK.....
yea but if your spending 300 bucks on sum dre headphones whats gon happen when the second editions come out they gon cost even more because the "consumer" was dumb enough to spend 300 bucks on em that probably cost less then a 100 dollars to make..
If you combine the grammar from the first post with the economic theory of the second post, you get the Voltron of message board idiocy.

Mar 30, 2011
bought mine (studio's) 100 bucks off. did my research on youtube to spot fakes but didn't really need to cause i got them on base.

bass is great some songs you got to bring down slightly cause either it's too much from some producers or just "Great" with others.

if you get high you can really notice tricks producers do with subliminals even if you don't it just pokes out. in other words you hear things you normally miss out on with normal headphones / earphones.

drums and snares will have your ear's tickling after like 2 songs. it's pretty crazy.

i luv my beats by dre's.

if you don't wanna spend 300 (i personally probably wouldn't want to either) they have at least i think 5 to 6 different ones to choose from: solo's, pro's, 2 kinds of earbuds and studio's.

Feb 1, 2011
Anyone who's not with the beats and says there are better need to post some names and pics. Ive been looking into the skullcandys but theres alotta people saying the construction is flimsy, I suggest folks don't buy hand me downs. Skullcandys ebay store provides you with a "lifetime warranty". I got my eye on the Aviators but word is theres not much bass, while the G.I's have too much bass - the fuck?

Aviators

G.I's