Do you think I have a lawsuit or something?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
prescribing you valium because your own bad judgement led you to not see a board you knew was there this whole damn time/you eating shit because of it = calling you crazy

the vicodin is understandable
but you wouldnt need valium because you twisted your ankle

so basically
your doctor is calling you crazy and saying you need to shut the fuck up and take some drugs that will make you shut the fuck up

thats just MY prognosis though
nothing against you i think thats how your doc feels, if your not on valium regularly i think he/she pinned you as high strung.

and no you dont have a lawsuit the board didnt attack you, the board was just chillin, you were aware of the board before hand and thats your bad for bieng so thirsty for shitty chicken that you couldnt see clearly.

that shit reminds me of ezel (the crackhead) in friday falling in the liquor store isle...

its like, in THEORY you have a lawsuit...

Jun 23, 2003
this thread is hilarious.

Honestly wear the brace. You do not want to ever have knee isues. I had a fully torn ACL and it was the harshest recovery in the world. I was confined to the couch for 7 days and it was the biggest mistake ever. I would rather be handicapped then ever go through any knee issues again.

I doubt they gave you valium, unless you were a wreck in the ER. They should have prescribed Naproxen which is an anti inflamatory, and the vicoden. The shot in the ass was Demoral. They gave me it too. If you ask me it doesnt help much. When you go back to the doctors, tell them the vics dont work good enough and they will throw some other pills at you.

Yes you could sue. take pictures of the scene as well as your injuries and take them to a personel injury lawyer. You have a case if you have evidence. Good luck and get rich!

Jul 10, 2002
It's also the day of technology, so if you are going to sue, you may want to be careful about what you're typing and to whom regarding this issue...

Also, what losses have you sustained due to the pain and suffering, that's what must be determined, because recovering that is what the suit will ultimately be about.

If you talk to a lawyer, they'll either charge you a 1/3rd of what you'll collect (most likely if they think you got a winner) or they'll require a retainer and charge you by the hour, which will rack the fuck up, I'm talkin' bout logging every second of every phone convo, every fax... ect

not trying to deter you, just trying to tell you like it is.... also, is it worth suing now, what it something really happens later, and the defense paints you as 'the boy who cries wolf'

just a little food for thought

Jul 4, 2002
thanks for all the replies.........gas one, i think the emergency doc gave me valium because i was having a back spasm, but i dont know much about valium so i really just trusted the docs judgement...

yeah he prescribed me the anti inflamatory too..

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Holler at a lawyer......aint nobody on the siccness gonna give good advice in this subject matter.

May 6, 2002
BOMBSAC said:
i dunno but i feel like it could be for something, you know....to me it seems like classic text book you fall and get some ends typa shit..but i dont know shit about lawsuits so i may need attorney or something but those fuckers want half! lol......ima call the manager on monday from work........the doctor gave me a note for a week off work, i aint gonna use it tho
You could only seek reimbursement for medical bills unless you can prove further damages such as loss of wages.

A case this size, a lawyer wouldnt take half (no lawyer would take this type of thing on consignment). You would more than likley have to pay the lawyer at his hourly rate, which could greatly outweigh the check from your apartment complex's insurance company.

Just submit your med bills and ask for reimb. If they say no, then file for small claims if you really want to take it to court.

Mar 12, 2005
BOMBSAC said:
i dunno but i feel like it could be for something, you know....to me it seems like classic text book you fall and get some ends typa shit..but i dont know shit about lawsuits so i may need attorney or something but those fuckers want half! lol......ima call the manager on monday from work........the doctor gave me a note for a week off work, i aint gonna use it tho
My mom fucked up her back and knee when a crack in the parking lot made her slip and knocked her out, she only settled with 2 Gs, I was pissed, she could have gotten more, but poor ol mom has other shit to worry about, on top of that she was a Teachers Assistant and a Nurse, and she was getting bank, but the fuckin injury made her quit the Nurse Job, she was getting 6 Gs a month, now she's only making 2500-3000! FUCK FOOD 4 LESS, EVEN THOUGH I LIKE YOUR CHINESE FOOS A CHEAP VARIETIES OF FOOD, FUCK YOU!

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
for sure you could. you just got to be willing to pay the right lawyer, and most likely he will get more then you will. one of my homies bout a year of two ago got like 10 Gs from a similar situation. I think his lawyer got at least double that, but ya know you gotta pay the cost if you wanna win.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
714KaliHydro said:
You could only seek reimbursement for medical bills unless you can prove further damages such as loss of wages.

A case this size, a lawyer wouldnt take half (no lawyer would take this type of thing on consignment). You would more than likley have to pay the lawyer at his hourly rate, which could greatly outweigh the check from your apartment complex's insurance company.

Just submit your med bills and ask for reimb. If they say no, then file for small claims if you really want to take it to court.
I stand corrected......that's pretty good advice

Oct 29, 2006
somehow my foot gets stuck between the board and the concrete and i twist my knee and back while falling, i caught myself and did not actually hit the ground with my knee.....so anyways, i continue on to get my chicken lol, come home, told my husband (he laughs, fucker!) BUT, i fuckin wake up with a muscle spasm in my back and my knee is fucked too...my knee hella feels like it needs to pop but it wont and every time i take a step i have like sharp pain on the top of the knee cap..
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
thats wut happens when u talk shit hoe

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I know im new at all this, but here goes:

If you can prove the company had a duty to remove the board, then you can say that they breached that duty by leaving it there. If the harm that you incurred (twisting your knee) was a foreseeable injury caused by the breach of that duty, then you have a civil action for negligence.

So basically, if you know for a fact that they should have moved that board, and if you can prove that the reason they should have moved the board is because an injury was foreseeable, then you have a case.

You can seek recovery for hospital/medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.

(Also, you can find some kind of law that says a landlord is responsible for cleaning up garbage in order to protect the tenents or something, and if the landlord broke that law you can sue them for negligence per se).

surcaliman said:
u forgetting bout them whitepeople that sue over coffee thats hot...lol
I actually just learned about that. Apparently McDonald's knowing kept their coffee at some insane temperature for no reason whatsoever. After burning like 100 different customers and giving them 3rd degree burns they did nothing whatsoever to lower the temperature of the coffee or fix the cups or give warnings.

The lady that burned herself actually spilled the coffee on her genitals and had some severe fucking 3rd degree burns on her pussy. She only sued for her medical expenses (a few thousand dollars), but the COURTS decided that McDonald's was acting maliciously and negligently by not protecting the customers from a foreseeable cause. They awarded that lady a few million dollars in punitive damages not because she deserved it, but as a deterrent to make McDonald's an other large corporations accountable for their actions.

May 15, 2002
@Thread Starter:

You, ma'am, are a dumbass! Your dumbass story and the way you told it make that quite apparent. You're just seeking reimbursement for your own ignorant mistake and as someone else pointed out, you knew about the piece of wood and therefore YOU have a responsibility to protect youself from any dangers it could have caused. Maybe someone else has a legal responsibility to clean it up, but you have an obligation as an "intelligent" adult to be aware of obvious dangers! If you're mature, smart, and responsible enough to get married, then you should have the sensibility to avoid hazards like this, and if YOU make the mistake of ignoring the dangers, then YOU need to suffer the consequences.

:ermm: