DHB vs Crabtree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

So who is going to be the better receiver/have the biggest impact on their team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 25, 2002
It's like when Alex Smith threw that pick against Chicago. Crabtree didn't have the speed to get to the ball so the DB outran him and then picked it off.
Please WATCH that play again, if you ever even saw it to begin with. The ball was UNDERthrown. What does Crabtree's speed have to do with anything? There were 3 defenders on him and Alex Smith's throw was off-target. If it had been OVERthrown, then speed could have come into play as he might have been able to catch up with the ball. That wasn't the case.

By the way, Jerry Rice was said to have no quickness or speed. He ran a slow 40 and teams thought he was slow as fuck. On film he didn't look blazing fast, either. Tell me, who has scored more TDs than him again?

Look I'm not saying Crabtree is a burner or anything like that, but he isn't nearly as slow as you'd like him to be. His game speed is not below that of the defenders he's been matched up against. His speed doesn't stand out either way, good or bad. If you've watched a Niner game at all this season and seen Isaac Bruce on the field, you'd know what slow looks like. Crabtree does NOT look like that. Sorry.

Apr 25, 2002
Alex Smith is better than Russell, but that's NOTHING to brag about
Agreed. Nobody is saying Alex Smith is GOOD. He still sucks. He just doesn't suck anywhere near as badly as Russell does. I wasn't even taking this year into consideration, but Alex Smith in 3.5 games has shit on Russell's 9 game statistics.

Alex: 808 yards, 6 TDs 6 INTs, 64.8% comp, 79.5 rating
JR: 1067 yards, 2 TDs 9 INTs, 47.1% comp, 47.9 rating

Alex Smith is obviously working with much better receivers at this point, but you have to actually get the ball to them and Russell has shown he can't do that half the time. The man can't even deliver a checkdown pass. He was putting it at their feet. THEY WERE ONLY 5 YARDS AWAY!

Dec 2, 2006
Agreed. Nobody is saying Alex Smith is GOOD. He still sucks. He just doesn't suck anywhere near as badly as Russell does. I wasn't even taking this year into consideration, but Alex Smith in 3.5 games has shit on Russell's 9 game statistics.

Alex: 808 yards, 6 TDs 6 INTs, 64.8% comp, 79.5 rating
JR: 1067 yards, 2 TDs 9 INTs, 47.1% comp, 47.9 rating

Alex Smith is obviously working with much better receivers at this point, but you have to actually get the ball to them and Russell has shown he can't do that half the time. The man can't even deliver a checkdown pass. He was putting it at their feet. THEY WERE ONLY 5 YARDS AWAY!
career stats: Russell Smith

games played: 28 36

Comp/Att 330/639 514/922

Pass Yards 3,860 5,487

Comp. % 51.6% 55.7%

TD/INT 17/21 25/37

Pass RTG 65.5 65.7

Not much of a difference when you look at the fact smith has played in eight more games than Russell.

I am not defending Russell'S poor play. I am simply stating FACT.

Don't act like Smith is running circles around Russell because of this year's play. If he plays average, which I don't see happening, he will have very similiar numbers to Smith if not better by his 36th game, if he makes it that far.

Feb 14, 2004
According to Yahoo, CBS and NFL.com, the stats are right. Either way he's nowhere near as productive as Crabtree. While we're at it, lets look at Harvin and Maclin's stats..

Percy Harvin: 31 catches, 422 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games
Jeremy Maclin: 31 catches, 413 yards and 4 TDs in 9 games
Michael Crabtree: 18 catches, 215 yards and 0 TDs in 4 games

Maclin and Harvin are working with two of the better QBs in the league and are a part of two powerful offenses, Crabtree is working with Alex fuckin Smith and one of the worst offenses in the league. Even with that said, he's still on par with the other two aside from TDs, which has more to do with our crappy QB play and atrocious play-calling than it does with Crabtree's ability to score.

You don't like Crabtree because he is a Niner and you found an excuse to hate while he was holding out. If Maclin or Harvin were on the Niners you'd probably be hating on them too.
Oh yeah of course them WR's have greater numbers than Butler. They're number 1 or 2 receivers. Butler is number 4 receiver. And they are also first round picks. Butler was picked 27th in the 3rd round. You just really want to lable me as a 49er hater. I already told you that I don't hate the 9ers in another thread. So you can get that out of your mind right now. If Maclin or Harvin were 9ers, i wouldn't hate them at all. i just don't like crabtree. what's so hard to understand about that?

Jun 9, 2007
While we're at it, lets look at Harvin and Maclin's stats..

Percy Harvin: 31 catches, 422 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games
Jeremy Maclin: 31 catches, 413 yards and 4 TDs in 9 games
Michael Crabtree: 18 catches, 215 yards and 0 TDs in 4 games

man you can't go and say "let's look at their stats" and then COMPLETELY discount what Harvin's done as a kick returner... that's ridiculous..

29 returns, 889 yards, 30.7 avg, 2 TD's

League leader in average per return and tied for the lead in TD's (only tied because Ginn played with a chip on his shoulder for one game)

Not to mention he's had an impact on other aspects of the offense, having been used in the wildcat and also getting a couple nice end-arounds....

NONE of that can be said about Maclin OR Crabtree

so don't be claiming you're accurately comparing stats when you're leaving out 75% of the stats

Jun 9, 2007
JOHNNY KNOX SHIT'S ON BOTH THESE NIGGAZ AND HE A 5TH RD PICC EVEN THOUGH HE IS SLOWING DOWN A BIT HE IS BETTER THAN BOTH. BUT CUTLER IS ON MY FUCCIN SHIT LIST SO MAYBE KNOX NUMBERS WON'T GET BETTER!!!!!!
Knox is overrated.. he had one nice kick return and a couple nice catches, other than that his returns have just been average and his route running has been erratic (it's not all Cutler's fault).

and yes I've watched every Bears game so far.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
career stats: Russell Smith

games played: 28 36

Comp/Att 330/639 514/922

Pass Yards 3,860 5,487

Comp. % 51.6% 55.7%

TD/INT 17/21 25/37

Pass RTG 65.5 65.7

Not much of a difference when you look at the fact smith has played in eight more games than Russell.

I am not defending Russell'S poor play. I am simply stating FACT.

Don't act like Smith is running circles around Russell because of this year's play. If he plays average, which I don't see happening, he will have very similiar numbers to Smith if not better by his 36th game, if he makes it that far.
LMFAO!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
This is from Chad's conference call:

Q: Thoughts on Russell?

Ochocinco: Man JaMarcus is extremely good. You have to remember a quarterback can only be as good as his supporting cast. Case closed. Always. It will always be that way. Always. You put a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, you take them out of their supporting casts, you take them out of the elements they’re in now, and you put them in JaMarcus’ situation do you think it would be that much better. I’m just asking. Realistically.

Q: Not when you have a different offensive coordinator every year, rookie receivers, I guess probably not.

Ochocinco: Thank you. Thank you. JaMarcus is a great quarterback but he can only be as good as his supporting cast. People have to remember that.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002

By the way, Jerry Rice was said to have no quickness or speed. He ran a slow 40 and teams thought he was slow as fuck. On film he didn't look blazing fast, either. Tell me, who has scored more TDs than him again?
Jerry Rice said it himself, that he didn't run at the combine bro so where did you see Rice run a "SLOW" 40 time? Rice didn't say that.... Rice used to take slant routes to the house. Even John Taylor took a few slant routes to the house. Crabtree has no where near the agility, quickness, and speed that Rice had. So stop with the comparisons....

May 9, 2002
This is from Chad's conference call:

Q: Thoughts on Russell?

Ochocinco: Man JaMarcus is extremely good. You have to remember a quarterback can only be as good as his supporting cast. Case closed. Always. It will always be that way. Always. You put a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, you take them out of their supporting casts, you take them out of the elements they’re in now, and you put them in JaMarcus’ situation do you think it would be that much better. I’m just asking. Realistically.

Q: Not when you have a different offensive coordinator every year, rookie receivers, I guess probably not.

Ochocinco: Thank you. Thank you. JaMarcus is a great quarterback but he can only be as good as his supporting cast. People have to remember that.
SO its the personnel and coaches fault that he cant throw accurately?? Great insight there, Chad. You know damn well if Russell was a Bengal, He would been ran over by the "blame bus" 50 times by now.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
"Man JaMarcus is extremely good. You have to remember a quarterback can only be as good as his supporting cast. Case closed."

Dec 2, 2006
SO its the personnel and coaches fault that he cant throw accurately?? Great insight there, Chad. You know damn well if Russell was a Bengal, He would been ran over by the "blame bus" 50 times by now.
although Russell misses passes it isnt as bad as you think. He has suffered alot of drops this year. Russell misses are magnified because of his draft status and the circus surrounding the raiders. I think russell just doesnt have the mental capacity to thrive at the NFL level. It isnt his physical gifts. Cable should not have pulled him this week.