DHB vs Crabtree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

So who is going to be the better receiver/have the biggest impact on their team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
This is a rivalry that we're going to debate for some time so it deserves it's on thread. Let me be the first to say that Crabtree will have a Reggie Bush type impact in the NFL. He's all superhyped because of the stats he put up in college but once he gets to the NFL it's going to be all bad. He came from a spread offense, the same offense that Alex Smith was in and you see how that turned out, you'd think the 49ers would have learned their lesson but I guess not. Crabtree won't be able to beat press coverage and if he does he won't be going anywhere because he can't seperate. He's going to be getting caught from behind by linebackers.... Our linebacker Thomas Howard is faster than Crabtree! You can't "teach" straight ahead speed period. Crabtree won't be nothing more than a red zone target. Outside of the 20's he won't be/do jack shit! So mark my words and we'll re-visit this thread during the season.

DHB is going to benefit from facing perhaps the best corner in the league in practice and he's going to benefit from playing with a qb that has the strongest arm in the league. DHB's speed alone will draw double teams which means single coverage for Higgins coming out of the slot or single coverage for McFadden vs a linebacker. If you leave DHB in one on one in man coverage, guess what's going to happen? JaMarcus is going to let if fly and let them race to the ball. So all y'all critics and non-believers better recognize!

DHB>Crabtree all day suckaz!

Raiders fo' life!!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^it's not a poll, its Tony trying to contain this "rivalry to come" into one thread.

this thread will see alot of action during the battle of the bay and the '10 regular season

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Only tony will do sum shit like this! it doesn't matter what its about Crabtree, Mike Martz, Gore, Alex Smith, AZ QB playing vs the niners Tonys Always on their nutz!

May 9, 2002
It's a valid point...I think anyway.

It's alot easier to get open when you have 4 receivers running all over the field.
How is it any easier when the defense is in 2-5 packages? Regardless of WHAT people think, you CAN NOT compare the WR and QB position...not even close. A spread WR still has to do one main thing: catch the ball. Crabtree did PLENTY of that in college and was even MORE productive AFTER the catch.

The reason spread QB;s dont translate well is becuase they are in shotgun ALL the time. Adjusting to a 5-step drop is not easy when yuo have been using a 2-step or LESS for 2-4 years in college.

Quit acting all scary, you're the one that created that "Lol @ Raiders" thread now you don't have the balls to put it on the line huh....
What am i supposed to be "putting on the line"? I only made the Raiders thread because Oakland has become the LAUGHING stock of the NFL and just cant do ANYTHING right.

Apr 5, 2003
I don't know how to make one or I would have done it. Good thinkin'... just state your opinion and watch what happens!
I really can't call it right now. I been reading about folks shitting on DHB and bigging up Crabtree but he could turn out to be great while Crabtree turns out to be a bust. You never know. Hell I remember when Peter Warrick got drafted and everyone thought he was gonna be the shit. I don't think I have to tell you how that one ended.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
This is a rivalry that we're going to debate for some time so it deserves it's on thread. Let me be the first to say that Crabtree will have a Reggie Bush type impact in the NFL. He's all superhyped because of the stats he put up in college but once he gets to the NFL it's going to be all bad. He came from a spread offense, the same offense that Alex Smith was in and you see how that turned out, you'd think the 49ers would have learned their lesson but I guess not. Crabtree won't be able to beat press coverage and if he does he won't be going anywhere because he can't seperate. He's going to be getting caught from behind by linebackers.... Our linebacker Thomas Howard is faster than Crabtree! You can't "teach" straight ahead speed period. Crabtree won't be nothing more than a red zone target. Outside of the 20's he won't be/do jack shit! So mark my words and we'll re-visit this thread during the season.

DHB is going to benefit from facing perhaps the best corner in the league in practice and he's going to benefit from playing with a qb that has the strongest arm in the league. DHB's speed alone will draw double teams which means single coverage for Higgins coming out of the slot or single coverage for McFadden vs a linebacker. If you leave DHB in one on one in man coverage, guess what's going to happen? JaMarcus is going to let if fly and let them race to the ball. So all y'all critics and non-believers better recognize!

DHB>Crabtree all day suckaz!

Raiders fo' life!!
having the strongest arm in the league doesn't mean shit when you cant hit your target

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
What am i supposed to be "putting on the line"?
Who you think is going to be the better receiver in the NFL, that's what this thread is all about. State your opinion, come back during the season and watch what happens.

The reason spread QB;s dont translate well is becuase they are in shotgun ALL the time.
Well if they're in shotgun "All" the time that means they're used to getting extra time to throw the ball (hence: Crabtree getting open). That's the difference between a pro style offense and a "spread" offense. So what's going to happen when Crabtree's qb doesn't throw from the shotgun formation since he's used to his qb's throwing from that formation all the time?