DHB vs Crabtree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

So who is going to be the better receiver/have the biggest impact on their team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 25, 2002
Did you see those drops by DHB? He caused an int, this dude doesn't even attempt to catch the ball with his hands...
I'm not saying Russell doesn't have to deal with shitty receivers. What I'm saying is he is inaccurate and makes bad decisions - worse than Smith on both ends - so I don't see how anyone would come to the conclusion that he'd do better than Smith if he were on the Niners. Russell is just bad, period.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I don't know about all that but the receivers that are playing with Smith have better hands. Our receivers are leading the league in drops..... I even heard our rb's were dropping screen passes.

Apr 25, 2002
To say one bust is better or worse than the other at this point is speculative because both have not finished their NFL career. as bad as Russell has been, his QB rating in somewhere in the vicinity of smith's i'm sure. Russell couldnt buy a break with that 30 million yesterday. He did miss some reads and doesnt see the entire field but did make some nice passes that were dropped or called back. they both have been unsuccessful at the NFL level up to this point and both teams would go back and do it over again, well maybe not ole AL, if they could.
All that said, at no time in Alex Smith's career has he looked as bad as JaMarcus Russell has this year, except his rookie season. The difference is this year isn't Russell's rookie season, it's his make-or-break year. Alex has had bad receivers to work with before and still didn't look as bad as Russell. Name one good receiver Alex Smith has EVER had besides Antonio Bryant in 06 (a year in which he looked like he would be a decent QB, even though Bryant only contributed around 700 yards or so). Crabtree looks very promising, but I'm not even talking about this year because Smith has only played a few games.

To say that you can't judge one as better than the other just because they are both busts and both still playing is ridiculous. If you're gonna use that logic, you can't say Adrian Peterson is better than, oh say Michael Turner (fill in any good, active RB), because they're both good and they're both still playing. Peterson has been better than Turner just like Smith has been better than Russell. Just because they both suck doesn't mean one isn't better.

Apr 25, 2002
Oh yea almost forgot about that old fuck that got drafted by the LA Rams LOL Yeah he's good, and Crabtree has talent, and learning from Bruce is good.

I would still rather have Deon Butler, though.
That's because he's on your team. If you had drafted Maclin you'd rather have him. If you had Harvin you'd rather have him. And if you had drafted Crabtree you'd rather have him. Keep it real.

You can keep your 7 catches for 64 yards in NINE GAMES.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't know about all that but the receivers that are playing with Smith have better hands. Our receivers are leading the league in drops..... I even heard our rb's were dropping screen passes.
I'm not even taking Smith's play from THIS YEAR into account because he's only played a few games. I'm talking about years past, when he was working with garbage receivers and still never looked as bad as Russell. You can blame the receivers all you want, but when you watch the guy play he looks lost and constantly throws inaccurate passes and makes piss-poor decisions. Smith isn't a good QB and I'm not trying to say anything of the sort, but he is better than Russell whether you like it or not.

Feb 14, 2004
That's because he's on your team. If you had drafted Maclin you'd rather have him. If you had Harvin you'd rather have him. And if you had drafted Crabtree you'd rather have him. Keep it real.

You can keep your 7 catches for 64 yards in NINE GAMES.
you're right, if we did get maclin or harvin i'd rather keep them. but glad we didn't get crabtree.

Apr 25, 2002
Those stats are wrong, but you're right, if we did get maclin or harvin i'd rather keep them. but glad we didn't get crabtree.
According to Yahoo, CBS and NFL.com, the stats are right. Either way he's nowhere near as productive as Crabtree. While we're at it, lets look at Harvin and Maclin's stats..

Percy Harvin: 31 catches, 422 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games
Jeremy Maclin: 31 catches, 413 yards and 4 TDs in 9 games
Michael Crabtree: 18 catches, 215 yards and 0 TDs in 4 games

Maclin and Harvin are working with two of the better QBs in the league and are a part of two powerful offenses, Crabtree is working with Alex fuckin Smith and one of the worst offenses in the league. Even with that said, he's still on par with the other two aside from TDs, which has more to do with our crappy QB play and atrocious play-calling than it does with Crabtree's ability to score.

You don't like Crabtree because he is a Niner and you found an excuse to hate while he was holding out. If Maclin or Harvin were on the Niners you'd probably be hating on them too.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
but he is better than Russell whether you like it or not.
He is not better than Russell. Alex Smith is a harder worker than Russell and keeps himself shape but I'd still pick Russell over Smith. It's all opinion. As long as Russell won't have a season to where he threw 1 TD pass vs 11 INT's, Russell will still be better in my opinion.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Crabtree's inability to score probably has something to do with his speed or lackthere of... He catches the ball well but he has no quickness/speed. He doesn't separate like Harvin does.

Apr 25, 2002
Crabtree's inability to score probably has something to do with his speed or lackthere of... He catches the ball well but he has no quickness/speed. He doesn't separate like Harvin does.
Thanks for proving you don't watch the games. IF YOU WATCH, you'll notice Crabtree creates separation on almost every route he runs. You ASSUME he doesn't have any speed because he didn't run at the combine. He doesn't look slow at all on the field so get off the speed tip already.

By the way, how many TDs does that burner DHB have? Speed is not always what creates separation. Even Isaac Bruce's old ass gets open downfield and he's SLOW AS FUCK.

Harvin has a better QB and a much better surrounding cast, not to mention he's played more than twice as many games as Crabtree.

Apr 25, 2002
He is not better than Russell. Alex Smith is a harder worker than Russell and keeps himself shape but I'd still pick Russell over Smith. It's all opinion. As long as Russell won't have a season to where he threw 1 TD pass vs 11 INT's, Russell will still be better in my opinion.
I'm not trying to insult you with what I'm about to say, but it is what it is..

You are JaMarcus Russell's biggest dickrider in here. You lobbied to draft him and you find every excuse possible for his whack play. Of course Smith isn't better IN YOUR EYES. You're not saying anything we didn't already know.

By the way, during Alex Smith's rookie season he had a QB rating of 40.8. JaMarcus Russell this year has a whopping 47.1 IN HIS THIRD YEAR. A shitty rookie campaign is excusable, a shitty 3rd year means you're a SHITTY QB.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I watch the games homie.... Crabtree can catch and run routes but he's slow. And it's not because he didn't run at the combine... as soon as he catches the ball he gets tackled. He gets no separation after the catch (you know how like receivers separate after they burn Clements). He gets good body position but not separation.

DHB won't get any TD's if continues to try to catch with his chest.

Harvin is better than both. Harvin is the combination of Crabree and Heyward-Bey. Looks like we should have taken Harvin.

Apr 25, 2002
I watch the games homie.... Crabtree can catch and run routes but he's slow.
Slow compared to WHO? He isn't slow compared to the defenders he's been matched up with.

Tony said:
And it's not because he didn't run at the combine... as soon as he catches the ball he gets tackled.
That's because Alex Smith only gets him the ball on slants and comebacks. The slant runs him directly into the safeties and speed has nothing to do with him being caught. On a comeback, the CB is generally right there to make the tackle. You should know this already.

Tony said:
(you know how like receivers separate after they burn Clements).
Oh, you mean the one time Roddy White did it? You always try to make an argument using one example, but you say things to make it seem like it happens all the time. Like how you claimed Ahmed Plummer was garbage cuz he got burned in ONE GAME.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's like when Alex Smith threw that pick against Chicago. Crabtree didn't have the speed to get to the ball so the DB outran him and then picked it off. Crabtree is a good "posession" receiver. I'll give it to Crabtree because he uses his hands well and runs good routes but he's slow as a mf. He has no quickness or speed.

Feb 5, 2006
LOL AT FOLKS TRYNA SAY ALEX SMITH IS EQUAL OR WEAKER THEN RUSSEL. RUSSEL MIGHT GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE WORST AND MOST OVERPAID QB'S EVER. I GUESS RAIDER FANS GOTTA THINK OF SUMTHIN TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER