Champ Bailey

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Champ is real deceptive on tv. you think he gets beat alot more then he does becuase he is always around the ball. of his 10 picks last year, 9 were in the redzone, an atleast half of those were in the endzone

Champ is one of the best cbs of all time.

last year against KC in the first game, Champ had 6 solo tackles of Larry Johnson......... just one of those tackles woulda retired Deion

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I do not believe that stat.There is no way,in a 16 game season he gave up only 4 catches.They either spoke wrong,or just flat out lied.Impossible.If that's true(and it may be),that is the single greatest defensive season in NFL history.

Sep 10, 2002
Deion is the best COVER corner. Rod Woodson best DB period. I'm still wonderin why aint my boy Derrick Thomas get elected to the hall of fame? He didnt play on super bowl teams but name a player who created more havoc on the field. Even John Elway said DT was the one player he did not wanna see across the line. Oh yeah, Eddie Kennison has done a solid job against Champ over the years when they throw him the ball.

Apr 25, 2002
Bammer the film guru Jaworski said it

an yea Rod woodson was the shit at cb, he woulda done ever better had it not been for Barry Sanders

785KS lol this is kinda funny, I liked Derrick Thomas alot. even though I hate his team, he could easy go to the hall of fame....look back into the early 90's football cards of Thomas, almost every picture has him killin Elway

Mar 12, 2005
People feed into the media rations too much LOL @ Deion being best corner or defensive back. There's a few people I'd put ahead of him, but to save face I'll leave it up to those that know whom I speak of. When it's all said and done, if Champ keeps up what he's been doing when healthy, no doubt top 5 DB or at least top 5 CB of all time. Alot of people say Imagine Deion on TO, LOL TO would hurt Deion LOL.

Apr 25, 2002
what part do you want explianed? is it how Barry Sanders ended Rod's Career at cornerback? Rod tried to tackle Barry in the open feild, Barry juked him, Rod reacted, blew his knee out......... move to saftey came next for Rod, no more cornerback

Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:
I do not believe that stat.There is no way,in a 16 game season he gave up only 4 catches.
They only threw towards him 31 times. He had 10 picks. that means 17 were either batted, dropped or misfired. Only 4 were caught. It's an amazing stat, but it's not hard to believe considering Champ rarely gets beat.

And LOL @ people trying to name receivers who have beaten him before. Who gives a fuck? Every CB gives up something every now and then. They all have bad games, but last year it doesn't look like Champ had any bad games at all. Nobody cares if Jerry Porter or Eddie Kennison beat him 2 or 3 years ago.

May 2, 2002
Is this an official stat? And where did it come from?

Is this just Jaws saying this? Cause if so…I have hard time believing that he sat there and watched every single snap against the Broncos. And I would imagine that allowing only 4 catches all year would have received a little more attention.

He would have easily won defensive player of the year if this was true.

Looking at a few of the game stats...the top 2 receivers had at least 2 catches...none of these were on Champ?

May 9, 2002
gimpypimp said:

Is this just Jaws saying this? Cause if so…I have hard time believing that he sat there and watched every single snap against the Broncos. And I would imagine that allowing only 4 catches all year would have received a little more attention.

Looking at a few of the game stats...the top 2 receivers had at least 2 catches...none of these were on Champ?
Every stat imaginable is recorded in a given year of any sport...even the most "irrelevent" ones. To think Jaws sat there and counted is stupid to even entertain.

Do CB's usually win DPY awards?

May 2, 2002
I Fucked Your Mom said:
Every stat imaginable is recorded in a given year of any sport...even the most "irrelevent" ones. To think Jaws sat there and counted is stupid to even entertain.
That doesn't answer my question...is this a true stat?

If Jaws didn't sit there and count...how does he know what he said is even true? Who sat there and recorded every throw in Champ's direction? Was this a league official...or the freakin' waterboy?

How accurate is 4 completions for a whole season?

If a CB only allowed 4 completions for an entire season...he would have...or should have won DPY. Not only that...but this would have been all over ESPfuckinN...hyping him up even more and comparing him to Sanders.

Aug 8, 2004
gimpypimp said:

http://www.nfl.com/players/champbailey/profile?id=BAI582194

http://www.nfl.com/players/champbailey/situationalstats?id=BAI582194

I couldnt find the actual stat to show how many receptions were made against him in 2006 season, but those links show pretty much everything else he did that year.

But I can say for sure that Jaws did throw that stat out there the other nite. whether he's right or wrong I cant say for sure, but I'd tend to believe him considering he knows his shit.

Regardless tho, peep the stats. he had an outstanding season and cant be denied the fact that he's a savage and one of the best playing the game right now.

Aug 8, 2004
gimpypimp said:
If Jaws didn't sit there and count...how does he know what he said is even true? Who sat there and recorded every throw in Champ's direction? Was this a league official...or the freakin' waterboy?

of course all stats are tracked bro. every possible stat you can imagine is tracked every single game.

Havent you ever watched Sports Center or heard an announcer throw out the most random stat and think to yourself "How the fuck did they know that". there is a huge database that all stats are entered in to that goes back to when football officaly began keeping stats.

http://www.databasefootball.com/

here's just an example of what Im talkin about. This particular site gives you league standings all the way back to 1920, and begins giving you breakdowns in 1930.

May 2, 2002
I'm not saying he isn't a good corner...I'm just questioning how accurate those stats are.

If every stat is recorded...where are the stats for passes thrown on him and completions made? And who records it?

Jaws got that info from somewhere...so where is it?