Champ Bailey

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
While watching the exhibition opener last night, Smith threw to Darrell Jackson and completed the pass for 18 yards. The announcers made a huge deal of it because Alex made the decision to throw towards Champ (and not many QBs try that). Then they went on to say that Champ allowed only 4 catches last season. FOUR CATCHES. I knew Champ was the shit and he was clearly the best CB in the league (and has been), but I didn't think he shut receivers down that bad. I think they said he was thrown at 30-something times (low 30s).. They caught four, he intercepted 10 and the rest were incompleted.

So Tony, do you still have doubts about Champ being the best CB in the NFL? That shit is pretty convincing dog.

Mar 16, 2005
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
While watching the exhibition opener last night, Smith threw to Darrell Jackson and completed the pass for 18 yards. The announcers made a huge deal of it because Alex made the decision to throw towards Champ (and not many QBs try that). Then they went on to say that Champ allowed only 4 catches last season. FOUR CATCHES. I knew Champ was the shit and he was clearly the best CB in the league (and has been), but I didn't think he shut receivers down that bad. I think they said he was thrown at 30-something times (low 30s).. They caught four, he intercepted 10 and the rest were incompleted.

So Tony, do you still have doubts about Champ being the best CB in the NFL? That shit is pretty convincing dog.
I even liked the interview later in the game...she asked him what can he improve on..he was like well they caught what 4 or 5 balls on me last year..so there's room for improvement....lol

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
as far as cornerbacks are concerned, there's no doubt bailey is in a class of his own...

a few like samuel, newman, clements, mathis, and mcalister are close...
but none of them shut down their side of the field like bailey do.

and tony, what are your doubts about champ bailey? is it him lining up as a wide receiver or punt returner? i don't think there's much doubt concerning champ bailey...

May 9, 2002
When they said he was only thrown at 31 times, I almost shit my pants. Thats unreal. Basically, opposing QB's only threw Champs direction TWICE a game....TWICE. And remember, he is covering the number 1 recievers....

WOWZERS.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I, for one, cannot stand Champ Bailey...and I'll always remember that game in Denver when Jerry Porter lit him up...(have to savor them whenever I can...)

But...there's no doubt he's the top CB in the league. Absolutely incredible talent.

Apr 7, 2007
ILLER THAN ILL said:
that is pretty crazy.

plus, i also think champ bailey was a better tackler and offered more run support than deion sanders.
oh yea champ is by far a better tackler and does add more run support deion was all bout the pick

Aug 8, 2004
I was thinking the same exact thing when I heard em say that last nite. Thats an amazing stat. talk about shuttin muthafuckas down.

but that throw from Smith to Jackson was nice. perfect placement and a nice catch.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Please dont bring Deion in to this discussion!! Bailey may be the best corner now, but Deion is the best CB ever!! Got Em!!

Mar 16, 2005
CZAR said:
Please dont bring Deion in to this discussion!! Bailey may be the best corner now, but Deion is the best CB ever!! Got Em!!

riight deion couldn't nor wouldn't tackle nearly half as good as Champ

The only thing deion was better at is yapping his mouth!

Apr 7, 2007
thascary1 said:
riight deion couldn't nor wouldn't tackle nearly half as good as Champ

The only thing deion was better at is yapping his mouth!
yea he wasnt a complete corner you gotta want to tackle and add run support when needed not juss pick off passes thats why champ is better