Champ Bailey

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
For the 49ers, two possessions were all Alex Smith & Co. were allowed to play.

In the short amount of time Smith did look great, finding Darrell Jackson with a nice ball in front of Champ Bailey and hooking up with Arnaz Battle for a 26-yard completion to the 1-yard line.

Both throws were impressive. Bailey had only four passes completed against him all last year according to ESPN, and Smith showed great accuracy to Battle, putting the ball where only he could catch it.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/08/49ers-preseason-blues160807.html

Looks like it's ESPN's stat.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
no hall of fame cb was ever perfect but champ is in that class of those that were as close to perfect as possible. matter of fact its pretty much him and deion in that class by themselves. am i missing anyone? i dont think so. not saying there werent other greats but those 2 are already pretty much the all time greatest corners. deion defined the term shutdown corner and champ is carrying the torch.

May 2, 2002
lol...my mind is not yet eased!

That isn’t more official...they're just saying that “according to ESPN”. Well…if Jaws said that on the air…and he works for ESPN…..it’s the same thing. If it was an official stat they wouldn’t say “according to ESPN”.

Like I said…if it’s true…then so be it. I would just like to see something a little more concrete than a blurb from ESPN.

Apr 25, 2002
JP $CRILLA said:
THANK YOU BRO!!! I spent so much fuckin time yesterday trying to find an official stat to show gimp....
Why?

I don't think anyone cares of gimpy believes it or not. He seems to think it's a conspiracy to make Champ Bailey look better than he is. Oh well, it makes no difference to me if he doubts the stat or not. I just happened to be reading that article and I saw that it was ESPN's stat and I recalled him saying this:

gimpypimp said:
this would have been all over ESPfuckinN...
So I went ahead and pointed out that it was in fact ESPN's stat. He also wanted to know where Jaws got the stat:

gimpypimp said:
Jaws got that info from somewhere...so where is it?
Now the only thing he has to back his doubts is the question of why Champ was not the Defensive Player of the Year last year. I don't care to explain, so I won't. I'll let him keep his doubts.

May 9, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Why?

I don't think anyone cares of gimpy believes it or not. He seems to think it's a conspiracy to make Champ Bailey look better than he is. Oh well, it makes no difference to me if he doubts the stat or not. I just happened to be reading that article and I saw that it was ESPN's stat and I recalled him saying this:

So I went ahead and pointed out that it was in fact ESPN's stat. He also wanted to know where Jaws got the stat:

Now the only thing he has to back his doubts is the question of why Champ was not the Defensive Player of the Year last year. I don't care to explain, so I won't. I'll let him keep his doubts.
Owned.

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Why?

I don't think it's a conspiracy...I just don't believe it to be true.

I have already said twice that if it's true...then so be it. I...personally...would just like to see something official.

FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
What I meant was that it would have been big news...and ESPN reports big news about 1000 times a day. I don't recall even hearing anything about this until now.

I still have yet to know who recorded this stat. Nobody has provided that info. If it is an ESPN stat...who at ESPN watched every single snap and logged the info...either way...I wouldn't trust it.

Jaws spewing a couple of stats is not official...and ESPN isn't official. They continually report misinformation and rumors.

FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I could care less about the DPY award, that doesn't mean anything.

All I ever asked for was an official stat. That would resove all doubt. But of course, nobody has provided that.

lol...thanks for letting me keep my doubts...shit...I don't know how I'm gonna keep on living.....

May 2, 2002
lol…why is ESPN not official? Hmmmm…do you really have to ask moron?

I SO got owned? Wah Wah? Jesus Christ…grow up you little school girl.

Look…bottom line is you aren’t a Denver fan…none of you are (except Scary). You don’t watch all the Denver games…you don’t watch every play…yet you are ready to say he’s the best ever?

Not to mention you don’t watch every play of any other CB either, and you haven’t watched all the CB’s throughout history.

But you guys are all right…he’s the best in the game…shit…probably the best ever.

So knowing you don’t watch every play of every CB in the game…what do you base this “fact” on? Ohhh that’s right…silly me! Cause ESPN said so!

Aug 8, 2004
I never said I thought he was the best ever. All I did was confirm what was said on tv the other nite, and you insisted on being a prick about asking for evidence when it was posted several different times. each time saying it wasnt good enough for you to believe. then when somebody did show you evidence that you yourself asked for, you came up wit another excuse as to why you wont believe it.

And as far as your comments about watching every play from him and every other corner in the league. and unless you do you cant say he's the best ever. get real homie. That's the stupidest fuckin thing I've ever heard. What if I were to say Alex Smith was the best quarterback ever? could you say he wasnt because you havent watched every play of his? obviously not. so from now on you cant say anybody in the league is better then somebody else, unless you sit down and watch there entire careers on film, then it would be ok??? fuckin senseless comment.

May 2, 2002
JP $CRILLA said:
I never said I thought he was the best ever. All I did was confirm what was said on tv the other nite, and you insisted on being a prick about asking for evidence when it was posted several different times. each time saying it wasnt good enough for you to believe. then when somebody did show you evidence that you yourself asked for, you came up wit another excuse as to why you wont believe it.

And as far as your comments about watching every play from him and every other corner in the league. and unless you do you cant say he's the best ever. get real homie. That's the stupidest fuckin thing I've ever heard. What if I were to say Alex Smith was the best quarterback ever? could you say he wasnt because you havent watched every play of his? obviously not. so from now on you cant say anybody in the league is better then somebody else, unless you sit down and watch there entire careers on film, then it would be ok??? fuckin senseless comment.
So I’m a prick cause I wanted an official stat? What would I be if I said I wanted to fuck your girlfriend? I’m sorry for asking for proof…what a prick I am.

I asked for an official stat. That was not posted several times. An article saying “according to ESPN”…which referred to something Jaws said on TV is not an official stat posted several times. I have made no excuses…I’ve said the same thing over and over again. Show me something concrete…from the league…and I’ll believe it.

How about this…show me something on the ESPN site where they have these stats. If ESPN has tracked this…it should be on there somewhere. I see just about everything else…but I can’t seem to find these. Show me something in writing from ESPN. Not just…Jaws said this on TV. If true…4 completions is an amazing number…they have to have some articles on this.

I really don’t think I’m asking for much. Then again…I’m in the legal field…I just don’t believe everything someone says.

As for the rest of your post…people can say whatever they want. It’s all opinion.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
you don’t watch every play…yet you are ready to say he’s the best ever?

Not to mention you don’t watch every play of any other CB either, and you haven’t watched all the CB’s throughout history.

But you guys are all right…he’s the best in the game…shit…probably the best ever.

So knowing you don’t watch every play of every CB in the game…what do you base this “fact” on? Ohhh that’s right…silly me! Cause ESPN said so!
Nobody ever watches every play of ANY player's career. So that arguement can be made about any CB in the history of the game. Who would you consider to be the greatest CB of all time? Whoever it is, YOU DIDN'T WATCH EVERY SINGLE PLAY OF THAT MAN'S CAREER EITHER. So why are you bitching about people considering Champ the best in the game and possibly of all time?

Champ is a shutdown cornerback. He rarely gives up a catch. He has a nose for the ball. He tackles very well. What else do you need to know?

I don't base anything on ESPN. I don't even watch ESPN unless there's a game on and I rarely read any articles written by an ESPN writer.

The fact is, they have people keeping stats like this. It's probably not one guy that watches every play of every game. Ask the dude on here who majors in statistics.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I really don’t think I’m asking for much.
You're asking for more than you should be. If you want an official stat go find it your damn self. Email ESPN and bitch to them that you wanna see an official stat. Until then you can keep doubting it all you want. I don't see why anyone is trying to prove this shit to you anyway.

May 2, 2002
lol...more than I should be...that's funny.

Sorry…I don’t go and believe something just cause someone said it on TV.

It doesn’t mean a whole lot to me one way or another…it definitely isn’t important enough for me to send an email to ESPN. Not like they would write back anyway.

Reason I even responded to this was because this was the first time I even heard about it. I saw you and everyone else in awe of this and was wondering if it was even true. I’ve seen no stat, haven’t seen an article about it, haven’t heard it on sports radio…and haven’t seen it on ESPN (the place that supposedly has recorded this stat)…or any other sports station. So I questioned it.

How crazy is that…questioning something. Maybe to you and everyone else, that is asking for too much…not to me. What a prick, bitching, senseless person I am…unbelieveable!