@C.O.L.A.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
@ Cranky
Here you go Pimpstick...
"I WRITE with a heavy hand, this pen is like a cannon, crushin' the rhymes of an average man/
compositions fuck up your senses, I prey on the weak and defenseless, with verses so wack and senseless/
wherever I spit it, that's where murder visits, I hit the fences, after only one sentence, cuz I know I'm SINNIN'
SHOOT THESEwords through your denim and let you die from the venom/
I get in em it ain't no INTERUM I'm a sav with these synonyms/
keep your woofiin' to a minimum cuz you're sweeter than cinnamon/
You ain't know you best ta peep the acronym I be killin' em/
Tired of suckaz gettin' touchy when I say I'm not feelin' em/
Honest Criticism is all that I'm given, never on the mic am I slippin'/My NIKES' stay in position, you niggaz need track supervision/
The skills is causin' you tension. MONKEY WRENCHIN THEM rhymes you be scriptin'/
VENTIN' verbally I'm a thoroughly, serve you suckaz deservedly/
show no courtesy, just honesty, for the policy no apologies/
and your phony ass CD shoulda been a freebie/
take it from me I CRITICIZE CRITICALLY...
Those are the correct lyrics....

Apr 25, 2002
good thinkin cranky

@Notes

could you help patch up these blanks in this verse of yours...

"i be pushin up in big blocks, emerald city big shots, gettin big knots on tha spot makin big drops, flossed out smokin one hitter quiter, had tha studio smellin like dosia and swishas, makin moves in tha morning, got me out at first light, pop my colla, make sure my boots is laced up tight, no pain no game, im still remaining tha same, im out for feddy not fame, ice skatin tha game, this tha m-o-b, act like you know, cause im a hustler baaby, hustlas never go broke, certified, trunk tight about my dividenz, everybody chasin ends, money makes tha world spin, pushin peruvian and we movin in, stickin and movin as we do you in, and we gone up in tha wind, bitch we came to spin, big like ....? bendin corners, in a ............? im endless"

...aint knowin how to spell peruvian, but aint it tha shit prisoners make in prison

Apr 25, 2002
C.O.L.A.: Many thanks for the lyric corrections. That shit is way too tight. One of the sickest verses I've heard in a minute......

Notes

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Re: good thinkin cranky

Devilish Scheme said:
@Notes

could you help patch up these blanks in this verse of yours...

"i be pushin up in big blocks, emerald city big shots, gettin big knots on tha spot makin big drops, flossed out smokin one hitter quiter, had tha studio smellin like dosia and swishas, makin moves in tha morning, got me out at first light, pop my colla, make sure my boots is laced up tight, no pain no game, im still remaining tha same, im out for feddy not fame, ice skatin tha game, this tha m-o-b, act like you know, cause im a hustler baaby, hustlas never go broke, certified, trunk tight about my dividenz, everybody chasin ends, money makes tha world spin, pushin peruvian and we movin in, stickin and movin as we do you in, and we gone up in tha wind, bitch we came to spin, big like ....? bendin corners, in a ............? im endless"

...aint knowin how to spell peruvian, but aint it tha shit prisoners make in prison
You pretty much got it all....pushin peruvian as we movin in, stickin and movin as we do you in, then we gone up in the wind, bitch we came to spend, big like Ben, bendin corners in a coke white burbon on twens (twentys).....Peruvian as in A-1 or peruvian flake aka cocaine....yeah those lyrics are off the song "Endless" from Oxagin's album....holla

Jan 2, 2003
@@@Notes

You from tha bay homie? i thought someone said dat. what part? how long you been livin in the Pacific NW for? what are your influences when you rap?

@@@C.O.L.A

How would you describe your style? you have a west coast sound but your lyrics are way tighter than the average west coaster.

May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
nwhiphop said:
@@@C.O.L.A
How would you describe your style? you have a west coast sound but your lyrics are way tighter than the average west coaster.

Thanx for the compliment...But I dont Think Im tighter than the average west coaster tho...I mean look at the cats in my own region...Cool Nutz, 151, Crytical, Syko, Y.V. Birdie, Skunt
Notes, Twin G, Self Tightl'd, BD, Gangast Nut etc.... etc..... it could go on forever... sometimes i think people just dont listen real hard to Westcoast lyrics because of stereo-types.... you feel????????As for my style H.P.Ls is the style....I just try to let it be known that I can spit however..Fast/Slow & agressive/relaxed..I try to ride the beat as much as possible....And i guess i tend to rhyme on the odd bars alot... What about you Mac Notes????

Any more ???? feel free to ask Im in a Lovely Mood Today!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
C.O.L.A. said:
As for my style H.P.Ls is the style....I just try to let it be known that I can spit however..Fast/Slow & agressive/relaxed..I try to ride the beat as much as possible....
you be ridin beats so dope, you and Notes straight devour em....

@Dividenz

are ither of you gonna get into producing? or just stick with rappin

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^i was just listening to that cut like 15 minutes ago.....and dare i say it's......"WAY SICK!" :)

Notes

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
nwhiphop said:
@@@Notes

You from tha bay homie? i thought someone said dat. what part? how long you been livin in the Pacific NW for? what are your influences when you rap?
Yep. I'm from the Bay all day and night. I'm from Mountain View, back when it was the 415. It's a city that's north of San Jose and south of Palo Alto. I got into some trouble in 97 and bounced up here then. I've been here ever since..My influence when I rap is everything going on around me. Shits kinda drastic for me right now so lately I've had a lot to speak on.....

@Devilish Scheme
I'm not really into producing. I've tried to make a beat a few times and it's just not for me. We just gonna concentrate on blessing the mic for right now...

@Cranky
Fa sho! Wanz is tight. We already got a track I wanna get him on. We will definetly be working with him in the future....

Jan 13, 2003
What the history behind Dividenz. When did you guys meet, do your first song together. I've been there since day one, but I figured some of these guys would like to know how it all started, and how you got to where your at now? Cause I know some of the bullshit you went through, and i'm sure these guy would like to hear about some of the dues you guys had to pay along the way to the highly anticipated release. :classic:

Jan 13, 2003
History of Dividenz....according to danadane

I'll give you a little history on Dividenz. At least what I remember (too much cronic, then and now). Me and COLA worked together a long time ago. One day Kazy D came into the store. I had no idea who he was at the time, but cola knew exactly who he was. He told me "Dog, I should go and freestyle for him", I told him to do it. But my man was a little nervous(no offense pimpin'). So I went over to Kazy and said my boy wanted to freestyle for him. Needless to say Cola went off for a good one, and he blew Kazys' socks off. Cola went to the studio with Kazy and got on a few tracks if I remeber correctly. He met the twinz (emerald city records) through Kazy D. He was persuaded to go to Emerald City as a solo artist, but they decided to put him in a group. They called it Dividenz. The members were On-One, Notes, and Cola. They came out with some tracks like "Drunkin' Savages" and other heaters under the supervision of then label mate T-M.A.C.N.
But soon after that T-MACN left the label due to irreconcilable differances (AKA none of my buisiness). So the label consisted of Dividenz and Oxagin. The next two years were kind of rough. People were out of jobs trying to hustle, studio time was rare and often not used wisely by some other label mates, and dividenz member On-One dropped out of the group for personal reasons. Things were still moving though, thanx to homies with heater beats like Jeff Coast and J1 hooking them up. Dividenz was put on the back burner because of the Oxagin album. People underestimasted their skills, and figured since on one left, the group was over.
The oxagin album was released and everyone was excited. There was one problem, egos. I hate to put it like this but Oxagins members thought they were famous and didn't understand the amount of work that had to be put in. They thought it would just come to them. Oxagin had a tuff time selling CD's (considering Me, Notes, and Cola were the only ones selling it). People started to lose confidence that they could do this.
Dividenz kept making track and kept trying to do the best they could even though their own label had a problem supporting them, considering that the Oxagin album flopped before the start gun fired.
One night in the summer ( I forget when, again too much sticky), Oxagin member Sly had a HUGE party at his curb. 300 people and 60% bitches. There was a freestyle circle that had formed and Notes and COLA were in rare form, metaphors, punchlines, flows for DAYZ. This pasty white dude......lol, named D-sane came in the circle and was obviously taken back. He'd say "what about bitches" Notes would go off, then D would say "what about shady mafuckers", Cola would go off.
After that D-Sane was interested in dividenz. I remeber asking him why he took it upon himself to "help" these guys with their album. He said, " They are too tight, and there cool. I feel a connection with their music and I WILL NOT LET THEM FAIL".
True to his promises he took them into the studio with him. Now they had a in house studio and a tight ass in house producer. There was one major problem though. I'll explain as best I can, but I don't know the technicals. Basically, the engineer at the old sudio they were at didn't label sounds, tones, instrements, voices. So their data cd was a easter egg hunt. D-Sane volunteered to sraighten the info and fix what he couldn't find. This saved Dividenzs' CD and all the heaters they had done.
Since then they have done numorous shows, including USC 6, Taps and tabs, and the rox (Everyone who was there remembers that night) just to name a few. Now their album is finnally ready to go, thanx to D-Sane and the people who always belived in these motherfuckers.

I don't want to seem like a know it all but, I feel like I know just as well as anyone.
@ COLA & NOTES, elaborate on the thing I forgot.

Apr 25, 2002
Damn, that is a fuckin' tight background bio of Dividenz. That was good reading mayne. Thanks for typing that out pimpin'......