bay are rap segregation (if you can't beat the black man destroy him):

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2004
I clearly see a racial divide between white artists and black artists within the bay area rap scene.

You constantly see white artist who used black artist/groups separate themselves after gaining a small level of success. Then build a completely white team for themselves consisting of white managers, white distributors (because there are only white owned distribution companies), white video directors, white graphic artists, white street teams, white concert promoters and who follows...them white fans who first heard them on black projects.

It is simple. SoundData states that "roughly 75% of rap records are owned by white teen-agers," and "45 million hip-hop consumers between the ages of 13 and 34, 80 percent of whom are white."

So if a white artist can use black artists to break in (street cred.) and then abandon the black artist once they are solidified then they can own the market share.

This gives white rap buyers someone like themselves to hero worship. They will relate more to a white artist then a black artist. It is “Riding the Herd Mentality”.

This is causing a Jim Crow type of mentality within bay area rap music. You have a race divide. The sheep follow the leader in the heard, no matter if the leader is leading them onto the correct path or damnation.

"Jim Crow laws mandated the segregation of public schools, public places and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms, restaurants and drinking fountains for whites and blacks. The U.S. military was also segregated, as were federal workplaces, initiated in 1913 under President Woodrow Wilson, the first Southern president elected since 1856. His administration practiced overt racial discrimination in hiring, requiring candidates to submit photos".

I like the fact that we see more and more latino and blacks working together in the bay area, and building powerful empires together. I just hope that they strong enough in their intellect to not be goated into the trap of segregation amongst themselves. No who you are and no the hidden agenda. If you open your 3rd eye you will see the plan if the game plan is laid before you. Do not fall into the game of checkers, masterfully play them in a game of chess.

Strength is in unity, togetherness, orginization and self worth. White, black, brown, yellow, red must all be one force to transend the boundaries set forth by the industry. One nation alone cannot break down the wall.

Jul 22, 2003
Who is a white rapper from the bay that is successful?

G-Easy and Berner?

I don't know anything about either ones network of people they work with but it seems to me that Berner at least did that comp and does features with people that blatantly helped him get where he is. I might be wrong because I don't know exactly but that's what it seems like to me.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Every rapper just needs to drop the cool guy attitude when he's not on the mic and people would get along a whole lot better

I'm A big md fan but when he told that little story about how he beat up an engineer for not allowing him to smoke in the studio...that's the type of stuff that makes people cautious about working with u

May 16, 2002
I clearly see a racial divide between white artists and black artists within the bay area rap scene.

You constantly see white artist who used black artist/groups separate themselves after gaining a small level of success. Then build a completely white team for themselves consisting of white managers, white distributors (because there are only white owned distribution companies), white video directors, white graphic artists, white street teams, white concert promoters and who follows...them white fans who first heard them on black projects.

It is simple. SoundData states that "roughly 75% of rap records are owned by white teen-agers," and "45 million hip-hop consumers between the ages of 13 and 34, 80 percent of whom are white."

So if a white artist can use black artists to break in (street cred.) and then abandon the black artist once they are solidified then they can own the market share.

This gives white rap buyers someone like themselves to hero worship. They will relate more to a white artist then a black artist. It is “Riding the Herd Mentality”.

This is causing a Jim Crow type of mentality within bay area rap music. You have a race divide. The sheep follow the leader in the heard, no matter if the leader is leading them onto the correct path or damnation.

"Jim Crow laws mandated the segregation of public schools, public places and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms, restaurants and drinking fountains for whites and blacks. The U.S. military was also segregated, as were federal workplaces, initiated in 1913 under President Woodrow Wilson, the first Southern president elected since 1856. His administration practiced overt racial discrimination in hiring, requiring candidates to submit photos".

I like the fact that we see more and more latino and blacks working together in the bay area, and building powerful empires together. I just hope that they strong enough in their intellect to not be goated into the trap of segregation amongst themselves. No who you are and no the hidden agenda. If you open your 3rd eye you will see the plan if the game plan is laid before you. Do not fall into the game of checkers, masterfully play them in a game of chess.

Strength is in unity, togetherness, orginization and self worth. White, black, brown, yellow, red must all be one force to transend the boundaries set forth by the industry. One nation alone cannot break down the wall.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
K @killa tay , thoughts before you move on from the site?
We want your thoughts.Killa Tay has retired from posting for now.Give us an example,or I'm going to start feeling like this thread was just your way of getting a response(internetdaps) from one of your favorite rappers of all time.