Are you where you wanted to be?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
camimeg said:
Interesting topic.
When i was 16 i wanted to be a professional basketball player. What fucked my chances for that was i had a bad knee injury when i was 15 but i didn't give up until i reinjured the same knee when i was 17 during a high school basketball game.
I went to college for four years but then i dropped out because i couldnt afford my tuition anymore.
During college i decided to pursue rapping in my free time. By the time i dropped out i had actually gotten much better at my craft. So i decided to go after my rap career full time.
To make a long story short im on my way to my intended goal. I got 1 mixtape that i put out in 04 and another one coming out in about 2
months. Im 25 and i live by myself so you could say im doing allright financially. Of course id rather own a home instead of renting but i still got time for that.
I actually have expert ways of getting money so i don't work for anybody. In my case im not after the same goal that i was when i was 16..

In 5 years you'll regret your choice of a rap career... whats your backup plan..?

Apr 5, 2005
Por la Fuerza said:
You know, I was really hoping this thread would improve when I got back to it. :(

Yo man I know you are a very logical person at times, but you are just very immature majority of the times. You have too much negative energy. And i'm asking you nicely, "please don't come into other peoples thread if you are just saying shit to bring em down." By doing so, you are really asking to get banned. And believe me it will happen eventually. So have some respect!

Sep 28, 2004
Por la Fuerza said:
You know, I was really hoping this thread would improve when I got back to it. :(
If you don't like where it's heading, please improve it with your own insight. :classic: Contribute. I bet you have something interesting to write about.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
A lot of you just need that extra push or to realize that your reflection isn't going to change when you look in the mirror. Mr. Samos you did all of C-Dubb's album covers when he went 3 for 3 this year... good Shit. Crow Iv'e seen you're artwork, and that shit is tight, maybe you should post in the art forum more, and market it to the right people. I honestly would like to see you draw a tight picture for me... That I can pay for to show you your talants can be appreciated. Kayln... nuff said, you're a like a silent manger for some and they don't even know it. If some of you stop to look at your contributions... you might be closer than you actually think.

Sep 28, 2004
Flossalini said:
Crow Iv'e seen you're artwork, and that shit is tight, maybe you should post in the art forum more, and market it to the right people. I honestly would like to see you draw a tight picture for me... That I can pay for to show you your talants can be appreciated.
I'll do more stuff on a free weekend. The thing that blows is that I work so much. I'm tired. And on the weekends I got shit to do. I have a few things I'm doing all at the same time right now. I've got some OLD stuff and a few newer pieces on a deviantart account. Pamphibian on Deviant Art. I'd have more pieces if I had a scanner. I have to use my roomie's scanner when she's in a good mood and has time.

Dec 4, 2005
KALYN said:
In 5 years you'll regret your choice of a rap career... whats your backup plan..?

I don't know how to answer this without insulting you. And i really don't want to insult you for simply asking me a question. I think everyone has a different definition of success. I think you just got to be true to yourself. But thanks for predicting my future.

Dec 4, 2005
iaoish said:
My plan is: quit this job go to spain for 2 months to learn spanish. Come back here and work a bit (any kind will do) register for school in Feb. 2007 I still don't know what I want to do so I don't know which education yet.

Honestly if you don't know any Spanish and go to Spain for 2 months i think you'll be more confused than anything. I would recommend taking some classes first and getting a atleast a decent understanding of conjugating verbs in different tenses. Are you sure you want to learn Castillian Spanish?

May 3, 2002
For me. Not at all!

My lady is currently going to school (she's been goin for like 5 years already) and I am stuck with working, cleaning, cooking and paying all bills but I'm hoping it all pays off when she finishes so I can go back to school. I am currently a process tech at a manuf. plant although I want to move up to eng. but when I was 16-17 my goal was to join the Air Force or Navy and live that life for a while but do to some b/s charges that held me back threw that in the wind.
I've magaged to do okay sept for the fact I let some1 close to me ruin my credit so I am slowly trying to build it back up so I can get a mortgage ohh and i'm already 26

it'd be nice to start over again.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
camimeg said:
I don't know how to answer this without insulting you. And i really don't want to insult you for simply asking me a question. I think everyone has a different definition of success. I think you just got to be true to yourself. But thanks for predicting my future.

.. lol.. I re-read my question to you and perhaps I was a little .. ummm.. too blunt. I've been in the business for a long time, seen a lot of things... and when younger folks ask how they can be a 'rapper' its all I can do to smile and not scream out "DONT do it".. best of luck to you in whatever path you choose to go down.

Dec 17, 2004
Fridge said:
When I was young, I wanted to be a professional wrestler.
funny, me too.

now im about a couple years away from getting a ba in sociology. im still young - 20 - and am not so certain what i want to do with that degree, either professor or high school teacher (english or history), but ppls comments about this career path are always so negative, it makes me wonder. but in the end, as long as i have family and happiness, ill be where i wanna be

Dec 4, 2005
KALYN said:
.. lol.. I re-read my question to you and perhaps I was a little .. ummm.. too blunt. I've been in the business for a long time, seen a lot of things... and when younger folks ask how they can be a 'rapper' its all I can do to smile and not scream out "DONT do it".. best of luck to you in whatever path you choose to go down.

I don't know what you consider being in the business. The first rule of rapping is don't ever listen to anyone. But thanks for sharing your wisdom Kleo.