AP9 vs A-WAX Who's the Dopest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who is the dopest rapper

• AP9

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • A-WAX

Votes: 57 64.0%

• Total voters
Feb 11, 2006
2 very popular bay gangster rappers ,both with deep catalogues of quality music but who is the dopest on the MIC?? Not tryna start any shit just want to gauge who people prefer:chinese: feel free to give an opinion on what ever you feel..

My opinion is A-Wax shits on AP9 @AP9 by a mile,Flow wise,Content wise, and truthfullness in his rhymes wise.

What do you guys think?

Feb 11, 2006
ah come on bro. not this again my nigga.

lmao

i smell troll bait from a mile away pages before it happens.

Yo ma nig I aint even jokin around g,I was speaking with some people last night and they was tellin me they prefer AP9 due to hiz production,I aint trolling mayne I done made a few of these threads years ago that had great responses..aint no hate involved g just like to know what the masses think is all

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
well i figured due to your issue with ap wyou wouldnt pick that nigga anyway, you feel?
but if you claim it was a serious question and you wasnt trollin ima fuck with you on your thread.

basically i like a-wax more because i can relate to the things hes saying more. things im into myself. he comes across more visual with his lyrics. he'll talk about hustling but he'll speak on jail which i think is a fair exchange. but then again, i havent followed ap9's entire catelog enough to make a real unbiased opinion. ive heard his verses on all the mob figaz albums maybe an solo album or some songs here and there but thats about it. and ive slapped wax albums in its entirety for months at a time. im just goin off of what ive heard. i just know when i bought 65 g's in a jordan briefcase and whos got it i became a wax fan off top.

funny how on whos got it, hus has the first verse. 'real niggas come through and slide through with the chop/leave a nigga slumped and slide off in the big block, all you pop is pills nigga please 6 shots pop your knot' then them niggas damn near hated eachother years later.

but yeah, i guess if i had to pick id pick wax. like wax was dope from the jump and stayed that way pretty much and ive always felt like ap9 progressively was getting better with time. but im going offa history. for all i know in 2013, i could listen to a ap album and a wax album and i might like the AP album more due to the direction wax may went in, or maybe because the AP album was really dope or something to me.

lemme listen to persuit of perfection or whatever and jesus malverde/everyone hates me and ill get back to you on my 'current' opinion. cuz wax's sound changed up alot in my opinion. beats aint the same as they used to be. hes fuckin with alot of LA bloods and BSM now. but offtopic i did promo for wax, so its nothin but love on my side i fucks with him off top.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2009
East Palo Alto, Ca
AWax over AP.9 FOR ME any day. Awax is just different kind of music. How many songs does AP9 have that you can smoke to and chill. I think awax is ahead of AP9 in the song building part of shit, I littlerly cannot hear a whole AP9 song by himself. Slap some awax on n im smobbn, smokin, and chilln. I bought several Ap 9 CDs and my favorite songs of his have features and he only has a verse or someshit. With that being said....

Feb 11, 2006
well i figured due to your issue with ap wyou wouldnt pick that nigga anyway, you feel?
but if you claim it was a serious question and you wasnt trollin ima fuck with you on your thread.

basically i like a-wax more because i can relate to the things hes saying more. things im into myself. he comes across more visual with his lyrics. he'll talk about hustling but he'll speak on jail which i think is a fair exchange. but then again, i havent followed ap9's entire catelog enough to make a real unbiased opinion. ive heard his verses on all the mob figaz albums maybe an solo album or some songs here and there but thats about it. and ive slapped wax albums in its entirety for months at a time. im just goin off of what ive heard. i just know when i bought 65 g's in a jordan briefcase and whos got it i became a wax fan off top.

funny how on whos got it, hus has the first verse. 'real niggas come through and slide through with the chop/leave a nigga slumped and slide off in the big block, all you pop is pills nigga please 6 shots pop your knot' then them niggas damn near hated eachother years later.

but yeah, i guess if i had to pick id pick wax. like wax was dope from the jump and stayed that way pretty much and ive always felt like ap9 progressively was getting better with time. but im going offa history. for all i know in 2013, i could listen to a ap album and a wax album and i might like the AP album more due to the direction wax may went in, or maybe because the AP album was really dope or something to me.

lemme listen to persuit of perfection or whatever and jesus malverde/everyone hates me and ill get back to you on my 'current' opinion.
I agree with everything you say about Wax,the exact same shit Im feelin,He says alot of shit that you know is real.shit due to either you done did it or you know 100% thats how shit go...like his old shit about jail and stuff I been jail a few times and everything he says is true talk,more so than wuite a fewother gangster rappers I heard spittin about jail and stuff like that.

Dont get it twisted Ap got a few cool bars but Wax just got to much gas imo.

Feb 11, 2006
Gas One @Gas One yo you make a good point about hus's verse....

The couple tracks A-wax and the Figaz did are super dope to me...personal fav is Guilty by association with Jacka on the hook and 23 and 1 with Awax/jacka and King freako

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah that song , i mean hus got the first mother fucking verse. made me wonder what was the real issue between them..like is there more to all that shit than the snitch allegations? or was that bar none the reason wax hated him? youd have to respect someone you put on the very first fucking verse on your album. or atleast feel theyre dope and not the biggest sucka in the world right? that song always tripped me out due to their standings now.

yup, those two songs u mentoned i fuck with heavy too. also this:

i liked wax during this time/phase alot more. his flow as just hard as fuck to me.
i think his overdubs were a little unpolished back then which made him sound high pitched at times but he was dope as all fuck at that time to me.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2006
yeah that song , i mean hus got the verse first mother fucking verse. made me wonder what was the real issue between them..like is there more to all that shit than the snitch allegations? or was that bar none the reason wax hated him? youd have to respect someone you put on the very first fucking verse on your album. or atleast feel theyre dope and not the biggest sucka in the world right? that song always tripped me out due to their standings now.

yup, those two songs u mentoned i fuck with heavy too. also this:

i liked wax during this time/phase alot more. his flow as just hard as fuck to me.
yeah I get you g but as far as I can gather the whole wax/hus shit started from the whole talk about Hus being a snitch....on a street level niggaz in da P was sayin that shit for a while...but yo on some real shit Hus back then idk bout now but back then hus was hella active in da streets,like knockin niggaz out and shit and wildin out...he definetly aint a bitch in the streets but shakin a snitch label is hard especially when shit has has so much publicity,Imean mayne his paper work is on Youtube with snippets from Alpo's lawyer explaining wtf goes down when you get caught with that much work LOL

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
A-wax is a better rapper than AP.9. Is that even really a question?

That being said I think they all would have been better off if nobody ever had a problem with anyone else. A lot of great work from Wax and the Mobfigaz came out when they were working with each other, or shortly thereafter.

Hus was on wax's shit, wax on rydah's shit, everybody on woodie's shit. It was a cool time, and everyone would have been better off if it never stopped.

It's kinda like the whole beef period stunted most of the potential from both sides for a few years. With just lots of residual 'what ifs' left over...

Imagine a prime A-wax/prime Jacka collab album with mob features, freako, xo creep, johnny cash etc etc...

I guess Im just saying it should have turned out differently. It's a decade later without that ever anticipated Hus solo, a handful of good rydah material, AP.9 making this (supposed) progress over the course of 15 years, Jacka coming and going coming and going, and awax's sound changing every 2 years or so...Should of been better than what we got now.

Feb 11, 2006
A-wax is a better rapper than AP.9. Is that even really a question?

That being said I think they all would have been better off if nobody ever had a problem with anyone else. A lot of great work from Wax and the Mobfigaz came out when they were working with each other, or shortly thereafter.

Hus was on wax's shit, wax on rydah's shit, everybody on woodie's shit. It was a cool time, and everyone would have been better off if it never stopped.

It's kinda like the whole beef period stunted most of the potential from both sides for a few years. With just lots of residual 'what ifs' left over...

Imagine a prime A-wax/prime Jacka collab album with mob features, freako, xo creep, johnny cash etc etc...

I guess Im just saying it should have turned out differently. It's a decade later without that ever anticipated Hus solo, a handful of good rydah material, AP.9 making this (supposed) progress over the course of 15 years, Jacka coming and going coming and going, and awax's sound changing every 2 years or so...Should of been better than what we got now.
I made a thread a couple months after Cinderella story dropped sayin the same shit..your right shit could have been alot more powerful but it is what it is breh.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
shakin a snitch label is hard especially when shit has has so much publicity,Imean mayne his paper work is on Youtube with snippets from Alpo's lawyer explaining wtf goes down when you get caught with that much work LOL
well whats a trip bout that is, some people still ridin for hus. of course some people have distanced themselves, but joe blow definitely rides for hus and i cant think of too many other people really in the bay who currently are talking about pushing bricks on every song & shit.

now shit, i still got that 56 somethin page paperwork, read it hella times so i do understand why it was personal for wax. ive heard different shit, things such as 'i said something about the white boy but i aint tell on my niggas' shit...i heard mandatory minimums/first offense/good attorney/etc being a reason for hus's time served, etc etc. main thing is hes still out there, and i havent even seen or heard anyone stepping to him about the shit.

we kinda went off topic hella but i tried to keep it minimal as a response. old news anyway no need to go into super detail about operation navigator and shit

shout out to dfresh he remember back in the day we was on some inspector gadget shit tryna crack the CS-#'s lmao niggas was on cs-5's head

shit i called snitches cs-5's for a good few years might bring the slang back
id still cop a new hus album, dope guns and religion and hustling in the 80's was my shit.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2006
well whats a trip bout that is, some people still ridin for hus. of course some people have distanced themselves, but joe blow definitely rides for hus and i cant think of too many other people really in the bay who currently are talking about pushing bricks on every song & shit.

now shit, i still got that 56 somethin page paperwork, read it hella times so i do understand why it was personal for wax. ive heard different shit, things such as 'i said something about the white boy but i aint tell on my niggas' shit...i heard mandatory minimums/first offense/good attorney/etc being a reason for hus's time served, etc etc. main thing is hes still out there, and i havent even seen or heard anyone stepping to him about the shit.

we kinda went off topic but i tried to keep it minimal as a response. old news anyway no need to go into super detail about operation navigator and shit

shout out to dfresh he remember back in the day we was on some inspector gadget shit tryna crack the CS-#'s lmao niggas was on cs-5's head

shit i called snitched cs-5's for a good few years might bring the slang back
Breh Im glad you know the deal with Abe and those dudes and operation Navi...not many on here do,,,,,you fully understand why Wax was on boys head over it lol good shit mayne