AP9 vs A-WAX Who's the Dopest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who is the dopest rapper

• AP9

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • A-WAX

Votes: 57 64.0%

• Total voters
Jan 18, 2006
post up Ap9's music . Some of his universally liked stuff. i wanna compare the 2. i voted for wax but im up for some dope shit no matter who its from.

^^^ Obviously group effort but one of the hardest tracks ever

^^^ Obvious throwback beat but shit is hard

^^^ personal favorite track from Headshotz, plus hes says hes in platinum Fubu lol

Was looking for that Killa Tay presents H20 couldnt find it on youtube. One of the most slept on hardest tracks ever with AP on it with Tay and H20. "On the Block" i played front to back more then any of his other albums but shit is played out now

Last edited:
F

Fromthebaytotheaz

ap9 all day. i only know of ear wax cuz of his funkin with the mob figaz anyways. rip pretty black

Jun 5, 2004
A-wax caught hus fuckin his bm and chased him down the street with a revolver, thats how the beef started. Its a statement with the official bitches from the bay stamp of approval

Anywways, without any biased toward ap9, my answer is a wax by a mile. he writes better songs, hes way more versatile he can do the laid back songs which aps adhd ass is incapable of, and if u listen to savage times wax does the hard shit better than ap

Plus wax is a real blood and he has the uncany ability to shapeshift, i swear he looks completely different every year

Feb 10, 2006
to me, ap got better beats, better production. most wax songs that ive heard aint up to par with ap.9. it might a lot to do with a lot of brehs going bacc and forth with ap on the sicc tho. ap.9 gets my vote cuz he puts more of a better product out there in the streets...

TO ME OF COURSE...

Jan 18, 2006
2 different type of rappers. I think Jacka would be better to compare then Ap9. Ap's newer music i guess u can say has changed a lot but hes always strictly been mob/gangsta type rapper. Also just to add to me AP was actually at his best spitting before Headshotz like on this:

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2006
2 different type of rappers. I think Jacka would be better to compare then Ap9. Ap's newer music i guess u can say has changed a lot but hes always strictly been mob/gangsta type rapper. Also just to add to me AP was actually at his best spitting before Headshotz like on this:

I can see what you say about the Jacka being comparable but dont agree that Ap9 and A-wax cant be compared...you say Ap9 only make Gangsta/Mob music...so what does A Wax Do???? Horror core??
You say they dif types of rappers?? how??
To me they both make the same music just AWax is alot better at spittin than Ap9 flow wise and the way he constructs his bars.....just Imo though

Feb 14, 2004
what's the last solid project wax put out?!

he's the probably the rapper who's fallen off the hardest

I used to collect all his shit but really don't give a fuck
about his music no more

on the other hand AP always drops that g shit

May 9, 2002
A-wax is straight garbage. Terrible voice but chooses some tight beats once in a while.

That being said, AP9's yelling on every track gets old fast and his last album was weaksauce.

Vote goes to AP9 based on his back catalog.

I respect your opinion, but i would say that over the course of his career, Wax's choice of beats can be very mediocre at times. HE cant help his voice, but you mentioned NOTHING about his lyrics. Lyrically, AP is in kindergarten and Wax is a university professor at Harvard in terms of skill differential.

Feb 11, 2006
AWax has dumb/toned down his music alot to appeal to more people. Alot of people forget that,but he still drop that Old awax shit from time to time.
Was just bumpin that NES-vol 3 shit hella dope...

Yeah some of his beats he spits over are trash I agree with that.

Imagine Awax spittin over some of the beats Ampichino Uses or by his beat makers....that would be dope shit

My 3 fav rappers right now and have been for a while are

Awax
Amp
Dubb 20

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
60 replies deep & timebomb never specified if he means emcee or song writer. Big difference between the 2.

Wax has been very inconsistent since the NFES tapes. He's fallen out with about a dozen collaborators since then too lol. AP has been pretty damn consistent these past few years. Decent ear for beats & has improved his flow a lot imo. Beats have never really been one of Wax's strong points.

Lyrically even dumbed down new Wax is way better. Flow & beats are where AP is ahead.

At this point in time, I'd give it to AP by a small margin after all things are considered. That's if we're talking about the total package of course & not just emcee skills.