AP9 vs A-WAX Who's the Dopest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who is the dopest rapper

• AP9

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • A-WAX

Votes: 57 64.0%

• Total voters
Feb 11, 2006
60 replies deep & timebomb never specified if he means emcee or song writer. Big difference between the 2.

Wax has been very inconsistent since the NFES tapes. He's fallen out with about a dozen collaborators since then too lol. AP has been pretty damn consistent these past few years. Decent ear for beats & has improved his flow a lot imo. Beats have never really been one of Wax's strong points.

Lyrically even dumbed down new Wax is way better. Flow & beats are where AP is ahead.

At this point in time, I'd give it to AP by a small margin after all things are considered. That's if we're talking about the total package of course & not just emcee skills.
I never thought Id have to specify breh just wanted to see who peopleprefered on a whole...emcee wise/songs Awax got ap9 ...beats wise like my peoples who I was speaking with about it said Ap9 edges it imo...Over all though Awax is better imo just because Im feelin the music he makes is more deeply crafted. Effortless flows

Apr 21, 2012
AP puts out quality music (Relentless had some dope production) Wax drops more music & always comes with heat. My preference would be AP.9 though regardless of all the b.s. i've seen on this site.....

...... Now, with the Hus & Wax shit that been staying alive through threads like this for years now & not having any connections or knowing either personally. I always wonder why I see Hus doing gigs everywhere around the country & never hear or see of Wax doing any shows or making any appearances, anywhere.... All the lost bay area features/connections, regardless of what he says about spanning out is odd all together aswell.

Apr 14, 2006
AP puts out quality music (Relentless had some dope production) Wax drops more music & always comes with heat. My preference would be AP.9 though regardless of all the b.s. i've seen on this site.....

...... Now, with the Hus & Wax shit that been staying alive through threads like this for years now & not having any connections or knowing either personally. I always wonder why I see Hus doing gigs everywhere around the country & never hear or see of Wax doing any shows or making any appearances, anywhere.... All the lost bay area features/connections, regardless of what he says about spanning out is odd all together aswell.
Seriously though? Ever since Wax exposed Hus, Hus hasn't made any music at all and hasnt been seen or heard from. I haven't seen any news on him or heard of much new music from him... maybe its because he was missing his front tooth lol. No but seriously, its sort of weird how Hus has stayed silent and under the radar after he got out. If I was him and I was innocent, I would be making it known. He sort of went away.

Not saying Hus was horrible on the mic, but it's sort of weird how he just disappeared after that.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2012
Seriously though? Ever since Wax exposed Hus, Hus hasn't made any music at all and hasnt been seen or heard from. I haven't seen any news on him or heard of much new music from him... maybe its because he was missing his front tooth lol. No but seriously, its sort of weird how Hus has stayed silent and under the radar after he got out. If I was him and I was innocent, I would be making it known. He sort of went away.

Not saying Hus was horrible on the mic, but it's sort of weird how he just disappeared after that.

Putting on an hour show is more lucrative than dropping an album, or even a few albums if you have the kind of following Hus has.... He should have dropped a few projects by now but like I said, he's still showing his face on a constant basis in the Bay & Wax is MIA whether on his own decision or not still makes me think it's odd he can't get a "decently" hot feature out the town/bay considering he's from out here.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Putting on an hour show is more lucrative than dropping an album, or even a few albums if you have the kind of following Hus has.... He should have dropped a few projects by now but like I said, he's still showing his face on a constant basis in the Bay & Wax is MIA whether on his own decision or not still makes me think it's odd he can't get a "decently" hot feature out the town/bay considering he's from out here.
"Half of the bay don't fuck w/ me...the other half does reluctantly"

Fab was on a track or two of wax's tho

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Yes A-Wax is a better lyricist but he doens't got a style of it's own or sounds hungry. His new shit is even below average for a rapper. Not even worthy of giving it a listen. I still give AP a change whenever new shit comes out.

I'm not a big fan of both of them but there is no one around with the same style as AP.9. That's why he got my vote. He is way more authentic unlike Wax which has a style that I heard plenty times before.

This poll isn't even reliable since there are so many AP.9 haters here that will vote for Wax

Apr 14, 2006
Only showing his face in the bay is his issue. He ain't gonna blow up just staying in the bay.