ANY OF YOU PRACTICE "SANTERIA"???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!! WHEN THE AFRICANS WERE TAKEN TO BE SLAVES, THEY WERE NO LONGER ALOUD TO PRACTICE THEIR RELIGION, SO THEY DISGUISED THEY'RE SAINT'S AND PRETENDED TO PRAY TO CATHOLIC SAINTS BECAUSE THEY WERE SIMILAR TO THEIR OWN SAINTS!!!

ETC.
Orisha/ Saint/ Attributes
Olofi/ Christ/ One of the three aspects of Olodumare(God)
Obatala/ Virgin of Mercy/ Father of the orisha, guardian of tradition; gives peace and tranquility
Shango/ Barbara/ God of thunder, lighting, and fire; the wrath of Olodumare; rules passions

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
YOUNGNUTT said:
YOU FUCCERS ARE KILL'N' THE THREAD WITH THIS SUBLIME SHIT!!!
I'M INTERESTED IN PEOPLES THOUGHTS ON THIS RELIGION AND WANT TO KNOW IF THERE ARE FOLKS ON THE SICC THAT PRACTICE IT!!!
Maybe you should have tried the Gathering of Minds forum then. This is the Open Forum, things always get off course here.

But to answer your question I've known a few people that practiced it back in High School. This one guy from Honduras in paticular. He used to say weird shit in the hallways and do some strange pointing at people. He also "cursed" my friend once but he is still live and well and actually doing better then 99% of the people I know so I guess he was a weak ass wizard. The dude also had some weird obsession with trees. He would have branches on his backpack, go sit with the trees at lunch, wear shirts with pictures of trees on them, etc.

But seriously, I don't find it any more or less absurd then any other religion. Well except Scientology, those people are just fucking crazy.

May 3, 2005
YOUNGNUTT said:
NAW SHE'S MEXICAN, AND SANTERIA IS VERY POPULAR IN CUBA BUT IT
ORIGINATED FROM THE YORUBA PEOPLE IN AFRICA!!!
All I wanna ask is if your ready for monday night football!! Dallas n buffalo

Dec 25, 2003
Nutt

You fucked up this thread by saying "Practice Santeria" in the thread title

You shoulda just been like "anyone here into or believe in Santeria"

Cause instead of 3 or 4 people saying it you got the whole thread filled wit it

lol

Oct 3, 2006
CHECK THIS YOUNGNUTT, I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYIN BRO, MY BOY WHOS IN THE CORPS WITH ME TURNED TO THAT RELIGION AFTER BEING CATHOLIC, AND GODDAMN THAT SHIT REALLY IS BAD IMO. AT FIRST I NOTICED HE STARTED HAVING PRACTICES WITH LIKE COCONUTS AND OVERTURNED GLASSES AND SHIT, I DONT KNOW ITS A WEIRD RELIGION, IT SEEMS SIMILAR TO VOODOO BUT ITS NOT VOODOO YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN??? ILL EXPLAIN LATER ON ...GOTTA GO BACK TO WORK!

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
THE DESCRIPTION YOU GAVE OF THE AUNT... REMINDED ME OF THE WITCH FROM THAT BROTHER LYNCH FLICK "NOW EAT"...
AY YOU SHOULD HIT THAT FOOL TROLL UP, I HEAR HE'S INTO THAT SHIT.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i might practice voudoun, but my acknowledgment or belief in the subject has little to do with anyone elses choice in life and is a cultural thing

and its really nothing that needs to be talked about, but if you believe it then you believe it

i got a filipino ex girlfriend whos family believes in tree gnomes. and things have happened to their family members for stepping on them.

im not one to say thats not true.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i guess i believe in things because ive seen things work. ive seen animals killed and brought back to life. screaming.

the world works in mysterious ways. theres alot of secrets to life that only a few know.

if you have no understanding or explanation of those things it might seem supernatural to you, maybe it is.

most witch doctors and shamans and voodoo men are big drug users, also keep that in mind

the power of suggestion can be more powerful than people think

if you get depressed you can make yourself sick, for instance