Angels beware...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
Ya, tough loss.
I blame Josh Paul more than K-Rod. He was callin bad pitches to throw. The Yankee ump's have been biased the entire series, and the previous one in Anaheim. Givin the yanks check swings left and right. It happens though. No excuses, just talkin slight bs. Angels need to pick it up.

It's just 2.5 games. We have been in that position before, even in second place for a bit. The A's just traded places with the Rangers, no big deal to me. We had the Rangers on our back almost all season. Just like how the Rangers were storming, look where they are now? The A's will do the same eventually. Short term threats....

May 10, 2002
^^^ GET REAL YOUR IN DENIAL, YOU KNOW WHY, CUZ OUR PITCHING IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT TO HAPPEN WERE ABOUT TO PASS YALL UP AND NEVER LOOK BACK, WERE NOT JUST ON SOME STREAK, THIS IS HOW THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING FROM THE START OF THE SEASON, LIKE I SAID BEFORE ANGELS ARE GONNA BE LUCKY JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEY ON AN ALL OUT COLLAPSE JUST LIKE THE ORIOLES BUT NOT QUITE AS BAD.

Apr 25, 2002
"I blame Josh Paul more than K-Rod. He was callin bad pitches to throw."
"K-Rod" (should it be Walk-Rod now?) only throws two pitches, Josh Paul can't help it if he can't throw either one over the plate.

"Yankee ump's have been biased the entire series, and the previous one in Anaheim."
Come on now. K-Rod is getting exposed for what he is. He gets most of his strikeouts on balls that are out of the zone. Sit and make him pitch and he'll probably walk you, then you can steal on the pitches he throws in the dirt to every batter he faces.

"It's just 2.5 games"
It was 12.5. The Angels are losing ground constantly and have been for the past two months.

"We had the Rangers on our back almost all season. Just like how the Rangers were storming, look where they are now?"
They're in third, they ran into OAKLAND and got pushed back in the AL West. They were doing what they were doing until Oakland took 7 of 8. They're still winning games, they just took the first two from Toronto, who Anaheim has had so much trouble with lately...

"Short term threats...."
Playing .750-.800 ball for TWO WHOLE MONTHS is hardly "short term," you know that.

May 6, 2002
Playa510 said:
^^^ GET REAL YOUR IN DENIAL, YOU KNOW WHY, CUZ OUR PITCHING IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT TO HAPPEN WERE ABOUT TO PASS YALL UP AND NEVER LOOK BACK, WERE NOT JUST ON SOME STREAK, THIS IS HOW THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING FROM THE START OF THE SEASON, LIKE I SAID BEFORE ANGELS ARE GONNA BE LUCKY JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEY ON AN ALL OUT COLLAPSE JUST LIKE THE ORIOLES BUT NOT QUITE AS BAD.
The Angels have a phenominal pitching staff. The A's are just under-rated.
Before the season started, at half point, and even now...the Angels are favored to take the AL West. As of right now, it is still the A's who will be lucky to make it.

May 6, 2002
"K-Rod is getting exposed for what he is. He gets most of his strikeouts on balls that are out of the zone."

Exposed? He's not a some fluke rookie. He is the second best closer in the game. He gets most of his strikes from people whiffin at his breaking balls. The Yankees just weren't biting.

"It was 12.5. The Angels are losing ground constantly and have been for the past two months."

It was 12.5 for the A's. Two months (end of May) ago the Rangers were in the exact same position. I don't care how much any team in the AL West has progressed since. The point is Angels are still in first, being only 2.5 which is what it was (or at least close to it) back at the end of May.

"Playing .750-.800 ball for TWO WHOLE MONTHS is hardly "short term," you know that."

In this case, I was being optimistic for my team. By short term, I meant that we will gain solid ground again and be 6 or 7 games up once again. This I admit was not any fact, just me supposrting my team. I really do believe it though, we will once again have a nice lead in the AL West.

Apr 25, 2002
"Exposed? He's not a some fluke rookie. He is the second best closer in the game. He gets most of his strikes from people whiffin at his breaking balls. The Yankees just weren't biting."

Second best closer in the game? He's not even the second best closer in the AL West.

K-Rod 42.2 IP, 2.53 ERA, 1.03 WHIP

Huston Street (Oakland) 51.0 IP, 1.41 ERA, 0.98 WHIP
Eddie Guardado (Seattle) 36.0 IP, 1.50 ERA, 0.97 WHIP

If more teams learn to sit on his breaking ball (which is in the dirt 99% of the time) he's gonna be in trouble. Today the Yankees were patient and he blew the save. He walked FOUR batters in one inning. That is ridiculous.

Sep 12, 2002
AS I REMEMBER LAST YEAR DIDNT THE A'S HAVE A 3 GAMES LEAD GOING INTO FINAL SERIES AND LOSE TO THE ANGLES AND ANGLES WON THE DIVISION. AND DONT SAY THAT WAS LAST YEAR THIS NOW.

Apr 25, 2002
Oakland is...

40-14 since Bobby Crosby came back - .741

13-3 since the All-Star break - .813

16-3 vs. divisional & wild card contenders in the last 19 games - .842

22-6 since the "can they or can't they keep playing .700 ball?" debate took full flower - .786

30-7 since losing the first game vs. Phillies on June 17 - .811

May 6, 2002
K-Rod has very few blown saves this year. I think it's 3 (I may be wrong). You are right though, on the fact that the Yankee's were patient on the pitches. Makes me sketch a little, hopefully this wont become a trend.

Off-Topic
Being one of the 3 (at most) Angel fans on this board, I am always having to defend myself against the swarm of Oakland and Seattle fans.

When I called out Seattle to finished in last I got bombed on, stating I was completely wrong due to the big hitters they picked up. Now they are ghost.

On the mlb board, Texas fans are now ghosted off the Angels forum since they fell way back.

Now, it's Oakland's turn. Just wait and see.
When we play in a week and a half it will be a great series.

Apr 25, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Off-Topic
Being one of the 3 (at most) Angel fans on this board, I am always having to defend myself against the swarm of Oakland and Seattle fans.

When I called out Seattle to finished in last I got bombed on, stating I was completely wrong due to the big hitters they picked up. Now they are ghost.

On the mlb board, Texas fans are now ghosted off the Angels forum since they fell way back.

Now, it's Oakland's turn. Just wait and see.
When we play in a week and a half it will be a great series.
I know what you mean. Everyone was rippin on me for saying the A's would win the West this year (everyone else said they'd finish last.)

I said Seattle would finish last and got ripped for that.

I said Beltre would be lucky to hit 20 home runs and got ripped for that.

I said Dan Johnson (.398 OBP, .500 SLG, .318 AVG) would come up and produce this year and got ripped for that.

I said the A's would win without Hudson and Mulder and got ripped for that.

I said the A's had a solid offense (they've scored more runs than the Angels, have a better OBP & SLG and just .001 less in AVG) and got ripped for that.

I said Tim Hudson would go on the DL this year and got ripped for that.

I said Haren and Mulder would have comparable numbers this year and got ripped for that.

I could go on for about an hour on this topic.

So far, A's vs. Angels, A's 5 Angels 4......

1.5 games and counting.........

Nov 14, 2002
All I can say is at least we're not getting blown away in these losses. They've all been 1-run games or extra innings games. Anaheim's been in first place all of but 1 day of the season thus far. And 1.5 games back or 11.5 games back, we're still in first place as of now. We'll get our shit back together and win the division once again. Oakland fans fall back.

May 6, 2002
Today's loss was innevitable. I accepted it before the game started. Soscia has been doing funny things with the lineup. Whats up with taken Bootcheck out on the before the 7th also, he knows the bullpen is worn out.