Angels beware...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
I would love to see Oakland make it to the post-season. It is always good to have more than one team from Cali going for any championship.

I can't see it happenening though. I know I am going against stats, but I think it is just a long and solid hot streak. A's wont make the post-season, but I hope I'm wrong.
When does a streak stop being a streak? (Other than when they stop winning?)

Look at the problems they had when they were losing:

- Marco Scutaro was playing shortstop, who is offensively and defensively a step down from Bobby Crosby.
- Ryan Glynn and Seth Etherton were starting games instead of Rich Harden.
- Charles Thomas was getting playing time.
- Octavio Dotel was playing injured.
- Nick Swisher (2nd on team in HR's, 3rd in RBI's) got hurt and missed about 100 AB's.
- Calero, Duke & Street (three of their best guys in the pen) all missed time due to injury.

Now that they have the entire team on the field, they've won 37 games out of 50. I won't discredit them and call that a streak, especially since it's been going on for almost 2 months now.

Nov 14, 2002
Although that may hold some truth, you need to look at the schedule as well. Oakland's worst stretch was from the beginning of May to early June, in which they played the Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, and Nationals, who were all really heating up themselves. Since then, aside from the White Sox [who are hella overrated IMO], Oakland's played Seattle, San Francisco, NYM, Philly, Toronto, and the Indians and Rangers who have both fallen back to .500. Their real test will be in August when they get the Angels and Twins like 12 times, and a 3-game series with the still-in-contention Orioles. If the A's are still in it come September 1st only then will I eat my words and give my props.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Mr. Chronic said:
The A's are hotter right now. 9-2 Since the All-Star break...36-13 since May 30th...The best in the majors.

Watch out now...Oakland's comin'...
i did not notice the a's is the hottest team after the all-star. im not keeping up baseball since dodgers are going downhill.....

Sep 12, 2002
everybody talks about the success of moneyball but moneyball hasnt won a playoff series. When the A'S win a playoff series than i will give them props

Jan 4, 2003
herm96 said:
everybody talks about the success of moneyball but moneyball hasnt won a playoff series. When the A'S win a playoff series than i will give them props
you one of them espn cats arent you? :dead:

Apr 25, 2002
herm96 said:
First of all you obviously don't know what "Moneyball" is.

Second of all, do you really think Billy Beane has ever had the chance to put the team that he wanted to put out on the field? He's ALWAYS been restricted by payroll.

The success is that the A's have like the 2nd most wins in baseball in the past 5 years only behind the NY Yankees and they've spent probably as much in five years as the Yankees do in one... And that the team continues to win even after losing players like Keith Foulke, Jason Giambi, Tim Hudson, Mark Mulder, Miguel Tejada, etc. etc. Every single year everyone says, "Oh the A's are done because they lost (fill in the blank,)" and it never happens.

When the A's get a new stadium/tv deal/radio deal and have money to spend on payroll count on a dynasty.

Jan 4, 2003
G-Dubb said:
First of all you obviously don't know what "Moneyball" is.

Second of all, do you really think Billy Beane has ever had the chance to put the team that he wanted to put out on the field? He's ALWAYS been restricted by payroll.

The success is that the A's have like the 2nd most wins in baseball in the past 5 years only behind the NY Yankees and they've spent probably as much in five years as the Yankees do in one... And that the team continues to win even after losing players like Keith Foulke, Jason Giambi, Tim Hudson, Mark Mulder, Miguel Tejada, etc. etc. Every single year everyone says, "Oh the A's are done because they lost (fill in the blank,)" and it never happens.

When the A's get a new stadium/tv deal/radio deal and have money to spend on payroll count on a dynasty.
real talk

Sep 12, 2002
YEAH I KNOW THAT A'S ARE SECOND IN WINS BUT DOESNT SUCCESS IN PLAYOFFS IS WHAT REALLY COUNTS. I DOUBT THE A'S WILL GET A NEW STADIUM IN OAKLAND , THEY NEED TO MOVE SOME WHERE ELSE TO GET THE SUPPORT AND FINANCE TO SPEND ON PLAYERS

May 6, 2002
Our pitchers are worn from the series in TO.

I know everyone keeps saying it, but there are still a lot of games to go. I can picture the A's in first here and there, but highly doubtful that the Angels will lose the AL West.

May 10, 2002
^^^ ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THE ANGELS ARE JUST FLOPPING OVER, I WAS SURPRISED THEY WON 3 OF 4 AGAINST NY LAST WEEK, THAT AINT HAPPENING THIS WEEK, THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN ONE GAME OUT OF THREE,

THE A'S HAVE WAY TO MUCH MOMENTUM I SAY THEY ARE GONNA WIN THE AL WEST BY AT LEAST 5 GAMES AND I AINT BEING BIASED, WHEN THE ANGELS LOST 4 STRAIGHT AT HOME TO THE MARINERS AND 3 IN A ROW TO THE BLUE JAYS YOU KNOW THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO JUST GET IN THE PLAYOFFS AT THIS POINT.

Apr 25, 2002
The Angels have scored 4 runs in the last 50 innings. Their offense has been HORRIBLE this month, was good last month, and mediocre before that.

Tonight the Angels AA callup going against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium... Rich Harden going up against the Tigers... I like our chances of gaining more ground... Who's going to the game tonight?

Jan 2, 2003
G-Dubb said:
The Angels have scored 4 runs in the last 50 innings. Their offense has been HORRIBLE this month, was good last month, and mediocre before that.

Tonight the Angels AA callup going against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium... Rich Harden going up against the Tigers... I like our chances of gaining more ground... Who's going to the game tonight?
AND...the angle sjust played 18 in TORONTO then had to catch a flgiht to NEW YORK to play today!!!!!!!

u know they r goinn b hurtin....

so 2.5 by the end of the night?????

GEAH!!!!!