Angels beware...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
After taking 2 of 3 from the Angels of Anaheim IN Anaheim, we have single handedly cut the division lead to 6 1/2 games. I know y'all gotta be worried. Yes there's plenty of season still left, but I'm guessing you Angels fans were gettin' pretty comfortable up their in 1st place for a while weren't ya?! There's 10 games left between us (and Oakland has a tough Aug./Sept. stretch ahead against all playoff caliber teams) still so there's still a LOT to be decided...Only time will tell.

Fuck you Oakland A haters!! TRUST MONEY BALL!! :dead:

Sep 12, 2002
you really think they will win the wild card, 5 games back, 3-4 teams in front of them. better chances to win division , 1-2 teams to beat.

Aug 26, 2002
whether or not they win the division or the wild card, a's fans have to be pleased to see a team that has youth & talent...they have a future if they keep them together, but most of us a's fans know we build players to stardom only to trade them off either because we have new talent right behind them or we cant afford the, hopefully shit changes, i see a franchise in the making.

Apr 25, 2002
herm96 said:
you really think they will win the wild card, 5 games back, 3-4 teams in front of them. better chances to win division , 1-2 teams to beat.
Actually they're only 2.5 games back for the Wild Card, and there are only 3 teams ahead of them.

They have a very good chance at both the division and the Wild Card.

Tuaroa said:
whether or not they win the division or the wild card, a's fans have to be pleased to see a team that has youth & talent...they have a future if they keep them together, but most of us a's fans know we build players to stardom only to trade them off either because we have new talent right behind them or we cant afford the, hopefully shit changes, i see a franchise in the making.
So much for a "rebuilding year."

Most of the current players will be on the team until 2009/2010.

Jan 2, 2003
Pino said:
actually if the A's win the wild card they'll have to face the White Sox in first round since they have the best record and we all know their record against the Sox.
most likely NOT....

i think the wild card will come outta the East....therefore if the Whtie sox still have the best record they will face the wild card and the east division winner will play the winner of the west...(just my guess, but it hink thats how its goin down)

i think the A's have a legitimate shot of winning the wild card but they will have to rely on the Yankees slippin and Baltimore and the Twins....While the A's maintain their hot streak....

i think relying on one tam(the angels) to kinda "choke" might be a little more realistic...

and YES the A's r only 2.5 outta the wild card...(hater)....

Apr 25, 2002
The A's hit left handed pitchers as good as anyone, they're 2nd in runs scored in the majors against lefties... But they're almost in last in runs scored against right handed pitchers... They need someone who can hit both but mostly righties, so it probably could be a lefty.

Nov 14, 2002
After taking 3 of 4 from Minnesota and the first 3 against the Yankees I can honestly say I'm not worried at all. Anaheim still has the 3rd best record in baseball, and that dreadful collapse before the All-Star Break against Seattle seems like months ago. And if Stoneman wants to make up for signing Finley and Cabrera while letting go of Glaus and Eckstein, he'll go out and get us someone like Mike Sweeney or Adam Dunn, which un-doubtedly be game over for Texas and Oakland.

Apr 25, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
After taking 3 of 4 from Minnesota and the first 3 against the Yankees I can honestly say I'm not worried at all. Anaheim still has the 3rd best record in baseball, and that dreadful collapse before the All-Star Break against Seattle seems like months ago. And if Stoneman wants to make up for signing Finley and Cabrera while letting go of Glaus and Eckstein, he'll go out and get us someone like Mike Sweeney or Adam Dunn, which un-doubtedly be game over for Texas and Oakland.
Stoneman won't get Sweeney or Dunn and that's pretty much guaranteed. He's afraid to go out and make trades like that because he doesn't want to give anything up.

Stoneman is looking at BRETT TOMKO right now. That's about the caliber of player he's going to get, otherwise he'll stand pat (like he said he probably will already.)

Apr 25, 2002
A's swept the Rangers in 4 and are now tied with the Twins for the AL Wild Card. Yankees are 1 back.

Since May 29th (the return of Bobby Crosby,) the A's have gone 36-13 and have gone from 12.5 games back to 5.5 games back.

64 games left......

Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb said:
A's swept the Rangers in 4 and are now tied with the Twins for the AL Wild Card. Yankees are 1 back.

Since May 29th (the return of Bobby Crosby,) the A's have gone 36-13 and have gone from 12.5 games back to 5.5 games back.

64 games left......
Now they're 5 back and are in first place for the AL Wild Card by themselves leading the Twins by a half game.

That's 7.5 games they've made up in the AL West in less than 2 months.

That's 37-13 in the last 50 games (.740%)

May 6, 2002
I would love to see Oakland make it to the post-season. It is always good to have more than one team from Cali going for any championship.

I can't see it happenening though. I know I am going against stats, but I think it is just a long and solid hot streak. A's wont make the post-season, but I hope I'm wrong.