49ers Offensive Coordinator Jimmy Raye Fired!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Play Alex Smith against the Falcons on Sunday for the first half, if he starts fucking up again, bring in Carr and keep him there until the end of the season.

But last year the falcons RAPED us. On defense and offense, our defense wont be able to do this alone. we need SOMETHING.

At least if we suck the whole year we can draft a great qb and some more o-liners.

Oct 23, 2009
WTF is up with Shaun Smith (Chiefs DE)?

After last weekend’s NFL games, an interesting little story emerged when Browns center Alex Mack informed the public that Chiefs defensive end Shaun Smith grabbed his package during a game. Mack understandably retaliated and drew a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty from the officials after the play.

One week later, San Francisco 49ers tackle Anthony Davis drew the exact same penalty after retaliating when Smith pulled the exact same stunt and grabbed his genitals, according to Davis. The penalty on Mack a week ago led to a missed field goal for the Browns. The penalty to Davis on Sunday created a second-and-22 for the Niners after they had just converted a first down.

“He tried to feel me,” Davis said. “That’s weird, right?”

While the penalty may have been costly for San Francisco at the time, Niners coach Mike Singletary seemed understanding of the reaction from Davis. “I think he got hit inappropriately,” Singletary said. “After a while, there’s only so much you can take. He (Davis) was wrong for retaliating and he knows that.”

It’s obvious this little perverted tactic Smith has developed can help his team and be costly for the opposition, but it’s completely out of line. You can’t expect a guy to allow someone to grab a handful of his man zone and not do anything about it. The NFL should strongly consider looking into it and slapping Smith with a fine if they determine he’s made a habit of grabbing balls on the gridiron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/shaun-smith-faces-another-accusation-of-junk-grabbing/?related=1

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/anthony-davis-says-shaun-smith-grabbed-his-balls-also/31701

Feb 12, 2004
After last weekend’s NFL games, an interesting little story emerged when Browns center Alex Mack informed the public that Chiefs defensive end Shaun Smith grabbed his package during a game. Mack understandably retaliated and drew a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty from the officials after the play.

One week later, San Francisco 49ers tackle Anthony Davis drew the exact same penalty after retaliating when Smith pulled the exact same stunt and grabbed his genitals, according to Davis. The penalty on Mack a week ago led to a missed field goal for the Browns. The penalty to Davis on Sunday created a second-and-22 for the Niners after they had just converted a first down.

While the penalty may have been costly for San Francisco at the time, Niners coach Mike Singletary seemed understanding of the reaction from Davis. “I think he got hit inappropriately,” Singletary said. “After a while, there’s only so much you can take. He (Davis) was wrong for retaliating and he knows that.”

It’s obvious this little perverted tactic Smith has developed can help his team and be costly for the opposition, but it’s completely out of line. You can’t expect a guy to allow someone to grab a handful of his man zone and not do anything about it. The NFL should strongly consider looking into it and slapping Smith with a fine if they determine he’s made a habit of grabbing balls on the gridiron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/shaun-smith-faces-another-accusation-of-junk-grabbing/?related=1

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/anthony-davis-says-shaun-smith-grabbed-his-balls-also/31701
Haha I posted about this in the 49ers vs Chiefs game. What a queer.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I just found out that Mike Johnson has worked with Drew Brees, Michael Vick and Doug Flutie before. Too bad Alex Smith isn't close to any of those guys, lol.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Shaun Smith grabbing crotches in the trenches. I actually thought he was a good player, but now I know why. He's already got that reputation now, so watch out for Shaun Smith.

Dec 9, 2005
A little background on our new OC:

Nobody pushed Mike Johnson harder than his father Gene.

On weekends, when other kids were sleeping in, Mike was mowing the lawn as soon as the dew melted. After that, while his peers enjoyed a carefree day, Mike was cleaning all the windows in his house.

Once the chores were finished, Gene made sure Mike was staying in shape and sharpening his skills for whatever sports season was coming up next. That’s probably why Mike, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound high schooler, had Division 1 scholarship offers in football, basketball and baseball.

But Gene did more than instill a strong work ethic in his son. He was his best friend.

Mike still can’t talk about his dad without a beaming smile across his face.

“He was there for me always,” the 49ers quarterbacks coach said. “I can’t remember an event I had that he wasn’t there. He was my biggest supporter and my biggest critic, but he was always looking at ways I could get better.”

When Johnson graduated from Baldwin Park High School near Los Angeles, he decided to pursue a collegiate career in his best sport, football. Johnson redshirted his first year at Arizona State and was in line to compete for the starting spot the following the season.

But that’s when everything changed.

In December 1986 Gene passed away and Mike lost his sense of direction.

“I look back on that time now and I didn’t handle it like he would have wanted me to handle it,” Johnson said. “He had given me all the traits to succeed as a man, but instead I sort of wallowed in my own pity a little bit.

“I didn’t know how to handle myself when the person I had relied on my entire life wasn’t there.”

Without his dad to guide him, Johnson lost focus on school and football. It took him a full year to get back on track, and by the time he did, playing quarterback for the Sun Devils was no longer an option.

The ASU coaching staff tried to move Johnson to wide receiver, but he didn’t want to make the switch and decided to transfer.

After a year at Mesa (Ariz.) Community College, Johnson transferred to Akron College where he finished his collegiate career.

At the conclusion of his college career, Johnson spent the 1990 training camp with the Arizona Cardinals before moving on to the World Football League. After two years in the WFL, Johnson spent five seasons in the Canadian Football League.

But throughout his playing days, Johnson always knew he wanted to be a coach.

During every off-season he would go back to Baldwin Park and coach the high school basketball team. Also, through a relationship he had developed with current-Oregon State coach Mike Riley during his WFL days, Johnson would sit in on USC coaches meeting during spring football. Riley was the Trojans’ offensive coordinator at the time.

Johnson always knew coaching in some facet would be his calling once his playing days were over. He just didn’t know it would come so soon.

During a game in 1995, Johnson broke his tibia and fibula when a lineman rolled onto his leg ending his career. Shortly afterward, Riley became the Beavers head coach and offered Johnson a job coaching the team’s wide receivers.

Even though Johnson hadn’t played wide receiver since his middle school days, it was an easy transition to coach the position.

“As a quarterback, you are in tune with everything a wide receiver does,” he said. “It was just a matter of mastering the wide receiver techniques, which Mike Riley really helped me with.”

Johnson spent two years coaching wide receivers before taking over as the team’s quarterbacks coach in 1999.

Then, when Riley became coach of the San Diego Chargers, he brought Johnson along to coach the quarterbacks. After two years in San Diego, Johnson became the wide receivers coach for the Atlanta Falcons. One year later he became the team’s quarterbacks coach. In 2006 Johnson became the Baltimore Ravens wide receivers coach and stayed there for two seasons before coming to San Francisco in 2009.

Johnson learned something new at every coaching stop, but what remained constant was the work ethic and attention to detail his father taught him as a kid.

Johnson knows he has taken on his dad’s personality with his players and now he is the one who balances being the biggest supporter and biggest critic.

His players recognize that, and they appreciate everything Johnson does for them the same way Johnson valued his dad’s support.

“He gives us everything we need to go out there on Sunday,” 49ers quarterback Alex Smith said. “He demands perfection and he has a lot of energy and is there for us every day. Things like that, you couldn’t ask anything else from a coach.”

Mediocre players make the best coaches, so hopefully he can bring something new to the table. I've read that Johnson is a player favorite, so at least we know the guys are going to play for him.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
what I want to know is, does he have a say in who starts at QB like martz did? or will sing make him play Alex?

I'd like to see Troy Smith on the field, he is a threat like vick, a poor mans vick, but hey why not try him out.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
im glad the niners arent just sitting on their asses. what they need to do is go trade a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for Kolb sitting on his ass in Philly. The eagles dont need him and he is a potential beast.

Apr 25, 2002
I went to my favorite 49ers site and saw all the news articles about Raye being fired and I let out a loud "FUCK YEAH" at work. Everyone was like what the fuck?

Wow Singletary did say there would be changes, did not know he meant firing Raye, lmao.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't actually read any of the articles, just the titles LOL, but I'm not so sure it was Singletary's decision. Yesterday he was talking about how Raye would remain OC for the rest of the year. I'm thinking it might have been Jed York or Trent Baalke's recommendation to Jed York.

Mike Johnson should have been OC to begin with. Now, Singletary needs to sit the fuck back and let Johnson control the offense. If he tries to force Johnson to run more than we should, especially when it's not working, then Sing needs to go next.

Jul 25, 2007
Now all they need to do is get rid of Alex Smith and fire Singletary. Dont get me wrong Sing is a good guy, a good motivator and speaker but that doesnt win you games. We need an offensive coach.

49ers need to get back on track to the glory days of Walsh. Fire Sing, bring in John Gruden and bring back the West Coast Offense.

Apr 25, 2002
Play Alex Smith against the Falcons on Sunday for the first half, if he starts fucking up again, bring in Carr and keep him there until the end of the season.
Fuck that, get Troy Smith up to speed and put his ass in there. David Carr has looked like a bag of shit since he's been here. We need to find out what's good with Troy Smith or Nate Davis, now that we have someone who may be competent as an OC.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Westbrook and Dixon when they start plugging the box with 8 or 9 on Gore. Different personnel will cause the defense to call different plays, which probably won't be 8+ in the box because Westbrook and Dixon aren't perceived to be as big of a threat as Frank Gore is, and the run game might open a little. I'm smart enough to do this, Raye wasn't. I just wish they would have fired his ass during the season last year instead of this year.

Apr 25, 2002

Throw that faggot in jail.

I know I'd be in jail real quick if I grabbed a female's crotch at work. This idiot is at work grabbing men's nuts. That's sexual assault.