49ers Offensive Coordinator Jimmy Raye Fired!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Of course the offense needs to be more flexible...

I'm starting to think it wasn't flexible due to Mike Singletary's philosophy..

I don't know...something tells me the 49ers gonna get a win against the Falcons....
raye came out in the media and said he was just following what mike wanted him to do

gonna be tough to stop the run against atlanta

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Jimmy Raye called plays pretty good from the spread formation last season. Vernon Davis scored 13 TD's in Jimmy Raye's offense and made the pro-bowl. Alex Smith showed improvement.

I place the blame on Singletary. If you don't know about X's and O's then maybe you shouldn't be a head coach. How can you be a part of game planning if you don't know about the X's and O's? As a coaching staff, you're in it together. Firing one guy because you started off 0-3 seems like a coward/scapegoat move to me.

Dec 4, 2006
Tony yep....that's why I kinda asked who was the real culprit in the Niners Offense prob...

I hope Jed York is searching for a new Head Coach with experience in the game...

fuck a motivator...we need someone that actually knows what they're doing...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Singletary made it clear that he wanted an offense based on the running game. So out went Martz. Singletary used two draft picks on offensive linemen. Not saying they were bad picks but this was clearly Singletary's offensive mindset. He hired Raye and then fired him, even though he was running the offense Singletary wanted. That's just wrong.... Singletary could have at least demoted Raye (in house) and then promoted Johnson to the play calling duties.

He straight up made Raye the fall guy.

Dec 9, 2005
Tony, the head coach doesn't always have to be the greatest X's and O's guy. Just has to have very strong coordinators, if he isn't... and most importantly...let them do their jobs. He hasn't done that.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Tony, the head coach doesn't always have to be the greatest X's and O's guy. Just has to have very strong coordinators, if he isn't... and most importantly...let them do their jobs. He hasn't done that.
He hasn't done what? He let Raye do his job and then canned him. As a head coach he should've stepped up and got himself more involved in the offense.

I'm not saying head coaches have to be the greatest at the X's and O's but at somepoint you as a head coach have to be involved in the play calling. If he can't call plays then maybe he shouldn't be a head coach. Most head coaches were coordinators at some point in their careers anyway.....