49ers Offensive Coordinator Jimmy Raye Fired!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
actually i take my last post back. Fuck trading for Kolb just wait until the off season and sign Mike Vick and let him team up with his old QB coach from atlanta!!!!!

lets go people!
why wouldn't they keep him if he continues to play well though?

Now all they need to do is get rid of Alex Smith and fire Singletary. Dont get me wrong Sing is a good guy, a good motivator and speaker but that doesnt win you games. We need an offensive coach.

49ers need to get back on track to the glory days of Walsh. Fire Sing, bring in John Gruden and bring back the West Coast Offense.
I agree with half of your post, would really love to see this team pass the ball alot more and use gore/westbrook more in the passing game and smash Dixon down their throats. It's a good trio that should be used to it's strengths, not just gore gore gore gore dive dive dive.

Apr 25, 2002
We don't need a new HC, we just need a better QB.
We won't need a new head coach IF Singletary stops trying to involve himself in the offense. He doesn't know SHIT about offense and his stupid ass "vision" from 1985 isn't going to work in today's NFL. We could have had a good OC in Linehan, but he refused to run Singletary's retarded ass offense because he knew it wouldn't work and he'd look bad.

If Mike Johnson proves to be a decent OC, then Singletary needs to be the master motivator he is and just let Johnson and Manusky handle the gameplans each week. He needs to back the fuck up and let his coordinators do their jobs without throwing his 2 pennies in. He knows nothing about X's and O's and shouldn't be involved with them at all.

Apr 25, 2002
http://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora

"In addition to coaching shake-up in San Fran, I hear veterans Michael Lewis and Takeo Spikes being benched on defense. Big change for 49ers"

Taylor Mays and Navorro Bowman time?
NICE.

Mays is supposed to be a liability in coverage, but so is Lewis. The only difference is Mays is fast as fuck and might be able to recover if he gets burned while Lewis is slow as shit and has no chance. Also, Mays could be coached up and his coverage skills can easily get better given his athleticism.

Bowman is already compared to Patrick Willis by his teammates and coaches and is fast. He will make rookie mistakes, but he seems like a better playmaker than Spikes is at this stage in his career.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Yeah they knew they had to make adjustments after the Chiefs offense showed that their current starters would not be able to keep up with younger, faster players.

Dec 9, 2005
I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in red & gold. He's playing lights out right now, and I think at the very least, we'd have an immediate improvement at QB.

Dec 2, 2006
There is no way the Eagles let Vick start the rest of the season without giving him a contract extension. If they plan to stick with him, he is not going anywhere. Find a veteran that does not make alot of mistakes, draft a young QB and bring him along slowly.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah they knew they had to make adjustments after the Chiefs offense showed that their current starters would not be able to keep up with younger, faster players.
I think it's actually going to be Bowman and Reggie Smith taking over since Smith is the first safety off the bench and our safeties are supposedly "interchangeable."

I'd still like to see Taylor Mays on defense this year.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I don't think Vick will sign elsewhere after the season, look at the weapons around him. But it's going to be week 4, we'll see what happens as the season goes on.

Apr 25, 2002
There is no way the Eagles let Vick start the rest of the season without giving him a contract extension. If they plan to stick with him, he is not going anywhere. Find a veteran that does not make alot of mistakes, draft a young QB and bring him along slowly.
I think their plan is to start Kolb in the future. They might let him sit another year to get prepared, but I think he'll be the starter next year regardless of how well Vick plays this year.

If they do let Vick go and we get him, we still need to find a QB for the future. They need to make some trades or do whatever the hell they have to do to get Luck or Locker in the draft. Vick will just be a stop-gap QB.

Dec 12, 2006
Im really gettin tired of everybody bitching about Alex Smith, I really think were spoiled and used to having amazing quarterbacks but people seem to forget the string of QBs that we have had on roster and starting since Garcia and TO took off, remember Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Trent Dilfer? thats not even naming a gang of others that were hella shittier than Alex Smith, for a couple years our best WR was Brandon Lloyd!!! We need mike martz right now and another wr and were fine. @Seattle Saints @KC @Falcons Eagles is a rough start period, im not suprised were 0-3 and all, if anything im surprised we played the Saints that close.

Crabtree and Josh Morgan is a decent 1 2 at best, and I really like Josh Morgan

Apr 25, 2002
Im really gettin tired of everybody bitching about Alex Smith, I really think were spoiled and used to having amazing quarterbacks but people seem to forget the string of QBs that we have had on roster and starting since Garcia and TO took off, remember Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Trent Dilfer? thats not even naming a gang of others that were hella shittier than Alex Smith, for a couple years our best WR was Brandon Lloyd!!! We need mike martz right now and another wr and were fine. @Seattle Saints @KC @Falcons Eagles is a rough start period, im not suprised were 0-3 and all, if anything im surprised we played the Saints that close.

Crabtree and Josh Morgan is a decent 1 2 at best, and I really like Josh Morgan
Tim Rattay >>>> Alex Smith.

You can try to blame it on being "spoiled," but the reality is Alex Smith doesn't have what it takes. He's inaccurate on short-intermediate throws, which doesn't cut it in the NFL. He actually is supposed to have a decent deep ball, but that doesn't matter because he's too fuckin scared to throw it. He doesn't go through progressions or allow plays to develop, settling on short underneath routes even when there is no pressure on him AT ALL. He gets flustered in the pocket and loses his composure whenever things start off poorly for him. He has little-to-no ball security. He consistently throws into double- and triple-coverage, off-target I might add.

You can get as sick of it as you want, but people will not stop talking bad about Alex Smith until all that shit is corrected. Let's face it, if it hasn't been corrected in 6 years, it's not going to be corrected at all. It has nothing to do with us being spoiled, it has everything to do with Alex Smith not being able to do what is expected of him. He's a mediocre-at-best QB in a pass-driven league, and that WILL NOT CUT IT.