2012 Dallas Cowboys thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
cowboys offense is inconsistent week in and week out they can look great one week the next look like they belong in pop warner
It isn't even week to week, it's fucking drive to drive.

I didn't see the game (was working, glad I missed this bullshit), but they fucking suck. Three of the five INTs didn't seem to be Romo's fault though.

Jun 24, 2005
This game was so fucking disappointing.

The Cowboys committed a ton of penalties (like always). They had terrible clock management at the end. The last catch by Dez, the other receivers were way down field and were just casually walking back to the line of scrimmage. Seriously guys, have some fucking urgency!!!

That chop block penalty that was called on Felix was bullshit. They GAVE the Ravens a touchdown when that asshole was running off the field, diagonally, instead of straight to the sideline, and was called for offside, which gave the Ravens a first down, which enabled them to get a touchdown, instead of a field goal.

Tony Romo's only INT, possibly took points off the board (at least a FG attempt) for the Cowboys, and led to the Ravens getting a TD. Almost every single mistake the Cowboys made, directly led to points for the Ravens.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
there's more to the problem than just tony romo. yes, he has made some terrible throws especially in the bears game, but a few of his interceptions were because the wrong route was ran, were tipped by a defensive player or because a wide receiver (kevin ogletree) couldn't catch the ball. in addition to ogletree, jason witten has had crucial drops in the giants and seahawks games, and dez bryant has had his share in the ravens game as well.

aside from the giants and ravens game, the offensive line has played terribly, pre-snap and during the play, meaning that there has been a good amount of false starts and holding penalties. i know there's been injuries at both guard and center positions, but the offensive line unit does not play with discipline, and tony romo doesn't get much time to throw. left tackle tyron smith has done well, but he and right tackle doug free are among the league leaders in false starts. new acquisition mackenzy bernadeau has played beyond shitty. with the exception of the ravens game, fullback lawrence vickers hasn't helped pave running lanes for demarco murray, as he did for arian foster and peyton hillis in houston and cleveland, respectively.

the cowboys defense has done a pretty good job against the run, ranked 14th, with the exception of the seahawks game...but i don't know how long they'll hold up the run defense due to many injuries along the defensive line. jay ratliff, marcus spears, kenyon coleman, josh brent, and sean lissemore have all missed some time this season.

the cowboys pass defense is currently ranked #1, but there's room to improve, and there has also been problems there. late in the ravens game, anquan boldin got 3-4 catches on new acquisition brandon carr, who along with rookie cornerback morris claiborne, are known for being press coverage cornerbacks with good ball hawking skills, but i read somewhere that out of the ravens 26 passing plays, the cowboys only played full press coverage on 8 of those plays, and played full off coverage 13 times.

plus, special teams has done a pretty shitty job so far, just alone with the seahawks game, with felix jones fumbling the opening kickoff, and chris jones getting his punt blocked...again in the ravens game, the cowboys kickoff coverage unit allows a record tying 108-yard kickoff return, and at the very end of the game, dan bailey misses the game winning field goal.

so although the cowboys are competitive, i don't think they're playing smart, or disciplined. during the offseason, the coaches have been stressing to play with urgency, but i haven't seen that at all during this season.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
romo didnt drop that 2 pt conversion
yeah, seriously...during the offseason, a lot of coaches have been raving about dez bryant. i've seen videos of him making crazy ass one-handed catches in practice while being double covered but dude can't make easy ass catches while being wide open, plus when he makes mistakes, he can't admit to them, and will blame the refs and ask for a call, just like when he didn't catch that 2 point conversion that would've tied the game vs. baltimore...

jerry jones fucked up by giving him that #88 jersey right off the bat.

Props: STICK

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
it starts with jerry jones and his hiring puppets
i agree with this too. wade phillips was a good defensive coordinator, and he has a good defense with the texans right now, but he wasn't a good head coach by any means.

now, although i think jason garrett might serve well as an offensive coordinator (but i hate how he abandons the run, see 2007 playoff game vs. new york giants), i don't think he's best suited as a head coach. i don't think he can light a fire under players to get them inspired for a game, unlike, let's say, bill cowher...

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
How yall think Felix will do?
i honestly can't say how felix jones will do this week. but it all starts with the offensive line. like i've mentioned in a couple posts above, the offensive line has played horribly with the exception of the giants and ravens game, and you saw that with the game vs. the seahawks. and they haven't been healthy as an entire unit up until the ravens game last week. fullback lawrence vickers hasn't done well for most of the season, but finally played well against the ravens...so it's either they regress back to the shitty play along with the numerous penalties, or continue to build on their 227 rushing yard performance from the ravens game into this week vs. the panthers. i also read that the panthers are also 23rd in rushing defense this year, so we'll see how that goes.

after failing the conditioning test during the offseason, as well as a horrible start of the season (again, see fumble in opening kickoff in seahawks game), felix had a nice game vs. the ravens showing his homerun threat speed. on his 22-yard touchdown he broke both a ray lewis and ed reed tackle, so it was nice to see that he can still be the change of pace back that compliments the physical style of demarco murray. i think he could be a serviceable player in the future for the cowboys, and if he wants to continue to be on the team, i think he'd have to play well since i believe this is a contract year for him. with demarco murray missing the game, the cowboys have a young power back, philip tanner to share carries with felix jones for the time being.

Jun 24, 2005
got damn it dez catch the fucking ball that shit hit you right in the hands for a fuckin TD now we have to kick a FG
...and then the motherfucker was crying for a flag! Anytime he doesn't catch it, he throws a tantrum to the refs for a penalty. Just fucking catch the ball.

Cowboys looked like shit today. They got the W, but I don't really think they deserved it. I'll take it though lol.

At the end, when they got the sack on Newton, dude was busy celebrating, like the Panthers weren't gonna be able to run another fucking play. That shit drives me insane. Know the situation and show some fucking urgency and get back into position.