2012 Dallas Cowboys thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
I was reluctant to make this, but fuck it, I've never made one of these threads in the sports forum.

They looked like shit in their first pre-season game. Same problems as last year...stupid ass penalties and shitty O-line play. Only thing they were missing for the trifecta of ineptitude was blowing the 4th quarter lead.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
again, i don't know what to expect this year...i just have another feeling it's gonna be another average year for the cowboys. as of right now, there's too many problems that need to be fixed, there's a lot of key players hurt (miles austin, jay ratliff, and numerous others)...but regardless i'll support the team if they go 0-16 or 16-0.

starting back to the days of the draft, i was happy that we got morris claiborne, because aside from mike jenkins, the cowboys' cornerbacks played like pure crap. we signed brandon carr from the chiefs, so i was unsure why jerry pulled that trigger to trade up for mo, because we could've used that pick on an interior lineman, which is another need for the team, such as stanford's david decastro. i believe if the cowboys want to reach their max potential, as well as minimize tony romo's mistakes, i believe they have to be successful as a run first team, like the 49ers. just based off the raiders pre-season game (i know it's pre-season and that doesn't matter) the cowboys couldn't run the ball well against the raiders' defense. i know there are many injuries so far to the interior offensive line, but i think decastro would've helped this team a lot. as everyone knows, it doesn't matter how talented your skill position players are, but if the offensive line doesn't play well, the entire offense won't have rhythm. on top of that, three of the cowboys best skill position players (miles austin, dez bryant, jason witten) are currently injured. to make matters worse, even the running backs (felix jones, demarco murray) are injury prone.

on to the defensive side of the ball, i'm looking forward to how well they play after a full offseason. i believe the cowboys have the pieces to become a good defensive team, just like the 49ers, but last year, after starting off well, the defensive backfield played horribly and the entire defensive unit did not live up to expectations. in order for them to become a good defensive team, first, the defensive backfield must improve, and second, they must play smart and disciplined, just like how i see when the 49ers defense plays.

i liked how the cowboys competed last year, and as a fan, it's painful seeing them lose multiple games by less than 7 points...but this year, they must play with more urgency, play more smart & disciplined, and most importantly, learn to finish games.

with that said, the cowboys have the players and the talent to go far...it's all a matter of them putting everything together. it's been a long offseason, so i'm looking forward to football season, i'll support the cowboys no matter what and fuck the faggot ass eagles.

Jun 24, 2005
^^^Well said, especially fuck the faggot ass Eagles. But also fuck the faggot ass Redskins and Giants as well.

One other thing, I wish Jerry Jones would STFU sometimes. During training camp talkin' about comin' to see the Cowboys kick the Giants' asses. In case he doesn't remember, the Cowboys have yet to beat the Giants in their new stadium, and we blew it against them both games last season. He doesn't need to give them any bulletin board material.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
like what they did on the defensive side of the ball except the safety part and the o-line needs to get shit together cause the center position is trash due to injuries
yeah interior offensive line is a huge problem right now, especially with the many injuries at both guard and center. both guard and center positions gotta be healthy by the time week 1 rolls around, they'll be facing a good defensive line with the new york giants.

again, pre-season games don't mean anything but i like the way the safeties played against the raiders. there were no plays of 20+ yard given up (longest play for the raiders was 18 yards), and dallas allowed a bunch of those last season. individually, gerald sensabaugh made a nice interception in the first drive on a bad carson palmer throw into double coverage, and the likely starter at strong safety, barry church, reacted well and made tackles immediately, stopping whoever the ball carrier/receiver was. i was thinking the cowboys would select a safety within the first 2-3 rounds, since we signed brandon carr from the chiefs, but we ended up getting matt johnson, a safety in the 4th round from eastern washington, who was said to have some good ballhawking ability. with that said, i'm sure norv turner will test church tomorrow, being that this will be his first season as a starter.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
^^^Well said, especially fuck the faggot ass Eagles. But also fuck the faggot ass Redskins and Giants as well.

One other thing, I wish Jerry Jones would STFU sometimes. During training camp talkin' about comin' to see the Cowboys kick the Giants' asses. In case he doesn't remember, the Cowboys have yet to beat the Giants in their new stadium, and we blew it against them both games last season. He doesn't need to give them any bulletin board material.
And they won the fuckin superbowl

Jun 24, 2005
Saw the highlights of the game against the Rams and Romo to Harris was working pretty good.

The Cowboys have set a bunch of guidelines for Dez Bryant, one of which is to have security with him at all times. I'm not saying it won't work, but remember the last player they did that with? Pacman Jones got into a fight with the guy who was supposed to be keeping him out of trouble. WTF???

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
the defense looked good last night stepped it up when they needed to and olgetree came through huge props to witten for playing and romo still tries to force it its only the first game so hope he clears those mistakes up FUCK NYG great win

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Solid game and a good start to the season.

The penalties were killing us, but other than that Romo, Murray and Ogletree all looked great. The D stepped up on the INT and got a nice stop. The revamped secondary looked good. It was also nice to see Elisha being pressured all game.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
thought the loss of robinson was gonna be huge but ogletree stepped it up and yeah way to many penalties need to cut down that shit like how we actually got pressure with the front line even without jay ratliff seachickens are up next