"2 step remix" - Clyde Carson & Royalty

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
djsincere510 said:
Throwing a verse on a Popular Track seems to be Roy's Signature....His biggest hit was Cassie's "Me & U" & Rihanna's "Unfaithful"....

But then to do the same formula on a Mims "this is why im hot",Ciara "promise" & Clyde Carson "2 step" track??.... I dunno its funnystyle to me....

its call i cant make a hit on my own so i gotta try and use someone elses song.....

Jan 26, 2003
www.RoyaltyOnline.com
interesting.... I appriciate all the feedback, and know I didnt disapear because I got roasted. I expect that to happen when I post something new on the bart board. This isnt where my fan base is strong at, but its still bay music, wether you agree or disagree, I'M FROM THE BAY AREA.

My fan base sceemed to really like the song, It has almost over 30,000 plays right now, with crazy ammounts of downloads per day. And every bulletin I post about the track, im giving CLYDE CARSON his respects and links to his myspace page. So you may see it as ruining the track, I see it as introducing people that may not know of CLYDE CARSON to him & his music.

My fan base is not limited to the bay area, I have 100,000 fan's spread across the whole U.S, CLYDES album will be released on a major, and will touch more markets than just the bay, so why not start introducing his music & movement to the "FEMALES" (witch most of you all sceem to speak so negative on) truth be told them females BUY records.

I dont remix songs, because I cant "make my own". Right now i currently have a new single titled "IM SORRY" in rotation on WILD 94.9, and I have had over 4 songs hit rotation on that station.

You may hate on me for personal reasons like some certain individuals i wont speak on, but we both know why.

You may not like me cuz your girlfriends do

you may hate the way i rap, i respect it ..i never claimed im the best.

But at the end of the day, Truth be told, im doing my thing, and on my grind, wether it be on myspace or not. It aint easy...a hustle is a hustle.

Continue the roast....

-ROYALTY

Mar 11, 2004
Yo royalty, don't let deez internet critics stop you from doin ya thang pimp. I like dat shit... Keep spittin.... OH AND MAYBE IF YOU SAID THIZZ OR HYPHY FIVE MILLION TIMES ON THE SIXTEEN MAYBE DEEZ FOOLS WOULD LIKE IT...

May 12, 2004
R0YALTY said:
interesting.... I appriciate all the feedback, and know I didnt disapear because I got roasted. I expect that to happen when I post something new on the bart board. This isnt where my fan base is strong at, but its still bay music, wether you agree or disagree, I'M FROM THE BAY AREA.

My fan base sceemed to really like the song, It has almost over 30,000 plays right now, with crazy ammounts of downloads per day. And every bulletin I post about the track, im giving CLYDE CARSON his respects and links to his myspace page. So you may see it as ruining the track, I see it as introducing people that may not know of CLYDE CARSON to him & his music.

My fan base is not limited to the bay area, I have 100,000 fan's spread across the whole U.S, CLYDES album will be released on a major, and will touch more markets than just the bay, so why not start introducing his music & movement to the "FEMALES" (witch most of you all sceem to speak so negative on) truth be told them females BUY records.

I dont remix songs, because I cant "make my own". Right now i currently have a new single titled "IM SORRY" in rotation on WILD 94.9, and I have had over 4 songs hit rotation on that station.

You may hate on me for personal reasons like some certain individuals i wont speak on, but we both know why.

You may not like me cuz your girlfriends do

you may hate the way i rap, i respect it ..i never claimed im the best.

But at the end of the day, Truth be told, im doing my thing, and on my grind, wether it be on myspace or not. It aint easy...a hustle is a hustle.

Continue the roast....

-ROYALTY
I can respect that...Keep hustlin homie..wish the best for ya

MALKI

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
cuzzo got hella groupies, regardless of the content of the song. hella plays 2 i dont know how ya did it but keep doing it.

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
myspace friends=fanbase????

myspace is a great promo tool, but at the end of the day, you gotta hit the streets too. posters, flyers, shake hands and kiss babies and stuff. there are like 20 different friend adder programs out there that you can purchase for like 20 bucks that automatically send like 500 requests per day. if you had a fanbase like that, you would be doing better than cats like cash money, slim thug, mike jones etc, before they got deals...... even if only 25% of your "fanbase" bought your music you would be making almost 200,000 a year. which would make you one of the highest grossing income independent artists in CALIFORNIA....

an artist like clyde carson has put in EXTENSIVE street grind in...selling cds, rapping at small shows, and working with artists. i been in the streets with carson, performed on the same small bills and went through the same grind and hustle. let clyde bubble on his song before we start with the "diddy" remixes how can you expose his music to more people than capitol can???? trust, clyde is a cool cat, if he wanna do a remix with you, he will reach out to you or you can get at him....the label has only been pushin it for a month or so....

just cause a chick says your cute, dont make you the truth in the booth, just gets you the ass a lil quicker...lol

Jan 26, 2003
www.RoyaltyOnline.com
doodiejones said:
myspace friends=fanbase????

myspace is a great promo tool, but at the end of the day, you gotta hit the streets too. posters, flyers, shake hands and kiss babies and stuff. there are like 20 different friend adder programs out there that you can purchase for like 20 bucks that automatically send like 500 requests per day. if you had a fanbase like that, you would be doing better than cats like cash money, slim thug, mike jones etc, before they got deals...... even if only 25% of your "fanbase" bought your music you would be making almost 200,000 a year. which would make you one of the highest grossing income independent artists in CALIFORNIA....

an artist like clyde carson has put in EXTENSIVE street grind in...selling cds, rapping at small shows, and working with artists. i been in the streets with carson, performed on the same small bills and went through the same grind and hustle. let clyde bubble on his song before we start with the "diddy" remixes how can you expose his music to more people than capitol can???? trust, clyde is a cool cat, if he wanna do a remix with you, he will reach out to you or you can get at him....the label has only been pushin it for a month or so....

just cause a chick says your cute, dont make you the truth in the booth, just gets you the ass a lil quicker...lol
Lol...

that old story huh..."you built your myspace with a friend adder"

truth be told, myspace only allows you to send out 250 - 300 friend request per day. Before you "exceed your limit" for that day. Now let's see how many of those 300 you send out actually accept you as a friend, estimate would be around 30.. so 30 people you successfully added in one day. So if you did that hustle for 365 days you would gain 10,950 fans in ONE year. I have been on my "grind" sence mothers day of 06, and have gained over 100,000 fans from then till now. There is NO ROBOT on the market that can build you that. Word of mouth on the internet, works the same way as it does in the streets. People sceem to not realize,that on the other end of the computer screen, there is a REAL person. If you disagree look at my comments, every 2 minutes there is a REAL person leaving a REAL message, "robots" can not create that loyalty.

People can try to be little what I have built for the fact its the "internet", but honestly, its 2007.. The internet is the NEW streets, as much as you hate to admit to it. Times have changed, instead of spending 8 hrs a day in the streets of the bay, and gaining a couple more local fans. Why not spend 8 hours on a website, that allowed you to contact people from all over the world?...everyone in the bay is a rapper, not everyone in the middle of alabama is....

Open up a store on myspace, is just like selling out of the trunk. I do NOT work a 9 to 5. I survive well from MYSPACE, i have moved alot of units of my album & mixtape through my page, as well as female & male clothing. Whats the difference between your hustle and mine?...we both eating

When i DO hit the clubs, and perform, those people on the other end of the screens do COME OUT, and are FRONT ROW. I do not say any of this to bost myself or be arrogant and say I hustle harder than the next man. I walked through the mall in arizona, and have been spotted by fans all from the power of "myspace". The slideshow on my page is filled with over 200 pictures I have taken with fans I have met in the STREETS, that i gained from the internet.

How many people in new mexico know of Clyde carson? or mistah fab?... its bigger than the bay.....theres a world outside of our area codes....

KEEP GRINDIN..... I WILL

-ROYALTY

Oct 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
you sound ignorant as fuck talkin about the internet is the new streets...

you obviously aint from the streets thats why you label yourself the king of myspace. your fanbase, sales, pics, raps means absolutely nuthin to me so im not hating on you at all but if you think you can come to the "streets" and spit that myspace bullshit then you got the grind all fucked up...

you can be online and lie to the net all you want about your bars, giving new fans to clyde carson, being a king of some sort, etc.. but when it comes to the "streets" i GURANTEE you that your shit wouldnt fly past 8 bars, niggas would clown you for pokin ya lips out (females too), niggas would clown you for callin yourself the king of myspace, niggas would clown you PERIOD so please dont label the internet the new "streets"

please proceed with your bullshit

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
R0YALTY said:
Lol...

truth be told, myspace only allows you to send out 250 - 300 friend request per day. Before you "exceed your limit" for that day. Now let's see how many of those 300 you send out actually accept you as a friend, estimate would be around 30.. so 30 people you successfully added in one day. So if you did that hustle for 365 days you would gain 10,950 fans in ONE year. I have been on my "grind" sence mothers day of 06, and have gained over 100,000 fans from then till now. There is NO ROBOT on the market that can build you that. Word of mouth on the internet, works the same way as it does in the streets. People sceem to not realize,that on the other end of the computer screen, there is a REAL person. If you disagree look at my comments, every 2 minutes there is a REAL person leaving a REAL message, "robots" can not create that loyalty.

People can try to be little what I have built for the fact its the "internet", but honestly, its 2007.. The internet is the NEW streets, as much as you hate to admit to it. Times have changed, instead of spending 8 hrs a day in the streets of the bay, and gaining a couple more local fans. Why not spend 8 hours on a website, that allowed you to contact people from all over the world?...everyone in the bay is a rapper, not everyone in the middle of alabama is....

Open up a store on myspace, is just like selling out of the trunk. I do NOT work a 9 to 5. I survive well from MYSPACE, i have moved alot of units of my album & mixtape through my page, as well as female & male clothing. Whats the difference between your hustle and mine?...we both eating

When i DO hit the clubs, and perform, those people on the other end of the screens do COME OUT, and are FRONT ROW. I do not say any of this to bost myself or be arrogant and say I hustle harder than the next man. I walked through the mall in arizona, and have been spotted by fans all from the power of "myspace". The slideshow on my page is filled with over 200 pictures I have taken with fans I have met in the STREETS, that i gained from the internet.

How many people in new mexico know of Clyde carson? or mistah fab?... its bigger than the bay.....theres a world outside of our area codes....

KEEP GRINDIN..... I WILL

-ROYALTY
haha ...........nigga.......WHAT THA FUCK?!

May 10, 2002
While I'm waiting on the Bears to do something on offense, I figure I'd chime in:

This is an interesting little debate. You have 2 different ends of the spectrum that are "doing it".

I'm not a fan of the whole, take someone elses "hot track" and (just because it's a hot track), lending your voice to it. That's Clyde Carson's song, let him have HIS song. Same goes for anybody else's song you decide to add your voice to. If Afro Man put a silly sounding verse on a pretty sounding Royalty track, you might not like that (for the sake of this argument you may or may not acknowledge that though).

-ALSO-

Whenever you create an unauthorized remix, technically, you're committing copyright infringement and could be held accountable for your actions.

Ever since myspace came through with the music store thing, I've seen more and more cats with single tracks and whole albums up for sale. I mean shit, if you can sell units and make money that way, more power to you. Nowadays you can't look at myspace any different than you would have looked at your own dedicated site selling your stuff a couple of years ago. It's pretty much the same thing.

Like Ebay: I know mufuckas who make a grip off of buying and reselling shit on ebay. You got people who like the fact that they can spend money online and get what they want without having to leave the house. That's what online commerce is all about. You target those people (especially the kiddies with all of the disposable income nowadays) and you can make a living if you're dedicated to it.

On the real real though - Royalty let Clyde have his song man. Clyde hasn't even had a chance to run with it yet. You should take that shit off of your page. Or at the least you shouldn't go around saying Clyde 'Carson & Royalty' like y'all did the song together. Artistically and business wise, that's a bad look.

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
R0YALTY said:
Lol...

KEEP GRINDIN..... I WILL

-ROYALTY
lmao..."the internet is the new streets"....haha..."myspace is just like cumin out the trunk"...NO, cause you cant have a muthafucka come and pocket check yo ass over the internet....there is no way you actually out in the streets...

May 19, 2006
I highly doubt Clyde needs your help for promotion..Hes signed to a major and being backed by the BIGGEST west coast artist..Not to mention Clyse and The Team have had the BAY on lock for the last couple of years with ORIGINAL MUSIC and not needing a so called "Remix" to get airplay

May 10, 2002
jr916 said:
lmao..."the internet is the new streets"....haha..."myspace is just like cumin out the trunk"...NO, cause you cant have a muthafucka come and pocket check yo ass over the internet....there is no way you actually out in the streets...
Now that brings up an interesting point...

So, Royalty is about his money which everybody (gangstas, thugs, squares, broads, bitches, etc...) can respect, but you can LOSE that respect depending on the manner in which you go about getting your money??

I'm not defending the "internet is the new streets" ideology. Even though I get what he's talking about and in a way he's right if you really think about it.

What you're saying here can be misinterpreted as you saying that in order to be a rapper you HAVE to put yourself in danger to make your money. Which likens the rap "game" to the crack "game"...

Remember kids, this is music we're talkin about. Unfortunately, the subject matter in the rap music has been so redundant for so long that the line between street and music is permanently blurred...

Fuckin Grossman... smh ... the fuck is he doing out there??

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
MrPeete said:
Now that brings up an interesting point...

So, Royalty is about his money which everybody (gangstas, thugs, squares, broads, bitches, etc...) can respect, but you can LOSE that respect depending on the manner in which you go about getting your money??

I'm not defending the "internet is the new streets" ideology. Even though I get what he's talking about and in a way he's right if you really think about it.

What you're saying here can be misinterpreted as you saying that in order to be a rapper you HAVE to put yourself in danger to make your money. Which likens the rap "game" to the crack "game"...

Remember kids, this is music we're talkin about. Unfortunately, the subject matter in the rap music has been so redundant for so long that the line between street and music is permanently blurred...

Fuckin Grossman... smh ... the fuck is he doing out there??
i was just sayin its proly better he set up shop over the internet, cause if his ass tried to sell me a CD, i would laugh at his fruity ass.......or take all his shit, depends on what kinda day im havin