Your top non-rap releases of 2007 (updates anyone?)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Jake said:
i think our lastFM compatibility just went down cause i have 3 on my page and you dont...
That's because Rush and a bunch of BaccPacc shit is your top stuff.
And for some reason probably set up so I wouldn't kill myself, I was online for 10 minutes and actually got the whole album to download. Up to Serpents In Disguise and this is awesome

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Add Teeth of Mammals self titled album to my list. I don't know if it's released yet or not but I don't think it is (was supposed to drop the end of May I think.) I tracked it down but it doesn't have song titles. The album fucking rocks though, it's in my top 5 for sure. I'll upload it sometime tommorow but you can check out there stuff here...

http://www.myspace.com/teethofmammals

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
So as we enter the 4th quarter quite a few new (and great) albums have came out. So what are some albums people would add to their lists? Here is my updated top 10.

1. Pygmylush - Bitter River / Battles - Mirrored (fuck you, I can't decide)
2. Teeth of Mammals - Self Titled
3. Circa Survive - On Letting Go
4. Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice
5. The Fall of Troy - Manipulator
6. Kidcrash - Jokes
7. Hopesfall - Magentic North
8. Ghastly City Sleep - Self Titled
9. Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb
10. L'antietam - Arthur Carr

Of course albums that were on the list that got bumped off would then go into my "honorable mention" section.

Some other honorable mentions to add to my original would be:

Destroyer Destroyer - Littered With Arrows (would prob even be top 10 if not for the recycled tracks, kicks ass none the less though)

Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Cease Upon the Capitol - Self Titled 2007
Torche - Self Titled (Reissue)
Funeral Diner/Ampere - Split
Daitro/Ampere - Split
Someplace To Hide/Damezumari/Steeples - 3 Way Split
Logs - 7" (members of Kidcrash, good shit)

Eh, I'm sure there is a few others I'm forgetting to add.

Plus we have three more months to go so that means a lot more albums. 2007 has been a great fucking year.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The next 2 months might single handedly change my top 5 with Motion City Soundtrack, Dethklok, Taking Back Sunday, Coheed, Jimmy Eat World, Moros Eros, Saves the Day and Thrice

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol @ Dethklok.

Here is that GCS for you Smurf, such a good fucking album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zgndz9xgyd

Not my link but the one I used before I got the album and it sounds like a CD rip to me, if not let me know and I'll rip right from my CD.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I still haven't listened to that new BTBAM yet. I'll have to do that on the bus ride tommorow.

Some new Dawn Treader and Day Without Daw will be dope if it happens.

I didn't know Saves the Day was coming out with a new album, thanks for the heads up RJ. I love that fucking band.

Fuck Motion City Soundtrack though, I can't stand them.

Desert City Soundtrack > Motion City Soundtrack.

Desert City Soundtrack myspace page.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
B-Buzz said:
The next 2 months might single handedly change my top 5 with Motion City Soundtrack, Dethklok, Taking Back Sunday, Coheed, Jimmy Eat World, Moros Eros, Saves the Day and Thrice
What you mean TBS? They wont have a new album until at least 2008. They are going to start writing it and the pre-production begins a couple weeks after Projekt Revolution ends. Some of the writing is probably done actually, but who knows. All I know is that if it were less than a few months away i would have already been freaking out, haha

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Psilo707 said:
What you mean TBS? They wont have a new album until at least 2008. They are going to start writing it and the pre-production begins a couple weeks after Projekt Revolution ends. Some of the writing is probably done actually, but who knows. All I know is that if it were less than a few months away i would have already been freaking out, haha
They've got a B-sides album coming out on 10/30. I'm hoping it's gonna be a lot of Tell All Your Friends-era shit.

And here's what I understand about what Thrice is doing, which I think is gonna be insane. They're doing a 4 EP project called The Alchemy Index. Each of the EPs has a different name of an element. Fire, water, earth, air. And each EP's feel is going to go with the element, so fire is the heavy album, water is the laid back one, earth is the really gritty one, and air is the really ambient one. Fire and Water are coming out in October and Air and Earth are coming out early next year.

And Dethklok is going to be the greatest album ever made.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
B-Buzz said:
They've got a B-sides album coming out on 10/30. I'm hoping it's gonna be a lot of Tell All Your Friends-era shit.
Oh yeah, shit, I had heard about that and forgot to follow up on it. I usually dont trust B-Side albums and feel they usually come off as average-to-mediocre. But you're right, if it's Tell All Your Friends style type of stuff, Im sold instantly. Although I do have to say I love all 3 of their CD's and I think each one is fucking awesome in its own way. Louder Now had more filler tracks than I'd hoped for, but songs like Liar and Spin almost make up for it.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Nuttkase said:
Haha, love the Superbad sig Psilo.

Any updates on your albums? I need some new shit to check out that's good.
I've been slacking lately for a couple of big reasons, one is that I just got back from Europe, was there since July 17.. and during that time I was totally and unbelievably cut off from the music world, besides for listening to american mainstream music remixed into techno songs while in European Clubs.. LOL.

Im also moving (staying in SD) so thats taking my time away too. I swear, when I go through periods in my life where Im not able to listen to music for at least a few hours at *minimum* every day, I start feeling out of place and like im missing something in life. I think music pretty much controls my existence more than anything else.

I'll be able to blast some new tunes soon and will let ya know if I find anything quality that you guys would dig.

(and lol yeah I made the McLovin gif today, and I bet you anything it will start spreading and get used all over the net. But you seen it here first! :))

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I FUCKING TOLD YOU!!!! It's the most brutal album ever made.

Shiv, check.
Pipe, check.
Hammer, check.
Axe, check.
Subject, check.
Location, check.
Desire, check.
Vengence, check.
MURDER
MURDER MURDER MURDER

May 8, 2005
Atreyu - Lead Sails Paper Anchor
Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
Bruce Hathcock - Explicit (its a mixtape tho)

these are the only ones i own so far.