Ying Yang Twinz' Artists Da Muzicianz Speak On The "Go Dumb" Issue!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2005
In 2004, The Bay Area's Federation jumped off a movement with their song titled "Go Dumb" produced by superproducer Rick Rock. Fast forward one year later: Atlanta based Ying Yang Twinz' D-Roc, Ball, and Courny form the group Da Muzicianz, and set things off with their new song of that same name, "Go Dumb". Fans and residents of the Bay are in outrage once they hear this, viewing this as another concept or slang word being borrowed with no credit given to it's originators. Well, West Coast Rydaz decided to bring it to you from Da Muzicianz themselves, rather then let people sit back and assume things, or let a rift between the Bay and South come as a result.

Ball, of Da Muzicianz clears up their intentions with the song, and explain that it was just a movement they recognized and wanted to spread out to everyone else. They also mention that a remix with Bay Area rappers is also in the works! While no specific names were mentioned, we will bring yall an update on that as soon as we find out. Listen in to the statement from Ball:

Da Muzicianz On The "Go Dumb" Situation

D-Roc, who is one half of the Ying Yang Twinz as well as a member of Da Muzicianz, also had this to say about the situation:

"I wanted to blow up the Bay area for what they do. When I came and saw the whole Go Dumb at every angle and aspect, I wanted to make sure that the Bay area get the proper shine for what they created. I know that you feel that nobody will help the Bay area get into the mainstream, that is why I did it. If nobody else, I want the bay area to blow up because when I tried to explain it to someone else, they didn't understand it. I wanted to do a south version to help the Bay area go mainstream. I would be crazy to take credit for something that I didn't create. I thank yall for supporting my career and would never do anything to jeopardize what I have built with my fans in the Bay area. I don't think that we should jump to conclusions that I am on some thieving shit. So Go Dumb. Hanh!!!!!!"

For those who aren't familiar with what's being discussed here, you can check out the cover of the single by clicking the thumbnail above. Click here to check out the back cover, and of course you can listen to the song in question here: Go Dumb.

Apr 18, 2005
UNLESS THEY SAY STR8 UP "HYPHY/GO DUMB IS FRM THE BAY" IN THEIR HOOKS AND PUSH THE BAY 150% IN THAT SONG, I WNT BE DOWN WIT THAT. THAZ SUMTHIN THE SOUTH WULD CATCH ON TO SUPER QUIKIE AND THEZE FOO'Z WULD MAKE THEIR $$$ OFF IT REGARDLESS OF THEM SAYIN "I WOULD BE CRAZY TO TAKE CREDIT FOR SUMTHIN I DIDNT CREATE" BOOSHOO....

Apr 22, 2005
that was the sorriest fakest turn around comment ever made lol nigga said he did it to help us come up by making "their" version of it.Nobody believes mentally challenged people d-roc altho we might have bitten the whole ridin on a yellow bus from these fools

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
you know damn well if this song didnt leak for all tha bay fans to hear and complain ,"da muzicianz" woulda took this song and ran with it if it went mainstream, i give them props for deading tha song but them doing a song called go dumb would never help the bay out ,i'm wonderin who's gon b on tha remix and he said over in l.a. they get hyphy wtf haha

May 29, 2002
I too think it was a case of them trying to make money off of what the bay started, but from all the pictures i have seen of the single, they clearly give credit to the bay on the cover and in the song they mention the bay. what they should have done is put e-40 or keak or whoever from the bay they wanted from the jump and given them the first verse to start it off and let everyone know whats real

Nov 1, 2004
Whoever gets on the remix better outshine them. Atleast it shows that the south recognizes the potential. Also, the song didn't "leak", they posted it on their message boards with the covers & everything with the oakland props.

Feb 12, 2004
LOL THIS INTERVIEW SHOWS ME HOW BADLY WE AREN'T RECOGNIZED OUTSIDE OF NOR CAL. BASICALLY THESE GUYS GOT THEIR HANDS ON THE GO DUMB USA DVD WHICH WAS FILMED ALL IN OAKLAND, WATCHED IT AND DECIDED TO MAKE A SONG BASED OFF IT. THEY HAVE NO ACTUAL CLUE ABOUT THE HYPHY/GO DUMB/STUPID MOVEMENT GOING ON. THEY THINK HYPHY IS FROM LA!! THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE NAME OF THE ARTISTS WHO WILL BE FEATURED ON THEIR SONG.

Nov 1, 2005
fuck them...they want a south version...and possibly a bay mix???? there is no south goin dumb its tha bay....shit...i thot they aint gonna do tha song no more?

Feb 12, 2004
THIS IS NO EXPOSURE. THEY SAID HYPHY WAS FROM LA. THESE CATS DONT KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT OUR BAY CULTURE AND COULD CARELESS. THEY DIDNT GET THE IDEA OF GO DUMB FROM A DRE, FED, FABBY, ETC. TRACK OR FOLLOWING OUR SHIT. THEY GOT IT FROM THE GO DUMB USA DVD. THE ONLY REASON THEY DROPPED IT WAS BECAUSE OF ALL THE BAY AREA FANS HITTING UP EVERY MESSAGE BOARD THIS WAS POSTED ON LETTING THEM KNOW WHATS UP AND SUPPOSEDLY 40 TALKING TO THEIR MANAGER(WHICH THEY DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHEN IT WAS BROUGHT UP IF ANYONE GOT AT THEM ABOUT IT).