Y Keyshia Cole Act Like She Neva Herad Of Tech N9ne** @ Da KC Summerjam****

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 5, 2005
U rap niggas be on that Hollyhood shit too, but cant even get a free burrito from the truck where ya from.

LMAO !!!

NIGGA SAID THEY CANT EVEN GET A BURRITO....

DAS REAL SHIT THO...

ARTICLE said:
http://www.inkkc.com/article/520

Less than 24 hours after his triumphant concert “homecoming” — an 80-minute set that highlighted KPRS’s Summer Jam at Sandstone Amphitheater — Tech N9ne is seething.

“Keyshia Cole and the concert security fucked up my whole night,” he complained. “It’s all because I’m not on TV. The chip on my shoulder is getting bigger.”

For three weeks, ever since Kansas City’s urban, powerhouse radio station invited the city’s local rap star to share top billing with Cole and rapper T.I., Tech N9ne had fantasized about how Friday night would play out.

The show was his black resurrection, a chance to reconnect with the inner-city audience that adored him throughout the 1990s and abandoned him in the new millennium as the perception of his music and image pinballed from gangsta to Juggalo to demonic to dope fiend.

Tech N9ne, real name Aaron Yates, envisioned Summer Jam as a moment to set the record straight with his urban audience. He anticipated a drama-free, emotional catharsis. Most of his family, baited by Hot 103’s nonstop hyping of the show, requested tickets. His mother, Maudie Yates, a deeply religious woman, even agreed to attend the concert, her first-ever Tech N9ne live performance.

Friday’s gig in front of 6,000 fans, with N9ne’s set sandwiched between a major R&B singer (Cole) and one of the biggest names in hip-hop (T.I.), provided Tech the perfect showcase to floss his newfound financial success as an independent artist and overwhelm disgruntled African-American fans with a high-energy show.

His fantasy was ruined long before he hit the stage at 8 p.m. Upon arriving at Sandstone — concert promoters told me — the 24-year-old Cole learned she would perform before Tech N9ne and immediately exploded, demanding that she be driven back to her hotel, refusing to play.

Over the next several hours, promoters said they negotiated with Cole’s representatives about a resolution. Her appearance was canceled at least twice, they said, and both sides threatened lawsuits.

Eventually Cole’s tour manager requested a meeting with Travis O’Guin, Tech’s partner at Strange Music. The conversation turned heated and ugly, O’Guin said. The Cole camp said it had never heard of Tech N9ne. O’Guin countered with Pollstar numbers that reflected Tech N9ne’s remarkable tour strength. He’s one of only three rap acts (Jay-Z and Kanye West are the others) in the top 50 for concert ticket sales. Cole is not in the top 50.

While the camps bickered backstage, concert-goers baked in the near 90-degree temperatures for more than an hour waiting for the final three acts: Cole, N9ne and T.I.

“To be honest, we didn’t really care about  who performed first,” O’Guin said Saturday. “Our thing was about making sure it was dark outside because we have an impactful lights show, and we needed the sun to go down behind the hill.”

A compromise was reached. N9ne would perform 10 to 15 minutes before he’d originally agreed, and Cole would go on after him and do half of her show.

“I love Keyshia Cole,” N9ne said. “I love her music. I love her story. She’s from Oakland. She should know I’m part of The Regime with (Oakland rapper) Yukmouth and all of them. Even if she didn’t know, one of her dancers started with me. Her people didn’t have to belittle me. They didn’t have to come with this, ‘I ain’t performing after no local nigga’ shit.”

“We have no comment on any of that,” said Manny Halley, CEO of Imani Entertainment Group and Keyshia Cole’s manager. “This must be some kind of publicity stunt.”

Tech endured one more blow to his ego before the end of the night. Not long after he completed his performance, Sandstone security ordered that he and his entourage vacate the backstage area.

“The shit was embarrassing,” he fumed Saturday. “In front of my mama, they made me act a nigga. They said they were going to call the federal marshals. I said, ‘Go get ’em. We ain’t leaving without my set.’ Fuck that. They fucked up my whole night.”

A slight exaggeration. Not only did security let him stay, but Tech and his crew joined KPRS deejay Sean Tyler and former Kansas City Chief Eric Warfield at Club N.V. for some post-concert partying. And, more importantly, the backstage drama failed to overshadow a performance by Tech and label mates Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun that was universally hailed as the best of the day and evening.

By the time Tech closed his show — with his hardcore white fans and skeptical black supporters all mouthing the words to longtime club-banger “I’m A Playa” — it was clear that the Kansas City King is well on his way to reclaiming all of his Kansas City Kingdom.

- GEEzUz

May 30, 2006
dude gets mad love in kc and a lot of other places, but i would be willing to bet everything that if you check the sound scan she has out sold dude 2 to 1 in his area
Yeah but check the ticket sales & Tech is shitting on her 3 to 1. Techs business partner Travis made a good point. She might outsell Tech 2 to 1 but in KC I bet Techs sales outsell hers by a mile. She could of atleast did it cuz it was his home town. I love Keyshia Coles music & she seemed like a female that came from the hood under a lot of abuse from men & family but over came that & it dissapoints me that she would flip out & be so disrespectful. The money & fame she's getting has really gotten to her head. If she getting paid to do a show then it shouldn't matter.

Tech is a real nice guy & he was disrespected & told by his peoples they had to leave after their set. I think this story should get more coverage cuz these recording artist with fucked up egos need to be put on blast. But it won't cuz Techs underground but if it was P Diddy or or Kanye it would be all over hip hop news.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Imagine Rihanha wanting to perform before E-40 in the bay, ill throw a fuckin beer bottle at that bitches head for getting out of pocket.

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
^ actually wouldnt you want her to perform BEFORE 40 if she was in the bay??? 40 would be the headliner....

Jan 19, 2006
wow, the more I hear about keyshia's diva antics the less I like her. She really isn't popular enough to be acting like that.

Tech has the white suburban dollar on lock, he's fit to blow up, if not in the mainstream, at least financially.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
No, she sounds like an artist who knows her worth. It makes sense Keyshia is a well known singer and to go on before an independent rapper doesn't really make sense...im sure Tech's performance is tight and he gets the crowd amped but on paper it wouldnt look right.

Sep 1, 2006
If she did go on before him, a lot of people would of seen her show. I know I left after Tech, as did a lot of others. Her show isn't all that exciting anyway. She was having a wardrobe malfunction or something when I was leaving. Her back up singer had to fix her dress.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Some of yall may be thinking she being fucked up but think about it. In entertainment image is everything, sometimes not everything is as they really are(what the fuck did I say) Anyways she was smart to make this stance...she is the one with albums at the top of the chart right now..( not saying she is or isn't better then Tech) if she went first rumors would go around she fell off and is opening up for underground artists....remember appearance is everything..does it really matter who goes first in all practicality No, however its a smart move to appear like you are in demand not falling off and opening for local acts...I know its early and I may be hard to understand..haha

Jun 20, 2006
well she shouldn't open for tech, shes a way bigger star then him
shut the fuck up....tech n9ne shuts down stages after hes done...he went on the FIre and Ice Tour wit paul wall and wall said theres no way im goin on AFTER tech...i want the fans to have energy left when i perform....FUK keyshia cole damnitt...and if she is from the bay then she should know tech becuz the bay fuk wit tech real hard.

May 31, 2008
lol @ these nerdy ass siccness members surprised nobody heard of no weird ass tech-9, that nigga is a str8 fruit loop, ya'll probably like insane clown posse too