Why Doesnt A-Wax have any shows in the bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2004
Most upcoming artists would jump at the opportunity to do a show to build your brand and get the word out there. 300 or not, its also promo opportunity and a chance to sell more records.

I cant not tell you how many shows we did for free or for 500 or less. It greatly benefited us as a whole to get the parties rockin and promote. That is how you build a brand.

Not sure how you can continue to move forward when your selling less than 3k on your albums and turn down shows in your hometown. If you don't have your own place locked down, chances are your not doing shows elsewhere either.

He is a good artist tho. Aside from it all, he is really good.

I wore my 17's today and remembered how good 65 gz waz. My guess is he either does not know how to do a show, or he is scared from what may happen to him if he does given what he did on his smear campaign from 05-10
FRANK I DONT KNOW YOU TO SPECULATE ON WHY YOU DO ANYTHING IN LIFE SO I WONT.
THANKS TO EVERYBODY ON HERE DEFENDING ME I LOVE YALL & I WANNA DO SUMMERJAM SHOWS NOT TIMEOUT.HATERS THANKS FOR KEEPING MY NAME ON THE TOP OF THE FORUM.I CAN ONLY KNOCK DOWN ONE STEREO TYPE ABOUT ME @ A TIME & THIS IS THE ONLY ONE HATERS HAVE LEFT. THINK BIGGER YA'LL - I DO

Dec 28, 2009
an artist is going to get paid based on how many people they can get to a venue. too short, e40, andre nickatina get paid thousands to perform in the bay. most artists will never achieve that and most artists arent even worth 300. so make all the excuses in the world (not enough money, no venues, dog ate my homework, etc) but actions do speak louder than words. and imma keep it real too. the most i get paid for a show is gas money but you know what? my fans appreciate it and ive managed to build a bit of a following from those shows. imma be at the club anyways........... why not get my shine on? and fyi there are plenty of artists out there that are paying to open up at the shows im performing at and i never have to pay. lol

Dec 28, 2009
FRANK I DONT KNOW YOU TO SPECULATE ON WHY YOU DO ANYTHING IN LIFE SO I WONT.
THANKS TO EVERYBODY ON HERE DEFENDING ME I LOVE YALL & I WANNA DO SUMMERJAM SHOWS NOT TIMEOUT.HATERS THANKS FOR KEEPING MY NAME ON THE TOP OF THE FORUM.I CAN ONLY KNOCK DOWN ONE STEREO TYPE ABOUT ME @ A TIME & THIS IS THE ONLY ONE HATERS HAVE LEFT. THINK BIGGER YA'LL - I DO
andre nickatina rocked timeout on a monday night. monday night is open mic night there. it was a free show. it wasnt advertised. he was there and rocked that shit. you gotta respect that shit.

Nov 16, 2010
www.themancavemag.com
Why are people hating on $300? lol. I might not make thousands of dollars to do a show in my hometown, but I have a 3 year old car I paid off in full and have my own house. Just because a cat takes a smaller amount of money to perform in his hometown doesn't mean he isn't making his money. How many of you make $300 for 15-20 minutes of work? I wake up, jump out of my Cal-King, shower, and walk 7 feet to work. Not a whole lot of people can say that.

In any case, Wax does his thing...he can demand the $ because he has a name and the game. And honestly, a lot of promoters in the bay are greedy...they want to make $ but not pay anybody to perform.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
the thing about $300 is that you either give a fuck about $300 or you don't.

you can't be mad at someone for giving a fuck about $300 and you can't be mad at someone for not. it's subjective, to some people $300 matters to others it doesn't.

Dec 28, 2009
$300 is an imaginary figure. i dont know who pulled that number out there ass and why? but i love reading all the ignoarant shit people have to say on the matter. no offense to those that know what they are talking about and keep it real.

Aug 14, 2009
Fillmoe
im a moron but you white niggas is in your mid thirties talkin shit on the internet,which never seems to amaze me. and always stay talkin bout some stupid shit.

bottom line is bridges should of never got burnt,i can give a fuck less or 2 shits why anything started in the first place, because it will never make me or break me,i'am a supporter of good music but I keep everything real and true with everything that i do and will continue to do so. The south is a great mecca for music shit and i have solid top industry contacts out there as well,if someone like wax can stay pushing his shit in a positive way and "IF" he doesnt burn any more bridges especially down there then he can do some big things.

so my words don't carry weight cuz u don't like what i say?who gives a fuck about niggas u anyway? all this clown shit is so beneath me,which is why yal on here talkin bout a bunch of nothing. there is money in rotation so everybody can eat,patch up relationships,stop talking shit and then utilize the millions who live here in the bay and work on your home base. if you can't do that then stop getting mad when someone from the bay speaks about you,its going to happen in private and public its been going on and prolly won't ever stop.

Never have i said wax is not a good rapper,i got a lot of his shit,however i speak for what i know,if you don't agree with it,fuck you so what, get yo money and move on. I can't believe the nerve of you muthafuckas half the time..another reason why i dont like fucking with cats in the bay.

blood its like 2011, muthauckas should be doing way better things,like this is the first artist to be around major industry artist or signed to their labels. waka is big but at the same time don't act like he is the best thing since corn flakes either. a much better impression is someone who is doing independent shit and blowing up big time on a national scale and is supported on every level of the industry and is blowing cats out the water,its 2011,and cats out here running round like its 2002 or 03

Feb 16, 2006
Why are people hating on $300? lol. I might not make thousands of dollars to do a show in my hometown, but I have a 3 year old car I paid off in full and have my own house. Just because a cat takes a smaller amount of money to perform in his hometown doesn't mean he isn't making his money. How many of you make $300 for 15-20 minutes of work? I wake up, jump out of my Cal-King, shower, and walk 7 feet to work. Not a whole lot of people can say that.

In any case, Wax does his thing...he can demand the $ because he has a name and the game. And honestly, a lot of promoters in the bay are greedy...they want to make $ but not pay anybody to perform.
he don't really have a name outside this forum. despite the quality of his music, his name aint ringing. a promoter would lose money giving him 300. RIGHT NOW. when he drops his official then all that will change

Nov 16, 2010
www.themancavemag.com
he don't really have a name outside this forum. despite the quality of his music, his name aint ringing. a promoter would lose money giving him 300. RIGHT NOW. when he drops his official then all that will change
I've heard his name plenty of times from music fans, other artists, and some industry folks. The money issue would depend on the region. I'm sure Wax, like almost every underground artist in the game, has spots he can pack and spots he can't...depending on the location. Shit, it even depends on the night. I've packed places one night, and then not packed a spot in the same region the next week.

So many factors play into the show game that nobody can ever really say what an artist can or can't do on any given day. If you're not a MAJOR artist, shows can be very inconsistent.

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
This shit is Bomedy..if u ain't up on wax's music shut the fuck up..there's alot of real niggas that followed his music from day one til now and the ones who have recognizes his talent..alot of cats feel bitter still over the hus situation and can't seem to let it go..peep the videos wax ain't renting out cars or jewels blood is self made and real niggas gonna recognize and respect it..like I stated b4 jus cuz he's white doesn't make him no different from anybody else in the rap game or gang scene..a bullet from a white boy will do just as much damage as would coming from a black or mexican..if u feel dude is so wack and a loser than do somethin better than him and somethin on his level and then talk ya shit..until all these negative comments ain't nothin but hater shit and false judgement..

Feb 14, 2004
why argue and go back n forth
his talent is undeniable the music speaks for itself

10yrs hes been at it hopefully all the hardwork
finlly pays off